Major bummer on buying a $370 figure from Goodshipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H-k Apestore got my most anticipated figure,Mark one Iron Man,to me in England three days after it s release in Hong Kong and included the carrier bag too.The Guys unbeatable where im concerned.Just ordered DX Batman with him.

Goodshipped (Leo) will respond and work with you as well. But I guess you gotta be persistent.
It's a two way street. No one likes it when something goes wrong. It's a pain for everyone.

People like Tony Cheung and Studio Sunny don't mind getting the sales in, but when it comes to after sales service or fixing a problem they disappear. Got overcharged on shipping by $100 with Studio Sunny. First email I sent, to address the problem, I get a reply he's on holidays. Sent numerous follow up emails and not one response. He must be on long service leave.

Fact is, problems shouldn't happen that often, so when they do it shouldn't be too much trouble to fix it. With these early pre-orders and what not, the ebay figures for good feedback do not include many disgruntled buyers comments, due to the length of time between buying and arriving. So the only place you can get the real information is from message boards such as these. Most people will report never having had a problem. It's the ones that have had a problem that should be listened to. That's where you learn what will go down when you end up in the same or similar circumstances. I tried caca Tony and Sunny because of recommendations here. You live and learn. The hard way being the most effective. People like Studio and Tony should spend more time and focus on their service but they're too interested in incoming funds too realise the damage they do to their own reputation and then cry foul when things start falling apart for them.

Caca List.

Tony Cheung
Studio Sunny

I've used Studio Sunny. I've had the best of times and the worst of times with them. I agree with Creech.
I only trust ABC and GS with my Hot Toys p.o's

I agree with you Creech. I put StudioSunny at 3rd best because he has really really fast shipping. But, as you said, service is not his forte. Recently had to get a refund and pay again because he decided to 'change' his PayPal address.............glad to say I did get the refund, phew! :lol
But even though all that happened, he still sent the item before the second payment went through......took 3 days to get here! :rock

I think most people have a horror story or two in their collecting experience, no need to be sorry. As I mentioned earlier, even though people will make their own decisions, regardless of what your experience has been, they will learn the hard way. Fortunately, most times, their experiences will contradict your own.

I was probably one of the people who recommended Good Shipped to you in the first place. So I'm the one that's sorry you had this experience in the first place. All my parcels from him have arrived without incident, though I think the last one just had like 1/2 cm thick styrofoam covering it, before being wrapped in paper. Whilst I would prefer my parcels to be surrounded by air pillows or peanuts inside a much larger box, because that has provided the best protection in the past, as long as I get my goods in perfect order, maybe I shouldn't complain. We don't all have to do things the same.

Maybe a separate thread ought to be started listing good and bad Hong Kong sellers. Each post here brings attention to Good Shipped, and considering the threads title, increases everyones perception he's somewhat of a sheister.

ABC is a Hong Kong based seller with an excellent reputation, but I've had problems with them too. The point is, they've made right any problem I have had with them. I haven't had a problem with Good Shipped either because my parcels got to me in good order, whether or not his packaging isn't necessarily to my liking, I feel is besides the point. I can see items being damaged easily if he continues with, what I consider, shoddy packaging. I may steer clear of his auctions in fear, not that he couldn't rectify any damage, but that I'd prefer not to have to go through the process.

Sorry everyone for the long winded post. I'm a bugger for that.

Hello fellows,

This is Leo from goodshipped. I haven't check this thread for some time becuase the Thread's creator problem has been solved and he was satisfied.

This thread started with Hydeous who bought a Nokia Enterbay GOD set from goodshipped and the boxset was damaged during delivery. I had sent him a new boxset already and he was very satisfied and we became friends ^^

Thanks Creecher for your sharing (and support to goodshipped ^^) which is also my words in heart. Things happen although we tried our best to avoid but I just want to restate why goodshipped is different from other HK sellers - I care customers and I can say I offer the best after-sales service to customers amongst all HK sellers. Accidents / airline flight / post office all cannot be controlled and this is truth. What I can do is to stay with customer, communicate and help them with my best when problem arises. This is my way of doing business. No one will reply thread like I do and you know I really care my customers ^^

Creecher pointed out that my packing may not be strong enough for the tough delivery route (he has no delivery problem with me though^^) but I have to defend that I tested all sorts of packing materials and balance the cost (bear by buyer finally) and finally come out using the foamboard which is the best choice yet for packing material as:

1. Much thicker than carton box (1cm thick foamboard vs 0.2cm double-toned carton box)

2. excellent protection for corners! (tested many times! When airline / post office staff throw the parcel and the landing point is the corner, 100% the parcel's corner will be crashed if packed with carton box! no problem with foamboard!!!)

