Making of HT Predator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Making of HT Berserker Predator

Worse then that, in some cases the car takes out the deer legs and the body goes sailing through the windshield killing the front passengers or injuring them.

I'd say if you hit a moose going any where from 70-100k your chances of dying and the moose getting up and walking away are quite high.

Every time i go to Newfoundland by car, they have lots of these signs up and another one stating how many Moose related accidents occured in that year.

Newfoundland_Moose_Sign.jpg

I've never seen a moose. Deer are bad news, end of discussion. Thats why we all should have Predator like ships to hover and fly above them.

HELL NAW! Them deer are bad ass! They are tougher than Dutch....:lol

But seriously, never hit a deer, they will ____ up the hood of your car...:slap:gah:

A deer would totally beat a Predator. Deers aren't armed, so as soon as the Predator turns his back, the deer will charge him and kill him with his antlers.

:rotfl

Re: Making of HT Super Black Predator

You are right, how dare Hot Toys try to sell a figure so innacurate. I mean, if it was not for the title, I would have never known it was a Predator from the new movie. You also forgot to mention that he only had 19 dreads and that they are bent at 85 degree angles, yet Hot Toys puts 19.4 dreads and are bent at 86 degrees. Also, it looks nothing and has no likeness at all to the source material.

Man, Im tired of this stupid ass comments saying it is inaccurate. I won't buy the figure but that is just because I did not like the character enough in the movie, but I must admit it looks great. Eve the height is fine because they were supposed to be bigger than the normal Preds we all know. Just because the actors were not as tall as KVH does not mean the Berserker was not taller than the Classic. For those who have seen the movie know that. If you don't like it, get out of here and stop complaining.

Priceless... but not only was it funny, it was true. It still looks like Berserker and is extremely detailed. By now, I think most avid HT collectors should expect some artistic license and innacuracies, like it or not. But even if a figure is somewhat off, there's no doubting it's a show-stoppingly gorgeously-done piece. Take HT's Big Chap for instance. I acknowledge that he has quite a few accuracy issues. I still love the figure and have never seen such a beautiful piece, even if it has its problems.

Think about it this way, for short. As many nitpicks as you may have about this figure, I'm pretty sure most of us nearly fainted at the first sight of these new pics. High-five, HT. :hi5:

You know I never even noticed the inaccuracies of the Berserker and probably never would have untill people kept pointing them out. Reguardless I still want this figure.

Native american warriors weren't hippies but respected their environment. When you live and breath the forest you got to be one tough individual. A lame hedonistic hippie won't survive for an hour in the jungle. You won't survive if you don't have a sense of respect.

When i look at a predator (P1 and P2) i see a tribalistic and ritualistic culture. A fuse between a nature based lifestyle and advanced technology.

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha
You need to sit down and actually watch a predator flick bub. Ripping out the spine and skull from a body and then kicking the rest of the carcass to the jungle floor is about as far removed from a Native American hunter as you can get. They had more in common with the invading white man who stripped buffalo for their hides and left the carcasses to rot than anything "spiritual" or natural. Your comparison doesn't make sense.

=thenammagazine;2679522]:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha
You need to sit down and actually watch a predator flick bub.

:lol:rotfl:lol sure

Ripping out the spine and skull from a body and then kicking the rest of the carcass to the jungle floor is about as far removed from a Native American hunter as you can get.

Native americans were just an example i brought up to illustrate that respecting nature doesn't mean that you are always dealing with a hippie pacifist.

They had more in common with the invading white man who stripped buffalo for their hides and left the carcasses to rot than anything "spiritual" or natural. Your comparison doesn't make sense.

Do you really think that an Alien hunter would respect a species that bombs and kills eachother every chance they get, all they would see is an dangerous aggressive species, fun to kill. Your buffalo example is retarded. You are going on about native americans. Ofcourse predators have got nothing to do with native americans i was just using an example (see above)

When we look at Predator 1 and 2 we see an alien species that wears tribalistic jewelry and carves all kinds of mysterious symbols on the inside of their ships wich probably got to do something with some form of spirituality.

Last edited:

Predators are ____ing _______s. They're the rednecks of the galaxy...they dont have honor. They just like ____ing with lesser beings. :D

Predators are ____ing _______s. They're the rednecks of the galaxy...they dont have honor. They just like ____ing with lesser beings. :D

They do have honor, elder giving the trophy to Harrigan has to do with a sense of honor.

Look i'm not talking about some retarded Yautja ____. Are Predators; mean, cruel, violent, brutal...YES they are!

They however are deeply rooted in some mysterious tribalistic hunting culture with it's own values.

