Maintaining Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got myself a Red Skull. When I got the pleather trenchcoat out of the plastic packaging I see flakes on the packaging ...
Don't know how can I stop the flaking. Reading a bit on the Internet. It seems that once flaking starts there is no return :(

For those who keep it in box, better let the faux leather materials out to 'breathe'.

only reason it flaked in box is because a.Prolonged contact with plastic tray b.Heat & humid stuck inside the box. Other than these 2 i don't see why PU leather would flake sooner displayed compared to in the box. I have opened toys with PU leather that's very old but the leather is still fine out of box, but i know the moment i display it it will start the process... sometimes the heat can really build up during shipment especially non-express mails, it sits in a container under hot sun, crosses the sea, then waits in the port under hot sun again. Even inside the van, it can get real hot. I've opened packages right after receiving from courier, you can feel the heat coming out of the box when you open it.

side note, depends how the coat is, if there's a fabric layer left, you can:
1.remove the Pleather layer (wash/scrub) and turn it into fabric coat (if fabric is different color then you may need to dye it)
2.remove the Pleather layer and purchase a piece of real leather and sew it back onto the fabric base.
3.remove the Pleather layer, spray it with rubber coat spray paint. it will give a vinyl like look. people used it to repair their worn out bike seats.

Back