Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really trying to see if I could justify the price given that the Venom P1 is $900 and this looks pretty dynamic as well

You can't. The Venom piece (IMO) is SO much more commanding and you get SO MUCH more bang for your buck. Obviously, some will disagree with me and I'm not trying to **** on this piece. It looks good (despite me not being crazy about the price.) But I think when you look at the two and compare costs - the extra money is money well spent.

I have no idea anymore why things get labeled the way they do. I used to get - but I don't anymore. :lol

It pretty much seems like if you slap on the maquette name expect to pay a few extra hundred bucks - but I don't really see why this wasn't called a PF either, especially when you bring up pieces like DP....which I could argue was a maquette. :lol

They had mentioned Harbottle did another head, maybe more as well, he described one as less hair on the side, more on head, short. I wonder why they didn't include more switch-outs for the price.

They had mentioned Harbottle did another head, maybe more as well, he described one as less hair on the side, more on head, short. I wonder why they didn't include more switch-outs for the price.

I'm wondering if they throw it in, if enough people complain about the price or if sales are what they were hoping. It's wishful thinking on my part.

Thinking back now, it might've just been a digital sculpt or something from designs and they ended up deciding on the current one. They usually just have two different heads anyhow but it would be cool if they went the P1 route and gave us various ones, even another helmeted one with a different expression or bearded look perhaps, but it is what it is. I think i lot of people are interested in him in the Facebook and Youtube viewers group so it'll probably still sell. I wonder though if it will be a quick sellout or if it will be around for a while like some EX statues, even though it's their first and only Magneto statue.

I absolutely love the statue. Yes, the price sucks, but I am even more convinced to preorder day 1 after watching Sideshow Live today. Igo actually talks a bit about the price in the video.

...it's their first and only Magneto statue.
They made a horrible comiquette back in 2006: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=71751

The exclusive ought to at least include a loose helmet to display like Wolverine got the mask on the back of his neck.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

I absolutely love the statue. Yes, the price sucks, but I am even more convinced to preorder day 1 after watching Sideshow Live today. Igo actually talks a bit about the price in the video.

They made a horrible comiquette back in 2006: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=71751

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

I'm happy for you, bro. :rock

I like the displayed helmet idea as well. That would be a nice touch.

PS. I kinda like the old comiquette from way back when. :lol

Hasbro is releasing a 3 foot Sentinel for their Marvel Legend line

It looks like the Sentinel head is similar to Sideshow's Maquette design

DOFP.jpg

I'm buying an army of these... especially if they stay below $200

Hasbro is releasing a 3 foot Sentinel for their Marvel Legend line

It looks like the Sentinel head is similar to Sideshow's Maquette design

DOFP.jpg

I'm buying an army of these... especially if they stay below $200

Okay, this is just bad***. This will be taller than Sideshow's, no?

I'm happy for you, bro. :rock

I like the displayed helmet idea as well. That would be a nice touch.

PS. I kinda like the old comiquette from way back when. :lol
Thanks man. It is kind of odd, but I feel like it is an end to a collecting era for me. After Mags, I can't think of any other comic characters that I must have (again, Byrne Cyclops PF would be my holy grail). I see me only buying HT Star Wars or a quality 1/4 Predator/Alien from this point forward.
Ugh, that old comiquette...:monkey4

During Sideshow live it was mentioned that an XMen video will be popping up soon introducing new XMen PFs in the pipeline

Here’s hoping for a

Colossus
Kitty
Iceman
Storm
Cyclops

Beast / Nightcrawler / Juggernaut

Was worried the Ex was gonna be limited like the Thanos. Jumped on it immediately and didn't need too. This will be months before they announce the size of the Ex. Will probably be a 1000 or so judging by how popular this one will probably be.

Back