Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that MvC Magneto. I’m tired of seeing if myself. I don’t understand the hype around MvC statues. I’ve seen Wolverine MvC customs as well and they are terrible. I don’t want my superhero’s even more jacked than they already are. It looks even less unrealistic and nothing is proportioned correct.

I think it’s more about those buyers being fans of the game which was huge when it came out.

Goes to show most of us are not just about having our superheroes look like meatheads. Its more about comic accuracy.

We know Mags is muscular ...but to the proper level. We don't want him too scrawny yet we don't want him to look like the Hulk either.

I hate that MvC Magneto. I’m tired of seeing if myself. I don’t understand the hype around MvC statues. I’ve seen Wolverine MvC customs as well and they are terrible. I don’t want my superhero’s even more jacked than they already are. It looks even less unrealistic and nothing is proportioned correct.

I agree, it is the worst Magneto I've ever seen. Even worse than the AoA Magneto with the lime green hair and butterfly cape. Though, I will say this. I saw someone who did a complete repaint of the AoA Magneto in proper colors, and it looked pretty amazing.

The best two Mags has to be XM Mags and Daniel Bels Custom Mags. Until SS releases theirs. It’s the same story with Wolverine. Some of them sculpts are so huge they look like bodybuilders! Even though these pieces can sometimes look nice. They don’t inspire me to buy them. The comic accuracy is important in most cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it is the worst Magneto I've ever seen. Even worse than the AoA Magneto with the lime green hair and butterfly cape. Though, I will say this. I saw someone who did a complete repaint of the AoA Magneto in proper colors, and it looked pretty amazing.

I’m not a huge fan of the AoA either but I seen that repaint as well and I almost wanted to get it. I don’t do customs because it could get dark if I enter that world lol. I have seen some upcoming Wolverine customs such as Xforce stabbing the ninja, the x-23 diorama and the one where he’s being held down by chains by the ninjas in the brown costume. Very very tempting

The best two Mags has to be XM Mags and Daniel Bels Custom Mags. Until SS releases theirs. It’s the same story with Wolverine. Some of them sculpts are so huge they look like bodybuilders! Even though these pieces can sometimes look nice. They don’t inspire me to buy them. The comic accuracy is important in most cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the OG XM Mags and love it. If sideshow would've released that custom Bel Mags, I'd have been all over it. It's a phenomenal looking classic Mags.

I have the OG XM Mags and love it. If sideshow would've released that custom Bel Mags, I'd have been all over it. It's a phenomenal looking classic Mags.

XM Mags is one of the best statues ever made no doubt but it doesn’t show off his powers which is why you need at least another Mags in 1/4 as an action pose. I like the custom Bel Mags but I think it’s slightly overrated. I would buy it no doubt if Sideshow or XM released it because I’m a big Magneto fan but I think XMs White Magneto shows off his powers quite well and is pretty damn awesome. If he wasn’t in his white costume, he would be getting a ton more attention.

XM Mags is one of the best statues ever made no doubt but it doesn’t show off his powers which is why you need at least another Mags in 1/4 as an action pose. I like the custom Bel Mags but I think it’s slightly overrated. I would buy it no doubt if Sideshow or XM released it because I’m a big Magneto fan but I think XMs White Magneto shows off his powers quite well and is pretty damn awesome. If he wasn’t in his white costume, he would be getting a ton more attention.

Quite agree! That's why I'm still on the look out for that awesome action pose 1/4 scale Mags statue.

I'm content with my XM Mags for now ...but I did wish SSC would release that Bel custom Mags. That would've been it for me. If the XM White Mags had been in his classic red and purple costume, then that would've been a great alternate.

I'm a HUGE fan of the custom Bel Mags. If sideshow would've released it, I'd be done. That'd be all the classic Mags I need. The white XM certainly looks fantastic. I'm just a stickler for his classic colors.

I was not a fan of that Bel style sculpts. But it would be good probably better than the current one. I have no idea why the ss art department went for mags in this direction. Its not Harbottle but the ss art department he has to do as they say. Please let master do another mags as he wishes. I bet it would be the best mags ever created just like the Deadpool. Let the master do his work ss! free him and the magic and fans will be so happy!

So it's been awhile since I've ordered anything new from Sideshow. The measurements on this are 16x14 wide and deep including the hand and base pieces coming off it? Or just the bottom of the base?

I’m gonna order this with RP. I picked up an awesome display prop to go beside it.
2481bf82470c1b0e123814879a6ce14e.jpg

Is it just me or are the manipulated metal effects at the edge and back of the base not as impactful as they were on the prototype? Even when the cape wasn't obscuring the effects as they were in that out of the box video.

Is it just me or are the manipulated metal effects at the edge and back of the base not as impactful as they were on the prototype? Even when the cape wasn't obscuring the effects as they were in that out of the box video.

I really thought the base on the original prototype was far better than the one we got with the spikes. I don't know why they changed it. No one was complaining about the base. It was the figure that most people had a problem with.

Back