Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys remember he that guy. :)

ShortRound.jpg

I think you guys are on to something. I think using a normal hand in lieu of the robot hand (which sadly probably could have saved the figure 20 bucks a piece in R&D) is the way to go. Now to figure out if clipping the pegs off the rocket gun is a good idea... :confused:

I think you guys are on to something. I think using a normal hand in lieu of the robot hand (which sadly probably could have saved the figure 20 bucks a piece in R&D) is the way to go. Now to figure out if clipping the pegs off the rocket gun is a good idea... :confused:

Now that you mention it I'm a little concerned these guys are going for 174$ in comparison to DAM, SS modern who come with more for less. I guess a lot of their items are just mass produced and shared among other kits.

Now that you mention it I'm a little concerned these guys are going for 174$ in comparison to DAM, SS modern who come with more for less. I guess a lot of their items are just mass produced and shared among other kits.

Playhouse, art figures, DAM and SS stuff are unlicensed. It's mostly just generic crap that they pull from referenced military photos. Or from a military movie, or anything military for that matter. If it came from a movie, then it's not licensed. At all.

If they were to do licensed subject matter then I think it'll be at the same price. If anything it would be maybe 20 cheaper, depending upon what they're making, and also I'm being way optimistic on that. :lol

Bottom line, same price but with a couple levels up in quality above sideshow. Not to say sideshow quality isn't comparable with those other companies (DAM, SS, PH, AF) but their straight to production pieces can have their faults from time; which a lot of people in this forum have been vocal about.

I don't think they'd be any cheaper if they were made by Soldier Story or Dam with proper licensing. Some of Dam's figures are almost there at Sideshow prices with the Dam Ghost Series figure priced at $145.
Something else that should be considered is that Sideshow's Joes not only have proper licensing from Hasbro, but they also have proper licensing from Magpul and TAD Gear which is something those other companies should obtain but get around it being companies located in Asia.

I don't think they'd be any cheaper if they were made by Soldier Story or Dam with proper licensing.
Something else that should be considered is that Sideshow's Joes not only have proper licensing from Hasbro, but they also have proper licensing from Magpul and TAD Gear which is something those other companies should obtain but get around it being companies located in Asia.

:lol

Yeah, totally forgot about that.

I don't think they'd be any cheaper if they were made by Soldier Story or Dam with proper licensing. Some of Dam's figures are almost there at Sideshow prices with the Dam Ghost Series figure priced at $145.

Not sure they paid for licensing from HK or Glock though. :lol

I thought it said Tokyo Marui or something. Like they lifted the sculpt from an Airsoft maker.

:lol Glock.

TM doesn't recognize licensing, so that would be EXTREMELY stupid on their part. :lol But Glock is notorious for chasing down unlicensed product, as is HK. Trademark laws don't really apply in Asia, which is why most other 1/6 companies get away with it, but here in the states they do.

Back