3. Foamboard is much cleaner (carton box is dirty and China sellers like to fill it up with very very dirty newspaper)

parcels to be surrounded by air pillows or peanuts inside a much larger box is the best I agree but the postage fees will be higher (larger size and heavier) and the packing material cost also higher which these come out a higher shipping and handling charge and all buyers will run away choosing a cheaper price one on eBay (deman and supply @@!). That's why I didn't use this as default packing option but let customers to upgrade if they feel the need to. (Actually I have the best packing method - the goodshipped signature 3-layer packing service, email me for more info. ^^)

For shipping and handling there is also another section - tax avoidance that Creecher didn't mention. I am a tax avoidance expert and i will mention more about this in the new thread below ^^

and now the goodshipped Saga continues here (Thanks ChaserFan for creating a meaningful and useful thread):
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69022

and I will say hello in the above thread soon!

(Russell1982, contact me directly and I will help you out! No matter what time you purchased from me! Ok?)

hope you enjoy online shopping and hope you enjoy being served by goodshipped

Leo

Last edited:
Just thought i'd post a heads up to the board members thinking about going with goodshipped. If I was to give my own opinion out of personal experience.. don't do it. No offense intended to Leo of course. But I just didnt get the service i've had when ordering from various other places. I ordered my DX 12 Batman from goodshipped at the end of September and only got a message today to inform me it was in stock.

I dont want to come across a ****** but waiting 4 months for a figure released in Hong Kong from a seller based in Hong Kong is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. :dunno Although Leo got back to me eventually, it took a few days to get a reply from him when asking for an update on my figures arrival status.

Ive also been asked to send an extra $20 to him because he didnt know how much the package weighed and it costs more to ship an item of that weight. Now I dont know about anyone else but I think thats pretty unprofessional. Really the last thing I want is to pay for a £180 figure and be asked for an additional amount of money so the seller can ship the item when the ebay profile states its free shipping.

Ive sent the extra shipping money to avoid any aggravation, but that doesnt mean I was happy to do so.

Im not saying DONT buy from Leo, just be ready for some unexpected surprises during the possibly longer than you'd hoped wait. Hope this helps for anyone considering buying from goodshipped! If you do go and order with him, I hope you have a better experience than I did. :wave

You guys have limited options in Europe I understand that....this is the way to go about it....voice your opinion and let people decide on their own...tell your side of the story and let others decide. Waiting for DX12 for 4 months is RIDICULOUS....I got mine 2 weeks ago from SS and I waited for the figure to go on WL for several weeks before I decided to jump on the WL.

Just thought i'd post a heads up to the board members thinking about going with goodshipped. If I was to give my own opinion out of personal experience.. don't do it. No offense intended to Leo of course. But I just didnt get the service i've had when ordering from various other places. I ordered my DX 12 Batman from goodshipped at the end of September and only got a message today to inform me it was in stock.

I dont want to come across a ****** but waiting 4 months for a figure released in Hong Kong from a seller based in Hong Kong is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. :dunno Although Leo got back to me eventually, it took a few days to get a reply from him when asking for an update on my figures arrival status.

Ive also been asked to send an extra $20 to him because he didnt know how much the package weighed and it costs more to ship an item of that weight. Now I dont know about anyone else but I think thats pretty unprofessional. Really the last thing I want is to pay for a £180 figure and be asked for an additional amount of money so the seller can ship the item when the ebay profile states its free shipping.

Ive sent the extra shipping money to avoid any aggravation, but that doesnt mean I was happy to do so.

Im not saying DONT buy from Leo, just be ready for some unexpected surprises during the possibly longer than you'd hoped wait. Hope this helps for anyone considering buying from goodshipped! If you do go and order with him, I hope you have a better experience than I did. :wave

A similar thing happened to me when I purchased an Enterbay Bruce Lee statue from him via Ebay. I used "Buy It Now" which included the shipping costs. He later emails me for an additional $30.00 due to the oversize package. Fearing I might not be able to get another, I paid the money and bit my tongue. I could have cancelled the transaction, but wanted the item. Never again. I've been selling on Ebay for over 10 years and would never ask a buyer to pay extra fees due to a miscalculation on my part. My first and last time dealing with Goodshipped.

Was about to buy the EB T-800 off of goodshipped a few weeks ago, bullet dodged.

