Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from seeing FR a third time and I like it more and more every time I see it! It's not quite there with RR, but it's not far off. My only complaint is not enough of the Interceptor in this one........ To me the car is every bit as much a star of the movies as Max himself!

Hey Max look, Clooney is trying to keep up with your box office!

MadMaxTrailer.gif

Lmao! That's awesome :)

I'm serious though. There are too many hints to suggest that he could be that kid.

"Max" feels out of character. He does his own narration in the beginning of the film, which he never does in previous films. In the second film it was the Feral kid talking and in the third film it was the female villain. Someone is always telling Max's story..not him. And in this film he sounds like he is mimicking the voice from the old Feral kid. Max doesn't sound Australian and he grunts at times, again something that the old Max didn't do, but the Feral kid did. At the beginning of the movie Max/feral says he was looking for righteous cause. The Mel Gibson Max never was looking for a righteous cause, he always got stuck in one but he was dragged into it.When Max eats the lizard, again out of character for someone who is from the old world. Max is bit more civilize, and eating a raw lizard like that is something that the feral kid would do since he grew up in the new world.

Max's new character is a lot more agile and athletic. Max is a driver, not an acrobat. Also, the new "Max" is very possessive of things, which the original Max wasn't because he wasn't materialistic, he lost his car, his dog, weapons, even his Jacket in the third film and he didn't give a ****, but in this new film, that's not the case with his car, boots, and jacket. Then, there's they eye, George Miller is known for his attention to detail, which is why he had Mel Gibson wear a contact lens in Thunderdome, so that his left eye looked dilated, because of the previous injury, and I didn't see that in this film. Also, not same jacket. Looks similar but it is a different jacket. If you look at the stitching on the left arm that attaches to the sleeve it is different stitching. Also he has what looks like medical tubing stuck in his jacket. The blonde woman who took care of him was a medic. Max wears all black and hardy wears a kind of off white long sleeve shirt similar to the rest of the characters in the refinery. The V8 that he uses, again...not the same, but similar. His back story is also different in this film. Why is it different if this film is not a reboot? I also thought it was weird when "Max" said, My name is...Max. That's my name." The way he said it almost sounded like he was giving himself the name of someone he looked up to, because the original feral kid never had a name.

There are several Feral Kid references. The music box, the fact that Max describes himself as a road Warrior, which is a term used only by the Feral kid, also Also Nux uses the word "Feral", to describe Max if I remember correctly in one scene. Tom Hardy's body language is also unique, when they tied the rig to the tree, "Max" runs in a very distinctive way, even when he was capture, he moves more like the feral kid. When Hardy was getting ready for the film, he said in an interview, that he wanted a "feral" physique. Again that word.

When George Miller was originally asked when does the film take place, he said after Thunderdome, and originally Heath Ledger was going to be in the tittle role, and who does he remind you of? Max? Not really, but he could be a grown up feral kid. Who knows? Maybe I'm looking into it a bit too much since I don't like Hardy as Max...and I just want Mel back.

Well the V8 interceptor would be different since it's been blown up. But I do think this is a cool theory. I just think its doubtful.

Back