For that exact reason, I think this guy is even better than the movie and therefor want to buy it.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

As much as I'm usually all for screen-accuracy, I hate the design of the unmasked Berserker in the movie so much that I am absolutely delighted that HT went with a more Predatoresque design.

SOLD.

I wonder are we going to get any more of these "making of" pictures ..id be very interested to see how they make the ironman figures.:)

It's true. :huh

Native americans were just an example i brought up to illustrate that respecting nature doesn't mean that you are always dealing with a hippie pacifist.

How does blasting apart a forest to kill one man who's irritating you show a "respect" for nature? In P1 when Anytime is looking for Dutch after getting hit by a spear, he just blows up everything (doubly so in the deleted scenes as Anytime blasts a tree over Dutch's head to ____ with him). No respect there.

Do you really think that an Alien hunter would respect a species that bombs and kills eachother every chance they get, all they would see is an dangerous aggressive species, fun to kill. Your buffalo example is retarded. You are going on about native americans. Ofcourse predators have got nothing to do with native americans i was just using an example (see above)

My buffalo example hit it right on the head. It was your comparison to Native Americans that was retarded. The only thing they respect is sport. They're up for a 1-on-1 battle and as we saw in P2, they'll reward a kill. Outside of that, I can't see how they respect anything else.

As for the political nature, I'd say yes, they do respect humans. Why else would they come to earth for the supreme hunt if they didn't. :duh

When we look at Predator 1 and 2 we see an alien species that wears tribalistic jewelry and carves all kinds of mysterious symbols on the inside of their ships wich probably got to do something with some form of spirituality.

I don't. I see a species that likes to wear trophies. The fact that they hunt in hot jungles attests to what they wear more than any ____ing lameassed "spirituality." As for markings, that's likely identical to how we paint numbers on our planes and ships. It doesn't mean ____.

You really need to sit down and watch the Predator flicks again (if you've even watched them to begin with). You're clueless and looking for deeper meaning in a tide pool, bub. :rotfl

=thenammagazine;2680834]It's true. :huh

Ive seen predator about 200 times.

How does blasting apart a forest to kill one man who's irritating you show a "respect" for nature? In P1 when Anytime is looking for Dutch after getting hit by a spear, he just blows up everything (doubly so in the deleted scenes as Anytime blasts a tree over Dutch's head to ____ with him). No respect there.

He just blasted some treetops because he expected the attack came from. Just because there is respect doesn't mean he is not aware of his priorities. Destroying 1 or two trees doesn't mean anything in the regenarative nature of the jungle anyway, it's not like it's systematic.

My buffalo example hit it right on the head. It was your comparison to Native Americans that was retarded. The only thing they respect is sport. They're up for a 1-on-1 battle and as we saw in P2, they'll reward a kill. Outside of that, I can't see how they respect anything else.

Like i said: Native americans were just an example i brought up to illustrate that respecting nature doesn't mean that you are always dealing with a hippie pacifist.

Maybe they don't respect anything else except their game but a jungle is an essential part of this honest game, namely; eat or be eaten/survival of the fittest. Their whole religion/spirituality could be based on that.

As for the political nature, I'd say yes, they do respect humans. Why else would they come to earth for the supreme hunt if they didn't. :duh

Intelligence in a relative sense and efficiency regarding matters of conflict do not require respect.

I don't. I see a species that likes to wear trophies.

culture

The fact that they hunt in hot jungles attests to what they wear more than any ____ing lameassed "spirituality."

Again the purpose of wearing anything is related to the ego wich is related to the culture it boosts, if a culture's meaning is to hunt and to dominate lesser life-forms and by that gaining some greater status in the spiritual realm it is rational to assume that there is some conceptualized ladder to climb regarding to be some ultimate hunter. A sort of hunter based walhalla.

As for markings, that's likely identical to how we paint numbers on our planes and ships. It doesn't mean ____.

Watch the extra's it was based on the Maya or Aztec culture, can't remember exactly.Some pure tribalistic symbolism displayed there.

Last edited:

blablablaaah blahblaah blaah yeah i'm seriously not going to respond to this laughable geek rethoric.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qGp6xC5MXic&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qGp6xC5MXic&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thats the difference between the Elders and the others.........obviously you missed that in P2 and AVP. If they wanted to, they could have dropped Glover and that chick just for the hell of it :cuckoo:

Thenammagazine i have avoided this forum for a long time. That was because i think these kind of debates are completely tiresome, wether i was wrong or right. Ego's always get in the way.

Yet i always get myself in these kind of debates and i'm basically declaring that i don't have the energy or will to breath further life into them.

I will just read this forum (from time to time) from now on, i'm to devoid of energy to even continue trivial matters like debates on a collector's board.

You are entitled to ridicule this post but i am to depressed to respond anyway.

Back