Major bummer on buying a $370 figure from Goodshipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vouch for Goodshipped. And I think this thread is rude and stupid and should be deleted. This is a 4 year old thread, and unless every other store has their own hate thread, don't think we should single out businesses like this. Not only that, we're buying expensive toys in a recession. Driving out sellers will only reduce competition and make those toys costlier. Absolutely othing wrong with their styrofoam packing either.

I'm usually fine with the shippers, and that's how I receive from 3A and Sideshow. I mean that is what they are isn't it? That tight corrugated cardboard reinforcement factory made for the actual product package protects it very well. And the individually customised foam box from Goodshipped further strengthens it. Always impressed when I open their stuff. ABC is actually much the same, don't they just use cardboard instead of foam?

I actually think air-bags are the worse and the foam pellets are a pain in the arse to dispose of. Ultimately packaging should really depend on the product and not be the same across the board. The bigger the company, the more generic the packaging. Amazon suck when it comes to big heavy books that can go through the box, or when you get multiple things all moving around inside. HLJ use cardboard thin boxes that crush, and I always make a mess with BBTS. Omg, and Sideshow, shipped only in the shipping box.

Sorry, Frazer, you say no offense, but then advocate not buying from him on possibly the biggest open forum for his type of goods? That is a huge impact to anyone's goodwill and I believe such issues should be solved privately.

I thought this was a thread where we could post our experiences with goodshipped? Obviously not. :dunno There was bound to be a person sometime or another that had a bad times ordering from goodshipped and voiced on this thread.. unfortunately it was me. People can still buy from him.. its just I wont be again. I just hope they have a better experience than me and all im doing is warning them of the possible problems that may arise. :wave

goodshipped packs like that i had my enterbay box from GOD in the same way as u. its arrived torn etc.

I vouch for GoodShipped. Leo is a really nice guy. I don't collect 1/6 figures anymore but may be tempted into 1/4 figures if HT finally get round to making some 1/4 Preds & Leo is who I'll most probably be ordering from. I've ordered loads of figures from Leo without a problem. If you contact him directly he'll even discount the price.

I have never had a problem with Leo a.k. Goodshipped. He has always provided stellar first-class service and overseas shipping. Sorry for the shipping damages but it happens sometimes. Leo is Good.

He's not a scammer but he wouldn't be my first choice if I'm honest. He made errors on a few orders I made with him on different occasions. He rectified them but one likes certainty that you'll get exactly what you've ordered and after 2 or more mistake orders I don't have 100% confidence that there won't be any extra hassle. And this looking for extra money after the deal is done, I've never had that before on anything I've bought from anywhere or anyone. I wouldn't do it as a sometime seller.

Sounds like this would all be fixed with a disclaimer on the ebay listings, to the effect that a postage fee *may* be required where the box comes in heavier or larger than anticipated.

But yeh. Free postage should mean just that. Extremely bad business practice to offer it in order to attract buyers and then flat out renege on it by asking tens of dollars extra.

I never buy from Goodshipped.
We made a deal via email and then he delisted the product in question and relisted at a much higher price because he decided he didn't like the exchange rate fluctuations. And then wanted me to start negotiating again at a much higher price.

I know a deal isn't final until cash changes hands but it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I skip over listings on ebay when I see his name.

I was going to buy the ZWCO Gordon clothes set from eBay and just saw Goodshipped was the seller. I am a little reluctant to deal with him now after reading some of these negative reviews.

I bet he is a really good guy, but it seems his business savvy is not that great and I have not time for a potential headache.

Never had a single issue with him. Once had a figure just wrapped in paper, no other protection, but it arrived without a single dent.

Never had a single issue with him. Once had a figure just wrapped in paper, no other protection, but it arrived without a single dent.

Thats miraculous though. A figure wrapped in just paper?? Christ.

I don't understand how a figure enthusiast could possibly consider that acceptable, either to send or receive.

Except that your figure was shipped in paper .

Thats miraculous though. A figure wrapped in just paper?? Christ.

I don't understand how a figure enthusiast could possibly consider that acceptable, either to send or receive.

:lecture :exactly:

Which didn't result in a problem. I got the package without a single issue, so why would I make a problem? It got here safe.

Yeh, I was talking more about the problem being the attitude of the seller in thinking that it's acceptable to ship a figure box in nothing but paper. By the sounds of it that isn't the regular MO for goodshipped, but it does kind of point to a lack of respect for the customer (ie I know these things cost a couple hundred bucks, and that collectors generally like the box to arrive in good shape, but what the hey... I'll wrap it in paper and hope for the best)

I have to say the packing hasn't been very consistent over the years, sometimes it's double boxed, sometimes it's that foam stuff, he doesn't stick with a certain method. Granted, nobody always has the right size box laying around but it'd be a lot more professional.

Seems like I've ordered a few things from those guys over the years, and I don't remember any problems. But charging more for shipping after the fact is lame. If you can't properly estimate shipping cost, then you should eat the shipping cost. I've had to do that a few times.

Yeh, I was talking more about the problem being the attitude of the seller in thinking that it's acceptable to ship a figure box in nothing but paper. By the sounds of it that isn't the regular MO for goodshipped, but it does kind of point to a lack of respect for the customer (ie I know these things cost a couple hundred bucks, and that collectors generally like the box to arrive in good shape, but what the hey... I'll wrap it in paper and hope for the best)

I'd say its related to this lark of looking for more money for shipping after the fact despite the supposed ''free shipping''. He felt he hadn't charged enough for the figure so tried to make money back by not having to spend as much to ship it - thus the figure or figure box just wrapped in paper - no added dimensions and weight of a shipping box. Still he took a big chance there. I would assume such a package would arrive to the customer damaged and I would assume the customer wouldn't be too happy about that.

Last edited:
I've had the "bulk batch" as he calls it, issue with him.
I will never pre-order a figure with him again, even though he lists items as "You are guaranteed to receive the toy when it releases."

What he actually means, is when he has sold as many of the first and second batch at inflated prices then he will send you your item. You can end up waiting months, even though you pre-ordered with him and he has them in stock. And yes I have been asked for more cash for shipping also. But to be honest that honor goes to TOYS2 who tried to completely screw me over on shipping, after the fact.
That was a while back, and now I don't do ebay much anymore..
Leo? He's reasonably trustworthy, just not for preorders IMO.

Back