A similar thing happened to me when I purchased an Enterbay Bruce Lee statue from him via Ebay. I used "Buy It Now" which included the shipping costs. He later emails me for an additional $30.00 due to the oversize package. Fearing I might not be able to get another, I paid the money and bit my tongue. I could have cancelled the transaction, but wanted the item. Never again. I've been selling on Ebay for over 10 years and would never ask a buyer to pay extra fees due to a miscalculation on my part. My first and last time dealing with Goodshipped.

Another one?!:slap

Seems like theres more victims out there. But how come no ones reporting this on ebay?

Ive had no problems... and I dont even deal with him on ebay :dunno and hes the only guy I buy from. I always choose EMS though... and his stuff is always packed with bubble wrap and foam boards...

Last edited:
I've got no issues with Leo whatsoever. I feel sorry for the OP but Goodshipped along with abc express and a couple of others are trusted sellers. I hope this thread doesn't descend into a witch hunt because Leo doesn't deserve that.
I've had more issue with damage packaging coming from Sideshow themselves than anyone of these guys on eBay.
**** happens. Communicate through the proper channels and deal with it in a proper way. Let's not start a b itch fest.

I vouch for Goodshipped. And I think this thread is rude and stupid and should be deleted. This is a 4 year old thread, and unless every other store has their own hate thread, don't think we should single out businesses like this. Not only that, we're buying expensive toys in a recession. Driving out sellers will only reduce competition and make those toys costlier. Absolutely othing wrong with their styrofoam packing either.

I'm usually fine with the shippers, and that's how I receive from 3A and Sideshow. I mean that is what they are isn't it? That tight corrugated cardboard reinforcement factory made for the actual product package protects it very well. And the individually customised foam box from Goodshipped further strengthens it. Always impressed when I open their stuff. ABC is actually much the same, don't they just use cardboard instead of foam?

I actually think air-bags are the worse and the foam pellets are a pain in the arse to dispose of. Ultimately packaging should really depend on the product and not be the same across the board. The bigger the company, the more generic the packaging. Amazon suck when it comes to big heavy books that can go through the box, or when you get multiple things all moving around inside. HLJ use cardboard thin boxes that crush, and I always make a mess with BBTS. Omg, and Sideshow, shipped only in the shipping box.

Sorry, Frazer, you say no offense, but then advocate not buying from him on possibly the biggest open forum for his type of goods? That is a huge impact to anyone's goodwill and I believe such issues should be solved privately.

I vouch for Goodshipped. And I think this thread is rude and stupid and should be deleted. This is a 4 year old thread, and unless every other store has their own hate thread, don't think we should single out businesses like this. Not only that, we're buying expensive toys in a recession. Driving out sellers will only reduce competition and make those toys costlier. Absolutely othing wrong with their styrofoam packing either.

I'm usually fine with the shippers, and that's how I receive from 3A and Sideshow. I mean that is what they are isn't it? That tight corrugated cardboard reinforcement factory made for the actual product package protects it very well. And the individually customised foam box from Goodshipped further strengthens it. Always impressed when I open their stuff. ABC is actually much the same, don't they just use cardboard instead of foam?

I actually think air-bags are the worse and the foam pellets are a pain in the arse to dispose of. Ultimately packaging should really depend on the product and not be the same across the board. The bigger the company, the more generic the packaging. Amazon suck when it comes to big heavy books that can go through the box, or when you get multiple things all moving around inside. HLJ use cardboard thin boxes that crush, and I always make a mess with BBTS. Omg, and Sideshow, shipped only in the shipping box.

Sorry, Frazer, you say no offense, but then advocate not buying from him on possibly the biggest open forum for his type of goods? That is a huge impact to anyone's goodwill and I believe such issues should be solved privately.

By vouch do you mean you will start by reimbursing those guys who got extorted $20-30 more, despite having a free shipping auction? or are you just throwing that word around loosely?

Its not a hate thread, its something that happened to a bunch of collectors (not just 1) and by sharing and posting their problems, hopefully they'll find a solution and also so that others if they chose to do business with goodshipped, could be warned and decide for themselves.

My original issue with goodshipped have been resolved already, so I have no idea why are you even bringing up the discussion regarding packaging boxes?

Having similar problems with goodshipped before, I have tried to resolve things with him privately, and chances are he wont prioritize replying you, unless you bring it up into an open forum where he need to respond and show his good faith.

increasing prices after a deal has been struck is not the way to go though. its like holding you to ransom, he booked it 4 months back, and now that the item has risen in value and cant be found cheaper anywhere else, its not nice of the seller trying to extort a few extra dollars,,knowing that the buyer has no other option probably

Back