(M8) 1/6 JAWS License and Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best cinematic scenes I’ve ever watched.

Yep, so powerful because it was also based on a true event. When I said Shaw rewrote the scene I was referring to the Indianapolis part. Milius originally wrote a few paragraphs, Shaw's rewrite was something like 7 pages according to SS.

I would LOVE a proper Jaws set. I'd buy in an instant. Even a Platoon..thought HT did a pretty good job already.
Love that there are some non-superhero characters!

But yea, until they produce something, my hopes are guarded.

The fact that Hot Toys failed to announce, let alone release an Elias was the reason for the "Platoon" line not doing well. This is par for the course for Hot Toys...

If Hot Toys were to release a "Jaws" line, we would get Quint, Brody, no Hooper but Scarlett Johansson as Ellen Brody.

If history is any indicator Molecule 8 will probably put the deluxe Brody, Quint, Hooper 3 pack and the 3 individual figures all up for pre-order on Monday with a promised shipping date of April 30, 2018.

If history is any indicator Molecule 8 will probably put the deluxe Brody, Quint, Hooper 3 pack and the 3 individual figures all up for pre-order on Monday with a promised shipping date of April 30, 2018.

So you’re telling me I could have these in hand before the 50th anniversary?

Molecule 8 being a price of crap aside, I never quite had the urge for jaws figures. I almost want to say it doesn’t make sense.

Now let me prefix by saying it’s one of the most iconic movies of all time. And one of the best. And I love it.

But I never really “got@ how figures would work. The three leads were all great I definitely understand why someone would want quint. That’s the one I’d probably get myself.. The other ones less so but I totally get it as we all want even the most obscure characters from our favorite films. Many far less important than jaws.

What troubles me about it is that you can’t get she shark in any way/shape/form that makes sense. And it’s really about the shark.

It’s why back in the day mcfarlane relased a mini dio and it was cool and I had it but I never loved it. It was not in the format of the characters like my other movie maniacs and they were all so small. And because of what it was I almost wanted it to be more of a play set where you could at least have the whole shark.

I just feel you need the whole shark and any jaws set doesn’t make sense without the shark. But then what are you gonna do with a massive shark it will both be too big and a bit lboring looking in its own right

It’s all this to say that I think jaws is one of those things that doesn’t quite translate into figure form.

The only one I ever saw that made sense was the funko ones. And that’s because they are ment to be retro and ironically bad. So you get all three of the guys and the big shark in a separate box and it is just what it is and fits in with the rest of the funko stuff.

Mighty Q once had a set up consisting of an Orca diorama with the holy trinity hanging out on deck. I remember this because I was seriously considering tracking him down, casing his house, gaining entry (not by breaking in or anything, more gaining entry by being a fast talking, Axel Foley-esque, gobsh##e) and convincing him to let me...err...'borrow' it for a bit, but I chickened out (m**********r may have had 'Mighty' in his name for a damn good reason, for all I know!).

Aside from that, the SCO 1/6 battle Bruce bust is a great representation of the shark and a good enough accompaniment to any potential figures for me to make do with. The three boys on one shelf, with the no body, all gob Great White directly below, (kind of) looking like he's rising up as in the iconic movie poster.

Before we get too excited about this release maybe we should wait for all of the in hand pictures of Lennon that the folks who pre-ordered a year ago and had shipped on Friday post...:rotfl

I asked on one of M8's posts for anyone to say if they actually received a shipping notice. One guy replied and said one other dude got his shipping notice. Just one person from what I have seen and no proof that actually happened. :lol

Hi, this is my last commission work, Quint?s chair and fishing rod from Jaws movie.

00-2.jpg

chair01.jpg

chair04.jpg

chair07.jpg

chair09.jpg

chair013.jpg

instagram.com/shaolindioramas
https://www.facebook.com/Shaolindioramas

Utopia about the rod and reel....all custom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back