Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

okp66FD.gif

Hey, can't force myself to like it :).

I appreciate the sculpt detail and the craftsmanship, but I don't like the pose, at all.

To each their own - I don't care much for Bel's Magneto (and I'm a fan of his work - just got XM's Iron Fist). Now Franco Carlesimo's, that's a stunner and I wish I knew about it and could have ordered it.

I'll probably get this and the Wolvie companion, pending tweaks. Not sure I want to spend the 3k+ on an XM Magneto at this point (or for a custom)...already dropped a ton for Cable just now.

I got that thing offered in a trade and I turned it it down :lol

To each their own - I don't care much for Bel's Magneto (and I'm a fan of his work - just got XM's Iron Fist). Now Franco Carlesimo's, that's a stunner and I wish I knew about it and could have ordered it.

I'll probably get this and the Wolvie companion, pending tweaks. Not sure I want to spend the 3k+ on an XM Magneto at this point (or for a custom)...already dropped a ton for Cable just now.

I'm the exact opposite. I love Bel's Magneto much more. The pose works perfectly for me and the concentration camp setting gives the piece so much meaning IMO. But hey, we like what we like. Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Agree, I don't love his Magneto, but his 1/4 Punisher is incredible. Missed out on that one :(

That Punisher looks fantastic. His Nightcrawler and Wolverine look pretty good as well. He's a talented sculptor.

I'm the exact opposite. I love Bel's Magneto much more. The pose works perfectly for me and the concentration camp setting gives the piece so much meaning IMO. But hey, we like what we like. Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Indeed. I think the crappy thing is that 2 of the better statues (Bel and Carlesimo - and countless more) are all customs, and $$$. I could probably swing the Franco one if I could find it, but finding it is troublesome enough.

Indeed. I think the crappy thing is that 2 of the better statues (Bel and Carlesimo - and countless more) are all customs, and $$$. I could probably swing the Franco one if I could find it, but finding it is troublesome enough.

Well, I hope you find a Mags statue to your liking. I got lucky and nailed down the OG XM Mags at retail so the sting of the way the PF turned out hurts a little less.

I was blow away 3 times when it came to Magneto statues. The 1/6 Koto, the OG XM, and the Daniel Bel Mags all had me excited as hell as soon as I laid eyes on them. I had the opposite reaction when I saw the Mags and Deathstroker PFs.

I will have to agree 100 percent with you on this one. They really should have went a different way with the Magneto, I thought they were going to pull off another masterpiece like Thanos. Especially considering the fact that one of the first clues was one of the days they were showing Thanos, that helmet on the table do you recall? I had been excited for this piece since then, unfortunately they did it again. Cmon SS just one good Magneto 1/4 SCALE that's all we ask for.

I will have to agree 100 percent with you on this one. They really should have went a different way with the Magneto, I thought they were going to pull off another masterpiece like Thanos. Especially considering the fact that one of the first clues was one of the days they were showing Thanos, that helmet on the table do you recall? I had been excited for this piece since then, unfortunately they did it again. Cmon SS just one good Magneto 1/4 SCALE that's all we ask for.

It all boils down to art direction. After waiting a decade for a Magneto PF, sideshow decided to give us a PF of Magneto that has never been seen in comics before. They did the same thing with their Deathstroke PF. IMO, sideshow should've just given us a classic take on both characters. I'm pretty sure that's what collectors want. I know I do. I wouldn't care if sideshow offered this Magneto or Deathstroke PF if we already had a classic PF of those characters. Give us the CLASSICS and then it's fair game after that if sideshow wants to experiment or take large liberties with characters.

For anyone interested, here was SSAlex's response to my question on what is being looked at in terms of tweaks:

"I know the collar, some of the paint, and cape flow were all being looked at for tweaking. What will actually be done and how it will turn out is unknown to me at this time. I won't know the final look for that piece until it's presented as totally finished. "

For anyone interested, here was SSAlex's response to my question on what is being looked at in terms of tweaks:

"I know the collar, some of the paint, and cape flow were all being looked at for tweaking. What will actually be done and how it will turn out is unknown to me at this time. I won't know the final look for that piece until it's presented as totally finished. "

Interesting comment on the paint. So the sculpt isn't going to be revisited (not surprising since that's more than a "tweak"). But additional shading on the paint would bring out the musculature in the suit IMO. Hope that's in the works.

Hopefully they give the helmet a more metallic type finish.

Hopefully we see the finish tweak before open PO

It's going to need a lot more than tweeks to save this. Magneto needs a full blown resculpt.

Back