Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seeing this everyday...I have to say I actually now think I prefer this to the XMen grail Magneto...I smile every day that I walk into my office and see it.

seeing this everyday...I have to say I actually now think I prefer this to the XMen grail Magneto...I smile every day that I walk into my office and see it.

After sideshow tweaked this piece and made their changes from the prototype, I think it turned out very well. It's a solid looking statue. If they would've released it in his classic costume, I would've been all over it. However, I own the XM Mags and absolutely love it. It has a modern costume on it and I didn't want or need 2 modern takes on the character. If I didn't already own the XM Mags, I would've certainly POd this MAQ. As it stands, I'm still waiting on a classic 1/4 Lee/Byrne styled Mags. I can see why you're enjoying the MAQ though. It's a good looking statue.

After sideshow tweaked this piece and made their changes from the prototype, I think it turned out very well. It's a solid looking statue. If they would've released it in his classic costume, I would've been all over it. However, I own the XM Mags and absolutely love it. It has a modern costume on it and I didn't want or need 2 modern takes on the character. If I didn't already own the XM Mags, I would've certainly POd this MAQ. As it stands, I'm still waiting on a classic 1/4 Lee/Byrne styled Mags. I can see why you're enjoying the MAQ though. It's a good looking statue.

If I had the XM one I would have skipped this for sure. Costumes do not bother me as long as I can identify the character...I am not one hung up on comic accurate for statues and I do not collect movie based ones. I 100% get why people are into eras and comic correct statues...I like my Conan by Frazetta and Boris...

If I had the XM one I would have skipped this for sure. Costumes do not bother me as long as I can identify the character...I am not one hung up on comic accurate for statues and I do not collect movie based ones. I 100% get why people are into eras and comic correct statues...I like my Conan by Frazetta and Boris...

I understand exactly where you are coming from. No way I'd pay aftermarket prices for the OG XM Mags if I missed out on it. I definitely would have bought the Sideshow Mags if that happened. That said, Magneto is my all time favorite villain and my favorite Magneto statue would have him in his classic costume. That's why I'm such a big fan of the 1/4 custom Bel Magneto and the 1/6 Sosa Koto Mags. Those are some of my favorite Magneto sculpts. All that said, I think the MAQ turned out really good.

I'm debating on waiting for a more classic costume as well, do you think Sideshow or Prime 1 would make one or will this be the closest version? (I'm priced out of XM and they're probably done after making 2 Magnetos)

I'm debating on waiting for a more classic costume as well, do you think Sideshow or Prime 1 would make one or will this be the closest version? (I'm priced out of XM and they're probably done after making 2 Magnetos)

Prime 1 Mags ain't happening. Your choices are the two XM, the new 1/3 they're collaborating on, the Sideshow or finding a custom that isn't a) really expensive or b) ugly as hell.

Prime 1 Mags ain't happening. Your choices are the two XM, the new 1/3 they're collaborating on, the Sideshow or finding a custom that isn't a) really expensive or b) ugly as hell.

I have to agree with Northern. Unless someone does a great looking custom piece, the chances of getting a classic Mags from sideshow doesn't look all that great. I'm in the same boat with a 1/4 classic Deathstroke. Since sideshow refused to release a classic Perez Deathstroke PF, I'm stuck hoping and praying one gets released eventually. Unless sideshow decides to suddenly change art directors and go back to releasing classic pieces, I'd say we are both shyte out of luck.

P1 only interested making 1/2 and 1/3 scale... Once in the blue moon, they would make 1/4.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

P1 only interested making 1/2 and 1/3 scale... Once in the blue moon, they would make 1/4.

But, more importantly they don't own the Marvel license. The three pieces they made (Venom, Anti-Venom and Spidey 2099) were all in collaboration with Sideshow and using their license to produce these pieces.

But, more importantly they don't own the Marvel license. The three pieces they made (Venom, Anti-Venom and Spidey 2099) were all in collaboration with Sideshow and using their license to produce these pieces.

Exactly! Sideshow controls the 1/4 game in North America and it looks like they kicked P1 and their 1/4 Marvel statues to the curb. There haven't been any 1/4 P1 Marvel pieces in a long time.

So it goes back to SS.... In that case it's less likely you will see P1 1/4 Mag.

Probably because P1 was out selling them :lol

Either way, sideshow would be cannibalizing their own sales by letting P1 sell their 1/4 pieces in North America. I'm sure they realized this and that's why they shut them down. Why share profits when you have a monopoly in NA? Did they already pull the 1/4 DC license yet? If not, I can see that coming soon as well.

Either way, sideshow would be cannibalizing their own sales by letting P1 sell their 1/4 pieces in North America. I'm sure they realized this and that's why they shut them down. Why share profits when you have a monopoly in NA? Did they already pull the 1/4 DC license yet? If not, I can see that coming soon as well.

Why do they let Iron Studios do it though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll happen once Sideshow decides to start doing the same versions of Batman P1 has done and Iron Studios gets better at what they do

Why do they let Iron Studios do it though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Studios is a small player in the 1/4 game. If sideshow ever feels threatened by IS, they can simply pull the plug on them as well. Sideshow has all the control in NA. No one sells here unless sideshow allows it.

Back