Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't make up my mind until I see the actual product.

I REALLY want to jump in this but I’m hesitant because there’s a lot at risk here. For such an expensive piece we really don’t know anything about the manufacture...

So, question about the mythos surrounding what the Alien actually was. Which i do find interesting now that someone made a statue that mimics the Alien Suit.

So was their a theory that the Alien was actually a suit worn my something or someone that was inside it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, question about the mythos surrounding what the Alien actually was. Which i do find interesting now that someone made a statue that mimics the Alien Suit.

So was their a theory that the Alien was actually a suit worn my something or someone that was inside it?

No there isn’t.
To go further, the Space Jokey (Engineer) originally wasn’t a creature in a suit either when Alien was made. In Ridley Scott’s worldwind of bad ideas, he elected to “recreate” the Space Jockey in Prometheus making it a suit rather than its physical self.
Sigh...

They just made a statue that faithfully represents the suit worn by the actor. You have visible seams and whatnot due to the man in a rubber monster suit limitations of the 70's.

Yeah well, I kinda like the idea that it could have been a bio mechanical suit worn by an alien race.

Or maybe even a suit that could have had a mind of its own and gotten away.

No, you can see the skeletal insides of its head anyway. It's just a vicious and beautiful living creature. Although it is a work of fiction, so I guess you can imagine it to be anything you want it to be....

I admire its purity. A survivor...unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

recent pics of ongoing production taken on the other forum

1F0354C4-AE1C-45B0-B5E6-6CBADAAFD78B.jpg

8AF24A24-FA5B-4E7D-A326-6FD1A26D0548.jpg

F023A7ED-C479-4884-903B-E6AB6693AE52.jpg

Absolutely stunning, however I must say that the details in the paint application appears to be significantly toned down from the prototype.

Want, want, want so much.. But not sure I can justify even to myself spending this kind of money any longer.

Were in the same boat, into the UK this will be at least 2 Grand, it's just getting silly now.
I would get this but if i do i'll be unable to buy anything else for a long time.

There's Prime 1's Big Chap to come next, plus a lot more i guess, it's just endless payout.

If i buy, that's it for me, i'll have no option but to give up collecting, it's too financially punishing.

ALIEN

I just think of all the other goodies I could buy with that money. That's also a semester of my kid's college. :\

I totally get what you guys are saying. That's why I'm only focusing on grail pieces for me, like this piece. Plus it's not like you can't get your money back outta a piece if later down the road you need money for something else.

Alien has always been one of my favorite movies, and the nostalgia that surrounds my memories of forty years ago is profound.
This is the statue that is a bullseye hit to that nostalgia spot. It looks magnificent ( though I would have liked to have seen the inside of the dome tinted and not so clear). Otherwise, it is definitely a grail for me.

But it will have to remain one, because I came to the conclusion some months back that there is just no way I could ever justify that cost for this piece.
Not with the way I display stuff (pieces get packed away for years when they are out of rotation)
It was even more of a non starter when I saw another 1/3 statue coming this year for almost half that price, that I'd dig having just as much, if not even more because it's not as over exposed as this character has become in the last thirty years.

While it's a disappointment to have to pass on this, I can at least take comfort that the new UHD release of the film, restores the original look to it, after more than fifteen years of increasing revisionism.

Watching scenes from it last night was as close to being transported back to the theater forty years ago as I've ever felt watching it at home.
And all for only $15.

But yeah (sigh) looking at those pics is bittersweet.

Damn, that thing is perfection.
Of course, I do not have the disposable income for something like that, not by a long shot, but it is beautiful to see.

Looks to have turned out beautifully. Not sure it's worth all of the price tag, but I will forever envy those who own it.

Back