Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's 25.5" high and about 19-20" in width including the giant spike although you can trim off a few if you don't spread out the cape as much. It's a big boy but a gorgeous one. Crappy iPhone pic.

Attachments

• kyzBkDI.jpg
    kyzBkDI.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 253
Yea and it's like the muscles aren't in the right places or something and the cape is laughably long.

Why is Wolverine being "deflated" in that custom?

Mags is pulling the admantium from Wolvie's skeleton, yes ....but not the fluids/muscles/bones. It's just weird.

Why is Wolverine being "deflated" in that custom?

Mags is pulling the admantium from Wolvie's skeleton, yes ....but not the fluids/muscles/bones. It's just weird.

dug up pics of the final statue off FB

50077635_10161239149030655_8478288725321711616_n.jpg

I just don't love the way mags is sculpted like a body builder but they did fix deflate-gate wolverine :rotfl

dug up pics of the final statue off FB

50077635_10161239149030655_8478288725321711616_n.jpg

I just don't love the way mags is sculpted like a body builder but they did fix deflate-gate wolverine :rotfl

Ah, so they did. That's better.

But you're right tho, Mags is too bulked up. That should've been adjusted too.

I remember when this statue was revealed people wanted Magneto more muscular like in Marvel vs Capcom 2. I think the way he turned out was great. Lean but still built quite a bit.

I have the regular edition and the tip of magneto's helmet rests on this shoulder pad cape thing. Does anyone else have this issue? Or is there gernally a gap there?

I remember when this statue was revealed people wanted Magneto more muscular like in Marvel vs Capcom 2. I think the way he turned out was great. Lean but still built quite a bit.

I never had an issue with his build. I just hated his wingtip collar when he was originally revealed and didn't like his sideshowified costume. After this piece was reworked, I think it turned out pretty good. That said, I'm still waiting on a 1/4 classic Byrne/Lee Magneto. That's the only Mags I want for my collection.

There's a gap there for me. It's small but easily visible.

sAWUvvy.jpg

This statue is listed as resin on the website, how different from poly stone is that?

Resin (Rosin)

Interestingly enough, resin isn’t really a plastic a all from the technical sense. It’s compound consists of mostly organic ingredients found in plants and trees. What we commonly see in figurines is actually a synthetic resin. This synthetic resin has similar properties to ABS, but it is more brittle. It’s more akin to liquid solidified, almost like soap. The process is similar to epoxy – combining two liquids together to cause a chemical reaction of solidifying. When casting resin, this is essentially what happens. A finished resin cast has the same smoothness as PVC, but has trouble sticking paint. It too has to be primed. Resin is that it’s typically used for hobby kits, and therefore the sculptor doesn’t have to concern too much with technical restrictions of mass production products like PVC and ABS. The pieces are cut up into logical manners to fit within the restriction, and it’s up to the hobbyist to hide the seams, and fit the pieces together. The advantage of resin kits is that it’s soft and easy to sand and cut, while sturdy enough to hold up weight. High quality resin is typically very dense and can withstand quite a bit of pounding, but will shatter under significant pressure, while ABS would simply bounce back. But because of ABS’s toughness, it’s easier to sand resin.

Polystone (Resin compound)

Polystone is a similar property to resin, but is even more brittle! It’s higher quality than resin because of the base materials it uses – mainly it uses minerals such as aluminum hydrate, as opposed to synthetic materials. It’s typically made for mass-produced statues, such as the Final Fantasy 7 polystone cold-casts. From what I can tell, it seems that polystone is the least restrictive. The edges and cuts seem the cleanest, and a fair amount of detail can be put into it. This may be why polystone is the material of choice for mass produced resin cast figures.

Just assembled it in my office...it really is an amazing piece...and one of the few that the fabric cape really works well for. I will be getting a stand alone pedestal for him as when I put him next to a few other tall pieces it seemed to diminish the floating effect.

Back