Major League Baseball General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this will never ever happen..in all fairness, I think it shouldn’t really be named “ World Series “

Really there’s nothing really involving the World ..no other countries are represented

Wonder why they ever came up with that name ..I understand the two leagues , and how they are named but...

I think they should’ve renamed it years ago to it’s popular nickname “ The Fall Classic “ or something else

I was watching YouTube the other day and some British commentators mentioned “ I guess it’s the really the American WS of baseball “
FYI non US countries have won the World Series and still are in MLB. :lol And what the hell does Brits know about baseball.

Also where do the best players from the entire world come to play?

FYI non US countries have won the World Series and still are in MLB. :lol And what the hell does Brits know about baseball.

Also where do the best players from the entire world come to play?

Are you talking Little league or World League , because you do have a point .

It’s just interesting that the NFL has a National and American conference ( and I know it’s only one game but it’s named SB )

Even the NBA they called it Championships and now Finals

Like I said, the name will never be changed but it’s just weird :lecture

It’s just interesting that the NFL has a National and American conference ( and I know it’s only one game but it’s named SB )

MLB,why would I bring up little league.
It would be interesting to have the World Series winner play top teams from other leagues. I doubt they could win a series.

Back in the day, there was the AFL and the NFL. They merged in the 60’s

Kinsler picked a great time to break out his Chuck Knoblauch impression. Pitching to Puig with Barnes on deck didn’t make sense to me either.

World Champs!!!!!:yess: 15 years ago when Aaron Boone's HR left Yankee Stadium, believing the Sox would win the World Series let alone 4 was unfathomable. This is a great feeling and I'm going to soak this one in for a while.

The Twins no showing against the Yankees, color me shocked. The NYY/Astros ALCS should be a good series like it was last time. Meanwhile I'll sit around waiting to hear where the Sox will stupidly trade Betts.

How is it possible to lose 16 straight playoff games? That's incredible. My coworker's husband is a Twins and Bengals fan...Bengals have lost 8 straight playoff games as well. Poor guy.

Back