Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow has a picture of it like that:
100072-major-bludd-006.jpg

Although the vest portion of the armor has been changed since the prototype pictured there, it's now more V shaped, MrLawless1 has a picture of the new vest in this thread:

2umugupy.jpg

I got a glimpse of it when I removed the armor to readjust everything, I personally don't like the look.
It might look cool with the two chest pieces removed from the upper armor and reattached to the vest that's underneath.
I'm not going to try it, the chest armor on mine is firmly glued in place and it still wouldn't look enough like the original figure for my tastes. Besides I like Sideshow's version.

That panel looks a lot like a sand trooper Pauldron.

Just purchased major blood and cobra commander together . I'm really hoping that Bludd come with a better body then the debacle which was zartan . I can't find any video reviews on YouTube except one .

Just purchased major blood and cobra commander together . I'm really hoping that Bludd come with a better body then the debacle which was zartan . I can't find any video reviews on YouTube except one .

Nope body is still trash. Was futzing with him lastnight. Sideshow bodies are almost so bad... that I wish figures didn't actually come with them.

I dont see any problems with Bludds body...
Before anyone jumps on this im saying I dont personally see anyyhong wrong!

I just remember getting zartan from sideshow . It was my first gi-joe figure from them . The figure and design are awesome but the body in terms of dexterity and holding posed was just absolutely atrocious . I should have contacted ssc but I stuck with it . He pretty much stays in one pose now . It felt like they had put electric tape on the knees . When I bent the knees and let go. It would just return to the original position . Im praying I have better luck with Major bludd . If it's the same ,I'm returning him immediately .

I just remember getting zartan from sideshow . It was my first gi-joe figure from them . The figure and design are awesome but the body in terms of dexterity and holding posed was just absolutely atrocious . I should have contacted ssc but I stuck with it . He pretty much stays in one pose now . It felt like they had put electric tape on the knees . When I bent the knees and let go. It would just return to the original position . Im praying I have better luck with Major bludd . If it's the same ,I'm returning him immediately .

Everybody complains about those knees but if they are the same as the Cobra Comanders they are so easy to fix!
Haven't gotten around to fixing Zartans yet but dont worry, Bludd haa different knees.

If his knees are the same as CC's start off by taking his pants off...
Pull the lower part of his leg off the peg (that way you dont risk cracking anything) then start bending the knee back and forth... in no time at all the knee loosens right up & is really easy to position!
Its hard to fix the top joint (double jointed knees) but loosening up the bottom is enough to get him posed pretty damn well...

How do I fix zartans knees ?

I'm pretty new to collecting sideshow but I too had the same issue with Zartans rubber knees. Someone on here mentioned putting the body in the freezer for about 30 mins, I did that and it freed it up enough to "Crack" the joint. I reckon the rubber had expanded and stuck to the plastic joints. Also I sprayed the joint carefully with rubber lube for cars, it's non harmful and sorted the issue completely!

finally broak down and baught him, I don't know why he took so long to decide but I do like him.

Here's my Bludd, I ditched the robot hand and gave him a long sleeved t-shirt for bulk. I'm working on him a set of patches still but did finish his rocket pistol this weekend. I'll post more pictures of the pistol in a separate commission thread to see if there is enough interest in it for me to do castings. Very pleased with how the pistol turned out!

He turned out to be a great figure, I need to thank 1Kmask for the trade. WIN/WIN!

Here's a shot of the pistol.

how did you make that it looks like a CC pistol with a rocket

Back