Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like its ok if it was 299.99 to 350.00. The statue can be done so much better and look much more imposing.This reminds me of marvels early simple art work style and not over the top modern 90s art style.

This will be the first Sideshow X-Men PF (maquette..) im going to pass on. Sideshow can keep their interpretations to themselves. It all started with goggles on the Green Goblin PF. Give me comic book accurate statues any day.

This will be the first Sideshow X-Men PF (maquette..) im going to pass on. Sideshow can keep their interpretations to themselves. It all started with goggles on the Green Goblin PF. Give me comic book accurate statues any day.

Unfortunately, those days appear to be over. Sideshowified costumes are the future. It's been established in the DC PF line since the release of Deathstroker and Thanos seems to have kicked off the sideshowified Marvel PFs (even though it's technically a MAQ). Comic accurate is no longer in sideshow's vocabulary. Igo and the powers that be over at sideshow have made certain of it.

Still can’t believe they calling this a Maquette lol. It’s a PF and nothing more. It does look good. That alternate head is a let down. I really like the base. The body should have been bigger in size to warrant it a Maquette. Shame really. But congrats to all getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can’t believe they calling this a Maquette lol. It’s a PF and nothing more. It does look good. That alternate head is a let down. I really like the base. The body should have been bigger in size to warrant it a Maquette. Shame really. But congrats to all getting it.

Recently I don't think the term Maquette has really meant anything. I used to believe that it referred to original pieces made by studio houses for movie references etc. But nowadays it can mean anything.

That whole series of event that led to switching the label to a maquette was a disaster. SSC should've refrained from doing it.

That whole series of event that led to switching the label to a maquette was a disaster. SSC should've refrained from doing it.

A statue like the Stan Winston Studio Predator, or a Legacy Effects Iron Man should be a maquette if it's sourced from the studio.
A Predator that Sideshow makes in house and ****s up royally, or a comic statue like this should be a PF.
I see it as a con and a wank personally.

Recently I don't think the term Maquette has really meant anything. I used to believe that it referred to original pieces made by studio houses for movie references etc. But nowadays it can mean anything.

They said in the Sideshow live for this that maquette just refers to the detail and complication of the piece. A simpler statue is just a premium format. :dunno

They said Deapool heat seeker probably should have been labeled a maquette rather than a PF.

They said in the Sideshow live for this that maquette just refers to the detail and complication of the piece. A simpler statue is just a premium format. :dunno

They said Deapool heat seeker probably should have been labeled a maquette rather than a PF.

No need for label... The price speaks for itself

Agree with those posting about the Maquette being a direct source from a studio...in the late 80's and early 90's the company I worked for sold Disney Maquettes and they were reproductions of the exact sculpt used by the animators for source material for the characters...I own a Beast one from Beauty and the Beast..had some others that I sold off over the years.

Some info for any interested

"One of the many reasons that Beauty and Beast continues to live on in the hearts of generations of Disney fans is its incredibly realized characters. We all know that writers, actors, and animators played pivotal roles in bringing these characters to life; less well-known are the contributions of former Disney animation artist and sculptor Rubén Procopio, whose maquettes—small-scale reference statues—of Beast, Belle, Gaston, and LeFou, helped animators visualize characters in three dimensions and from every possible angle. As Procopio said about the making of Beauty and the Beast in an August 29, 2007, interview with the Burbank Leader, “Our media was 2D, but we have to think in 3D and draw as if this character were alive on paper.” Procopio eventually left Disney to form his own animation studio in 2003.

His impeccably nuanced maquettes, which measure between four and 20 inches high, were made first from polyform—or “sculpy” in sculptors’ parlance—and then cast in polyurethane using silicone molds."

the back-and-forth discussion between the two of them was one of the most amusing things ever. they stumbled through their words trying to explain something that was nothing but bs of the highest order.

Hope we will get another more modern magneto to come in the future. Till then I'm keeping my xm Mags. The Sosa custom Jim lee head sculpt is still my favorite so far. It's pure lee art!

Back