Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't make my mind up! It's driving me MAD!

tumblr_olnecfjGhR1rfd7lko1_500.gif

I have a feeling Prime are going to ask the same insane prices and in he end the CP version is going to look like the best deal. Still kicking myself in the azz for not preordering when they had the 8 payment plan.

Prime one announced their warrior for the next winter wonderfest..ad what about their big chap? A render for the alien day and nothing else?

Prime one announced their warrior for the next winter wonderfest..ad what about their big chap? A render for the alien day and nothing else?

They said this on FB

Big Chap will be soon also the artist behind want to make it perfect need more time the pose will be heavily base on Kotobukiya version wich we are huge fan with Prime1 style of base ;)

The 1/10 Kotobukiya and the Mamegyorai 1/3 is from the same sculptor (Fujimoto). I wish Prime 1 hires him. :)

The 1/10 Kotobukiya and the Mamegyorai 1/3 is from the same sculptor (Fujimoto). I wish Prime 1 hires him. :)

This would be a match made in heaven. The little Koto is lovely. Imagine a 1/3 in that kind of pose, with a nicely themed base and a sculpt comparable to the beautiful (but crazy expensive) Mamegyorai version....

The fact is Fujimoto, together with his team did the research and study, even went to the Giger museum. I wonder how accurate Prime 1 will be. Will it be an artistic version based on the 1/10 scale? or will it be accurate to the suit like the Mamegyorai?

They said this on FB

Big Chap will be soon also the artist behind want to make it perfect need more time the pose will be heavily base on Kotobukiya version wich we are huge fan with Prime1 style of base ;)

Thanks!!I will be more than happy if we have the koto Alien in 1/3 scale with better details and a base that I will be able to display:) I will buy it if prize is reasonable together with coolprops version:)very good news and I love this pose!!

While I applaud the impeccable attention to detail, and I always loved the bent over pose photo, I'm realizing now that this piece isn't so much a rendition of the Big Chap as it is a recreation of a photo shoot of the rubber suit. It's still kinda cool for that, but not exactly what I actual want a display of. I'm rethinking my intent to buy this.

It's the closest to the actual alien that you can get right now in that scale. The Dracula/Frankenstein poses that companies come up with just look dumb in my opinion. It is tough to represent it because you never got to see it fully on film. At least these guys went with a representation that has some basis in reality even if it is a photo shoot. It's an artsy piece that doesn't have the coffee table footprint of the Prime1 variety.

It's not just based on the photo shoot, they went to multiple exhibitions and took hundreds of photos of the suits/props there. More of a suit replica, that classic photo was just an inspiration for the pose.

I thought this BIG gap was a problem with the demo statue but nope, it's supposed to be there.

problem1.jpg

Here's the sideshow image :

aien-big-chap-statue-mamegyorai-903914-11.jpg

The chest piece was worn over the suit like a vest. I'm assuming this is just a natural seam in the suit that you never saw. Until now.

The Giger Museum alien is more of a sculpt than a suit. Look at the giant hands and the lack of ribbing on the wrists. Not to mention the fact they covered it with latex webbing.
imageproxy (4).jpg

Suit pieces.
imageproxy (8).jpg

More pics from the photoshoot.
imageproxy (2).jpg
imageproxy (3).jpg
imageproxy.jpg

I quite like this pose.
27zgjo2.jpg

Prime 1 will have a tough time topping this race. I can´t wait for the reveal.

I mean we cry out for accuracy, and now we've got it. I love this thing, intentional seems and all, they just work on this combined with the suit wrinkles etc. It's actually a masterpiece imo, I only wish it were a more affordable masterpiece as almost $3k to my door is hard to swallow for any statue.

Back