Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope we will get another more modern magneto to come in the future. Till then I'm keeping my xm Mags. The Sosa custom Jim lee head sculpt is still my favorite so far. It's pure lee art!

This is a more modern Magneto. They need to release a classic Byrne or Lee Mags in the future. IMO, they should have had this PF be a Byrne or Lee Mags. Then they could sideshowifiy the next Mags they do and no one would care.

This is a more modern Magneto. They need to release a classic Byrne or Lee Mags in the future. IMO, they should have had this PF be a Byrne or Lee Mags. Then they could sideshowifiy the next Mags they do and no one would care.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Sideshow has released classic pieces on most of the pieces now being Sideshowified, and people are still complaining. That the pose on the classic one wasn't to their liking, or that they disliked the mixed media, or that the classic was released too long ago and now costs too much money in the aftermarket, or that Sideshow should complete lines rather than even make these so called made up pieces.

People will always care if they aren't getting what they 'want'.

Well there should be a side benefit for those that dislike any particular piece. By saving time by not visiting disliked threads and of course your hard earned money.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Sideshow has released classic pieces on most of the pieces now being Sideshowified, and people are still complaining. That the pose on the classic one wasn't to their liking, or that they disliked the mixed media, or that the classic was released too long ago and now costs too much money in the aftermarket, or that Sideshow should complete lines rather than even make these so called made up pieces.

Well there should be a side benefit for those that dislike any particular piece. By saving time by not visiting disliked threads and of course your hard earned money.

Look, if done right, the classics will ALWAYS sell and be in demand. Always! Put the new Mags, Cap, Black Widow, Batman, Superman, and Daredevil in their classic costumes and watch sales increase. I can't imagine many collectors passing on those PFs in their classic costumes. Even the peeps that already POd the sideshowified versions. Modern or classic costumes aren't the issue. The issue is sideshow insists on their very own costumes that don't exist at all in comics. That's what is rubbing so many people the wrong way. Most characters have a modern comic costume. There's no need for sideshow to just make shyte up. Use the Marvel Now, New 52, or Rebirth costumes if sideshow wants to change things up. It's the made up sideshowified crap that gets on my last nerve and seems to be the basis of most complaints.

Look, if done right, the classics will ALWAYS sell and be in demand. Always! Put the new Mags, Cap, Black Widow, Batman, Superman, and Daredevil in their classic costumes and watch sales increase. I can't imagine many collectors passing on those PFs in their classic costumes. Even the peeps that already POd the sideshowified versions. Modern or classic costumes aren't the issue. The issue is sideshow insists on their very own costumes that don't exist at all in comics. That's what is rubbing so many people the wrong way. Most characters have a modern comic costume. There's no need for sideshow to just make shyte up. Use the Marvel Now, New 52, or Rebirth costumes if sideshow wants to change things up. It's the made up sideshowified crap that gets on my last nerve and seems to be the basis of most complaints.

Yes I know.

You originally said that no one would care about a Sideshowified Mags as long as they do a classic one first, and that's what I was disagreeing with as you just made my point in your next comment that Sideshowified will almost always bring complaints.

It’s a very interesting topic this classic vs modern. Sideshow have done a lot of classic stuff in the past. But I’m all for the modern stuff also. I just don’t understand when the modern stuff like Batman looks like it’s from a video game. On the other hand I do like the new Cap and New DareDevil. I just think Sideshow just want to do a lot of unique things. Whoever asked for the Alien King?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a very interesting topic this classic vs modern. Sideshow have done a lot of classic stuff in the past. But I’m all for the modern stuff also. I just don’t understand when the modern stuff like Batman looks like it’s from a video game. On the other hand I do like the new Cap and New DareDevil. I just think Sideshow just want to do a lot of unique things. Whoever asked for the Alien King?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that Sideshow think of themselves as an Arthouse first and a collectable company second. With the second part helping them finance the first.

Yes I know.

