Major League Baseball 2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad there's some interest in a fantasy league! I don't mind being commish unless there are any objections...

So far we have:

Me
Mithrandier
Darth Loki
SKARY

The more the merrier, post in this thread or PM me if you want in! If you don't know how to play, we'll walk you through it.

I've done Yahoo and ESPN in the past and like 'em both. Anyone have a preference?

Prefer Yahoo, it's free and relatively easy to set up. Plenty of free advice for the beginners as well.

I had my fantasy draft today. I was in the middle of the draft order and wound up with the following players:

1B Albert Pujols
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Jeff Francoeur
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP C.C. Sabathia
SP Dustin McGowan
C Jason Varitek
SS Stephen Drew
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Mike Lowell
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
1B Mark Teixeira
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Garret Anderson
RP Joba Chamberlain
RP Rafael Soriano
SP Phil Hughes
SP Tim Hudson
SP Andy Pettitte
RP Rafael Betancourt

Not too bad... and I got some good Red Sox players. :rock

I'd take that line up.
You have a monster of a team.

Are you interested in playing with the Freaks as well?

Glad there's some interest in a fantasy league! I don't mind being commish unless there are any objections...

So far we have:

Me
Mithrandier
Darth Loki
SKARY

The more the merrier, post in this thread or PM me if you want in! If you don't know how to play, we'll walk you through it.

I've done Yahoo and ESPN in the past and like 'em both. Anyone have a preference?

Yeah, you can be commish.

Yahoo, that is where I have played football.

Hey I started keeping a list on the initial post as well.
Tha way if someone starts reading from #1, they can see it from the start.

Hi Guys, I'd be interested, never done this before, But if you guys don't mind helping a noob out I'm in. is there any fee?

Undecided as of yet. I was hoping we'd figure that out after we get a better grasp on who wants to play.

I'm pushing for a live draft though.

Live is the only way to go. Can't wait to prove my superior baseball knowledge to all you +++++es :D

And I prefer Roto leagues myself.

If we can't get more Freaks interested, maybe we can open it up to non-Freaks (but still freaky, nonetheless)?

Kabuki, we have six total commited, seven if Irish is in.

How many total do we want to get for the league?

Loki is right, 8 is kind of where you want to be. Any less and every team looks like the one Irish posted :eek:

I was thinking a minimum of 10 and no more than 12.
We only need 3-4 depending on Irish.
I would hate to open it up to outsiders.
Since there is no money involved it really wouldn't matter.
But at least we could all come back here and rag on me for how shatty my team is gonna be.

Yeah, I'm in no matter how big or small. With a small number of teams, you can do well even if your draft sucks because the FA pool will be vast. You just have to pay attention.

Would more people be interested if we were playing for a Sideshow GC or product? That may be getting into the area of gambling though, I dunno... :confused:

And I intend to rag your shatty team even if it's not that shatty. :D

Back