Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Road Warrior for the first time in quite a few years last night. Still just solid from beginning to end. Lots of great character moments too between Max and Gyro Captain and Max and the kid. Wez is a very, very good villain. I love that look he gives when Max's Interceptor explodes.

I was surprised that the final chase wasn't *quite* as epic for me after a couple viewings of Fury Road, though I will say that him blowing away the guy through the windshield and then of course colliding with Humungus have got to be two of the most satisfying moments in action movie history. :)

So crazy the follow-up to this film was such a traditional family friendly summer movie.

Series rankings for me at this point:

1. Fury Road
2. Mad Max
3. The Road Warrior
4. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

I feel like I get a fuller cinematic experience with FR and MM over RW but as far as just being the "coolest" movie, then RW trumps MM and is neck and neck with FR. One hell of a solid series, yes, even including Thunderdome.

Uh oh, am I the troll now? :lol

I would rank FR, MM, and RW all very close on a scale of 1-10. Those three are true classics. I think the order just comes down to personal preference.

MM series (3 for 4) is up there and probably better than all of these series. :horror

SW
Aliens
Terminator
Predator
Die Hard
Indy
Lethal Weapon
Godfather

MM series (3 for 4) is up there and probably better than all of these series. :horror

SW
Aliens
Terminator
Predator
Die Hard
Indy
Lethal Weapon
Godfather

I know! If you put it against any series that is three (or especially four) movies long, then Max pretty much trumps everything except LOTR. Crazy!

I need to see a doctor after Khev placed RW in the 3rd spot. :lol

You guys are making too big of a deal about that. The series is just *that* strong. Here I'll show you what I'm talking about. Rank these four movies jye: Jaws, Raiders, ESB, and FOTR. Whatever ranking you choose someone will report your for trolling whichever ones end up as #3 and #4. ;)

Series rankings for me at this point:

1. Fury Road
2. Mad Max
3. The Road Warrior
4. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Khev, I don't like calling other mods out, but. . .I feel a responsibility here. You're setting a bad example to the rest of the community by trolling this thread so hard. I'm more disgusted than outraged, though.

I know! If you put it against any series that is three (or especially four) movies long, then Max pretty much trumps everything except LOTR. Crazy!

Yup, I kept LOTR far away from this list for the weight of it would've crushed everything underneath. :lol

You guys are making too big of a deal about that. The series is just *that* strong. Here I'll show you what I'm talking about. Rank these four movies jye: Jaws, Raiders, ESB, and FOTR. Whatever ranking you choose someone will report your for trolling whichever ones end up as #3 and #4. ;)

Raiders is the quintessential perfect movie, it only needs itself.

Same for Jaws but Raiders has much better action and nazis.

ESB, FOTR while also great, require other movies to make them perfect. So they're near perfect. :lol

Khev, I don't like calling other mods out, but. . .I feel a responsibility here. You're setting a bad example to the rest of the community by trolling this thread so hard. I'm more disgusted than outraged, though.

:lol

I understand your strong feelings on the matter but I'm sorry kara, despite your pressuring I just cannot in good conscience bump Thunderdome up to #3. I just can't.

image.jpg

all Kara's fault. :lol

Last edited:
Uh oh, am I the troll now? :lol

I would rank FR, MM, and RW all very close on a scale of 1-10. Those three are true classics. I think the order just comes down to personal preference.

Rank em by the importance of the chase.

FR - Coochie
RR - Guzzoline
MM - Revenge
TD - Master's Knowledge

Back