Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbts just took my payment.Been anxiously awaiting. Cant wait. And the prices on ebay is getting stupid high

bbts just took my payment.Been anxiously awaiting. Cant wait. And the prices on ebay is getting stupid high

I feel like they'll settle down since he was just released. Mafex will probably do another run like they've done with other figures. There's no movie supporting this so it can be always in production. That's kind of what Revo does, they just do more and more runs because why not make more money?

I should have mine by Friday. Nin Nin still has him in stock, he’s a bit more than original retail but no eBay prices

Last edited:
Received Spidey today from BBTS! I must say, this is the most articulated figure I’ve ever owned. His scale perfectly matches Marvel Legends figures. I’m super impressed! This is the best 6 inch Spider-Man I’ve ever seen! He’s almost a perfect representation of Todd Macfarlane’s Spider-Man (which is exactly why I was willing to shell out a Benjamin for him). The only improvement I would make would be to alter the symbol on his chest to better match Macfarlane’s (larger, with oblong ovals for the body and wide “feet” at the end of the legs). The blue used for the suit could also be a little darker.
f05734e31f8f08b5b762755e2e596cae.jpg

Received Spidey today from BBTS! I must say, this is the most articulated figure I’ve ever owned. His scale perfectly matches Marvel Legends figures. I’m super impressed! This is the best 6 inch Spider-Man I’ve ever seen! He’s almost a perfect representation of Todd Macfarlane’s Spider-Man (which is exactly why I was willing to shell out a Benjamin for him). The only improvement I would make would be to alter the symbol on his chest to better match Macfarlane’s (larger, with oblong ovals for the body and wide “feet” at the end of the legs). The blue used for the suit could also be a little darker.
f05734e31f8f08b5b762755e2e596cae.jpg

It's not mcfarlane style at all, really. More like one of the '90s guys. They should have shrunk this one down and it would have been perfect(head, not the awful body lol)

spider.jpg

It's not mcfarlane style at all, really. More like one of the '90s guys. They should have shrunk this one down and it would have been perfect(head, not the awful body lol)

View attachment 447675

I own this one, spot on this was when I think about it..you’re right, ironically same company as well. I second about that body..trash,but everything else pretty close. The colors a little off IMO and the clothing was a bit on a basic level IMO but ...yeah they could of used this as the blueprint of the mafex but the mafex is still uniquely amazing and still worth owning

Just got the figure. It looks great, hands are too dainty. Not worth that bloated price by any stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own this one, spot on this was when I think about it..you’re right, ironically same company as well. I second about that body..trash,but everything else pretty close. The colors a little off IMO and the clothing was a bit on a basic level IMO but ...yeah they could of used this as the blueprint of the mafex but the mafex is still uniquely amazing and still worth owning

They should do a 2.0 on that old figure. Oh, don't get me wrong, this is a nice figure. I just got mine. My only complaint is the spider symbol looks like a black blob. Think I'll get some paint and sort of give a few highlights on it to break it up

They should do a 2.0 on that old figure. Oh, don't get me wrong, this is a nice figure. I just got mine. My only complaint is the spider symbol looks like a black blob. Think I'll get some paint and sort of give a few highlights on it to break it up

You know now that I think about the medicom 1/6 , I think they dropped the line. I really haven’t seen anything in terms of a medicom 12” line of any license since Mafex started.

I think the last 1/6 superhero from Medicom was the Batman “ Hush “ line and maybe some odd video game characters here and there , but really nothing since Mafex started if I recall.

I like your paint highlight idea, I have a spare Mafex comic Spidey, maybe I’ll try that

Last edited:
You know now that I think about the medicom 1/6 , I think they dropped the line. I really haven’t seen anything in terms of a medicom 12” line of any license since Mafex started.

I think the last 1/6 superhero from Medicom was the Batman “ Hush “ line and maybe some odd video game characters here and there , but really nothing since Mafex started if I recall.

I like your paint highlight idea, I have a spare Mafex comic Spidey, maybe I’ll try that

Cool pic. I plan on getting the mafex venom to go with this guy. Would be cool if someone could cast that 1/6 and shrink down. I have a cast of the toy biz mcfarlanish one, but I think it's too small

Cool pic. I plan on getting the mafex venom to go with this guy. Would be cool if someone could cast that 1/6 and shrink down. I have a cast of the toy biz mcfarlanish one, but I think it's too small

Yup the Mafex Venom is going to look so good with this Spidey

Is there an easy way to remove a paint mark from the factory paint? Mine has a big blob on the neck. I swear, I think BBTS picks out all the good paint job items for people who do collector grade, because half my stuff usually has obvious defects like that

[/URL]

They still do 1/6 but their offerings are very limited now. Mostly Kamen Rider (or whatever that's called) figures now and last year saw a new set of Daft Punk figures. They really should have been top dog in the 1/6 arena as they were doing this before Hot Toys ever came along. The QC issues were just too great and they never pushed the envelope. I used to love the RAH line but when HT came in with licenses that pretty much did it for me. Funny but now that I probably have all of the 1/6 scale characters that I could want I'm thinking about moving to 1/12 and Mafex exclusively. Medicom has been killing it with the line.

Last edited:
I can't believe this figure is sold out and going for some cash on ebay. I haven't opened mine, but I am kinda screwed, mine didn't come with the alternate masked head with squinted eyes. In typical Mafex fashion, their QC department dropped the ball. Awesome figure but I really want that other head damn it.

rwhHcfn.jpg

I can't believe this figure is sold out and going for some cash on ebay. I haven't opened mine, but I am kinda screwed, mine didn't come with the alternate masked head with squinted eyes. In typical Mafex fashion, their QC department dropped the ball. Awesome figure but I really want that other head damn it.

rwhHcfn.jpg

Wow never saw that coming . at least it’s not damaged :horror

Back