Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this compare to xm magneto?

I've got both and this Maq is HUGE compared to the XM Magneto. The XM magneto is slightly smaller than 1/4 scale while the SS Maq looks to be larger than 1/4

Both are fully sculpted, except for the cape, and have modern costumes which look very similar. The XM has some cool switch outs and the unmasked portrait is better on the XM IMO, but the SS Maq has more presence because of the size and pose. Happy to have both of these amazing pieces :)

Wow, this piece is awesome in hand. I'm a person on the fence about this piece, but now I have it, man... I would be an idiot if not picking this up.

45523988985_31d0eca1da_c.jpg

45713481064_3b730ae293_c.jpg

45713483424_f6fd455f49_c.jpg

45523984975_bc32aa7e79_c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Wow, this piece is awesome in hand. I'm a person on the fence about this piece, but now I have it, man... I would be an idiot if not picking this up.

Wow excellent Pics!

Can either of you take some photos of him and Dr. Doom next to each other? Curious about the difference in height as well as how they look as I might try to pair them with each other, or have them next to each other on display with their pose-able capes. Same with Red Skull. Is the cape the same material and wire strength as the Dr. Doom cape?

DW, normally I would but it’s a very delicate deal taking him out of the cabinet due to the metal spikes. I’m only taking him out if 100% necessary.

I can tell you he is slightly larger than 1/4. Doom should be much larger than magneto but isn’t.

These pics look awesome. If i get it dow. The line im not sure if i would care for the ex

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No problem. Would it be easier to move Dr. Doom and swap with Sabertooth or Mystique to get them next to each other for comparison since he's not as delicate as and easier to move than Magneto?

Compared to Wolverine and Phoenix above, he seems to be to scale, 1/4. Doom I know they messed up on because they treated his armor as a 1/4 body rather than something a 1/4 body would fit inside and wear so he's smaller than he should be. They look almost the same size but hard to tell.

I've been looking at them both and I want to say they are about the same size. Magneto is puffed up in the moment so he looks a lot bigger than he should but I'm pretty confident he's 1/4th or very close. I think Magneto has a lot more presence then Dr.Doom one way or another.

I took someone’s reco to remove the rear large spike to fit better in Detolf and it paid off. He’s now forward facing which gives better bisibility to the portrait.

I took someone’s reco to remove the rear large spike to fit better in Detolf and it paid off. He’s now forward facing which gives better bisibility to the portrait.

I saw your pics and it looks fantastic.

I reckon if you have the cape downwards then removing the spike is the better option for display.

There was a pic on Facebook where the guy had the cape horizontal and that made the spikes more impactful.

Yea, if a sculpted cape is to be made, it'll have to be pretty lightweight.

Yea, if a sculpted cape is to be made, it'll have to be pretty lightweight.

would have to be fiberglass or PVC (plastic). I personally would be ok with fiberglass but PVC just feels super cheap on a 1/4 scale piece IMO.

Nicely posed cape. I hate the cape but you made it look classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cape isn't removable is it? So there's no way of weighing it?

I really think the sculpted cape could be done. You've got the option of weight reducing fillers like micro-balloons to mix into your lightest resins.

I like this guy a lot more now people have him than I did before, it's turned out really well.

Back