Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Got a chance to see Mags today in person and he's a no go for me. The dislikes i have with him greatly outweigh the likes.

Thanks for the input. So hyped that SS making Magneto, but now it's gone

At least you have XM's Version 2.0 coming.

Sideshow's version I still think is good, but I think the bar is so high nowadays, it's hard to keep up. BUT if the price is right, this could be a ridiculously popular piece.

And realistically, it's Sideshow. This will still sell out. :lecture

At least you have XM's Version 2.0 coming.

Sideshow's version I still think is good, but I think the bar is so high nowadays, it's hard to keep up. BUT if the price is right, this could be a ridiculously popular piece.

And realistically, it's Sideshow. This will still sell out. :lecture

Will the XM pre-order be available when XM goes global? Or is the global pre-order only for their new DC line?

Re: Magneto - Premium Format

So the body is floating, as well as the shoulder pad? XD
---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

Nevermind the ES, nevermind the cost, I for one have to say I do like the direction of SS Magneto. Magneto being beefy is not something that I don't care for this character. The anatomy, definition, pose and classic but yet a modern realistic take are just right for this piece. IMO, the paint scheme could be improved.

Last edited:

Well this one was a bit of a letdown, especially after SS knocked Thanos out of the park. While I have the XM I was so hoping to see SS meet or exceed it. I wanted to add an action pose Magneto to the collection. Basing it on something along the lines of the iconic Jim Lee art that Koto used seemed almost a no brainer. Sideshow tends to be pretty tone deaf when it comes to collector reaction, so while they may do a minor tweaks based on some of the comments, I don't see them doing a major rework or scrapping and starting over. I'll see what happens in the coming months, but will probably start looking into some of the customs.

ej8mt5.jpg

This is fantastic. Is it available somewhere? I'd love to get one unpainted.

Last edited:

I took this picture from an earlier post
e51d5220920d0c43c5ccc5a2aa00062b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So the body is floating, as well as the shoulder pad? XD
---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

Yes. I have pictures of the gap on my phone but can't post them at the moment. Granted this is a proto and it might get cleaned up for production, but if it doesn't then yikes.

I do have this custom Bel piece coming this week. While this is more comic book style, I like SS for their take on comic and realistic perspective.

If you are getting this piece you are one lucky man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I had a fair share of SS statues with QC issues and misses on design and concept. But this time, I will give SS the benefit of the doubt and I'm confident this Magneto PF will exceed almost everyone's expectation.

It bloody best be lol. Practically everyone is counting on this one. I also expect sideshow's exclusive to break the net lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ES of around 8000, price point of $699.00, EX would be $749.00. SSC collectible fans will be falling over themselves trying to get their hands on this like Thanos.

High high expectation for this guy

Sweet ... looks like classic Magneto ( I hope ) .

One more day

This is goiing to. . . Rule

Man, this thread is going to explode soon.

:lol :clap

The Daniel Bel Magneto is absolutely amazing. It's everything sideshow wishes their Magneto would be. IMO, the Bel Magneto or the OG XM Magneto is the way to go if you want a 1/4 Mags in your collection. This Mags PF is the Deathstroker disaster all over again. Sideshow has lost me. My 2nd favorite DC villain and my very favorite Marvel villain look completely underwhelming as sideshow PFs. I feel as if the art direction has gone off the deep end at sideshow and I'm ready to abandon ship. They've lost me. It almost feels like sideshow has become Marvel comics. Crazy costumes and no respect for the classic material that is the foundation of the characters I have cared about through the years. Sideshow may as well be Marvel Now. I will no longer support any company that doesn't give us a classic take on the characters we know and love. I don't mind some liberties being taken with costumes but this goes way too far off course for me to enjoy. Sideshow seems to be making this shyte up as they go along. I'm not spending a dime of my money to support this.

Tell us how you really feel! :lol. It amazes me what you guys like and dislike. You hate this but love the "classic" Rhino with the tiny head or all the roided-out Hulks with the ridiculous proportions or the many crappy Spider-man statues they have done that make him look like a creepy villain. The inconsistencies...

Did they say what the exc is?

Back