You originally said that no one would care about a Sideshowified Mags as long as they do a classic one first, and that's what I was disagreeing with as you just made my point in your next comment that Sideshowified will almost always bring complaints.

True, but these crappy sideshowified PFs would be much easier to stomach if a kick ass classic version is released first. For example, no one is going to care if sideshow releases a sideshowified Lobo PF because the 1st one was pretty much universally praised. If 7 to 10 years down the line collectors say they missed out and want another classic PF made, then sideshow should release one if the demand is there. I've been saying all along that super popular characters (like Bats, Supes, Spidey, and Cap) should be revisited in classic form every 5 to 7 years or so. If sideshow did that, these sideshowified PFs would face less criticism because collectors would know their patience would pay off.

They can do unique things when the job is done

I agree. I'v collected for year and I personally like a little variety. SS has made a lot of classic pieces. If anything I think SS is trying to expand their market. Not everyone wants 70's version costumes. Personally, I like the characters and am not attached to era.

I agree. I'v collected for year and I personally like a little variety. SS has made a lot of classic pieces. If anything I think SS is trying to expand their market. Not everyone wants 70's version costumes. Personally, I like the characters and am not attached to era.

Problem is, the generation of collector that has the most money to spend on statues, come from that era

Problem is, the generation of collector that has the most money to spend on statues, come from that era

true but is it possible that generation already has a full collection. A room full of statues and can only add 1 or 2 here or there. The older gen has buying power but they may not be wielding it.

true but is it possible that generation already has a full collection. A room full of statues and can only add 1 or 2 here or there. The older gen has buying power but they may not be wielding it.
^^this description fits me. At this point in my collection, I am done with 1/4th. It isn't a money thing thing for me. It is that I have pretty much all of the A list characters that I want, I don't need duplicates or repaints (although selling my XM Phoenix was not easy), and I have 'lost faith' in Sideshow's ability to deliver consistent quality. I have the Magneto EX and the IS Punisher on preorder and I will probably continue to buy the original trilogy Hot Toys Star Wars.

The only 1/4th I could see myself buying in the future would be a new Jim Lee Cyclops, a Byrne Cyclops (which will probably never happen), or a quality classic Predator.

My main issue with this statue is the bulky belt, and the unmasked portrait is a little underwhelming. However I went ahead and POed the EX because it comes with the unmasked portrait and I don't want to end up regretting down the road. It's cheaper than the customs and I have the XM already. At worst case, the EX will likely hold its value.

My main issue with this statue is the bulky belt, and the unmasked portrait is a little underwhelming. However I went ahead and POed the EX because it comes with the unmasked portrait and I don't want to end up regretting down the road. It's cheaper than the customs and I have the XM already. At worst case, the EX will likely hold its value.

I wish I could get over the fabric cape and the ******** about it being re-labeled a maquette with a $180+ extra price tag. I hate the EX head, but the statue looks awesome with the regular helmeted portrait. I just hate the cape - so much.

But, it truly does look better than most custom pieces I've seen. UGH, people keep posting pics on Facebook of his hideous MvC Magneto that looks like his ball sack is as large as his head, and he looks about 30lbs overweight. It's so bad.

I wish I could get over the fabric cape and the ******** about it being re-labeled a maquette with a $180+ extra price tag. I hate the EX head, but the statue looks awesome with the regular helmeted portrait. I just hate the cape - so much.

But, it truly does look better than most custom pieces I've seen. UGH, people keep posting pics on Facebook of his hideous MvC Magneto that looks like his ball sack is as large as his head, and he looks about 30lbs overweight. It's so bad.

Hahahahahahahahahah

I hate that MvC Magneto. I’m tired of seeing if myself. I don’t understand the hype around MvC statues. I’ve seen Wolverine MvC customs as well and they are terrible. I don’t want my superhero’s even more jacked than they already are. It looks even less unrealistic and nothing is proportioned correct.

Back