Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow never saw that coming . at least it’s not damaged :horror

I know, it's a bummer for sure. Not a huge deal, but if I wanted to flip it online this might make it a harder sale now, and if I keep it I gotta hope someone had the reverse problem and wanna trade heads. Since it's sold out everywhere, no way for me to get a replacement. Could be worse, I could be one of the many who didn't get a chance to get this figure at all so I should just be happy.

Hmmmm. I think I might have the same problem on mine. I looked quickly at the faces and thought they were near identical so I never even bothered with the other one. Guess I will be double checking when I get home tonight.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune alucard1138
That sux!

I also had something go wrong...so this hand must have moved in the tray pack and when the top plastic was pressed on, it bent one of the fingers.
hand-IMG-0082.jpg

I'm going to try the heat method, but I fear if I try to bend it back, it will just snap off.
So I guess I might not be able to do any double web shooting poses :dunno not that much a biggie, but still a bummer.

There also was a tiny air bubble on one of the eyes as well but I can live with that.

Still fun figure to pose

That sux!

I also had something go wrong...so this hand must have moved in the tray pack and when the top plastic was pressed on, it bent one of the fingers.
hand-IMG-0082.jpg

I'm going to try the heat method, but I fear if I try to bend it back, it will just snap off.
So I guess I might not be able to do any double web shooting poses :dunno not that much a biggie, but still a bummer.

There also was a tiny air bubble on one of the eyes as well but I can live with that.

Still fun figure to pose

Markecho, that might be a bigger bummer than my issue. Displaying a spidey figure with one web throwing hand, that just isn't right. Warm water may be better in this instance than a hair dryer, might make it less likely to snap the finger off. Mafex QC has gotten better, but kinda not good enough. With this figure being sold out everywhere it doesn't look like we'll be able to get replacement parts.

That sux!

hand-IMG-0082.jpg

Still fun figure to pose

My main problem with the figure is the dainty hands. I've noticed this with all Japanese 1/12 scale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe this figure is sold out and going for some cash on ebay. I haven't opened mine, but I am kinda screwed, mine didn't come with the alternate masked head with squinted eyes. In typical Mafex fashion, their QC department dropped the ball. Awesome figure but I really want that other head damn it.

rwhHcfn.jpg

Ask for a replacement. Also, Mafex rereleases figures.

Markecho, that might be a bigger bummer than my issue. Displaying a spidey figure with one web throwing hand, that just isn't right. Warm water may be better in this instance than a hair dryer, might make it less likely to snap the finger off. Mafex QC has gotten better, but kinda not good enough. With this figure being sold out everywhere it doesn't look like we'll be able to get replacement parts.

yeah I will try the warm water first. but honestly I usually pose Spidey with just one hand web shoot'n (and other hand web swinging or on the ground) so again I was bummed but like you said it's sold out so not much can do.
Funny, cuz I swore off MaFex cuz their QC issues on their 1:6 figures but their 1:12 Marvel line has me hooked back in. and then look what happens on my first 1:12 Mafex Marvel figure!
:lol but really :gah:

My main problem with the figure is the dainty hands. I've noticed this with all Japanese 1/12 scale...

tell me about it. I've only really noticed it on Revo Psylocke and this Spidey - the fingers are so thin!

That sux!

hand-IMG-0082.jpg

Still fun figure to pose

I'd just heat it with a dryer, water might make it too soft that it won't form back

I'd just heat it with a dryer, water might make it too soft that it won't form back

See I thought that might happen with the dryer. Honestly as bent as this is it's like it's a real hand and may need stints on the fingers to hold them in place after heating either with a blow dryer or water.

Ask for a replacement. Also, Mafex rereleases figures.

I am not sure if BBTS can replace this since they're sold out but I may reach out regardless. Yes Mafex does rerelease stuff, since this seems to be a hot seller and they have other figures in this line coming, I could see them rereleasing this. Which I hope they do so I can get a 2nd one to either open or keep boxed, and, I missed the pre-order for the mile morales version that also seems to be pre-sold out and I'd really like that one as well.

See I thought that might happen with the dryer. Honestly as bent as this is it's like it's a real hand and may need stints on the fingers to hold them in place after heating either with a blow dryer or water.

For this type of rubber or plastic, a dryer will heat it just enough that it will be bent back to form without breaking if you're careful, go slow and you should be fine
unless it's split at the bend.

the heated water will make it extremely soft that it will be hard to get it to stay straight.

Drop it into a cup of ice water after adjusting it using warm water. That helps to set it in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn’t that MSRP though?

Nah, I got two from amiami and both individually came in under that. And arrived in a more timely manner as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah, I got two from amiami and both individually came in under that. And arrived in a more timely manner as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok - wasn’t considering overseas retailers. For US, though, the retail price on recent Mafex figures is $95 (Iron Spider and Wolverine)

Ok - wasn’t considering overseas retailers. For US, though, the retail price on recent Mafex figures is $95 (Iron Spider and Wolverine)

At BBTS, yes. 95.00 seems to be the magic number but I've seen pricing all over the place from online shops and comic shops. If the figures aren't being officially distributed in the US by say Diamond for example then resellers can pretty much name their price. A lot of the import releases aren't even supposed to be for sale in the states. My local comic shop had a Mafex Alex Delarge for 120.00. Pretty laughable. To be fair BBTS can't be making a huge profit off of these unless their supplier is cutting them a deal.

Last edited:
good figure, but not worth $90+, just wait for the rerelease in a few months.

mine had slop on it, and I wish the webbing on the suit had been painted on better. glad I only paid 70 for mine

Back