M Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trite 'angry at God abandoning/rediscovering faith after your loved one has died' thing doesn't work for me and neither does Mel's mugging for the camera. It's just so boring. All his films, for good or bad, are padded short stories and the payoff and reveal more often than not are either stupid, hackneyed or dull.

What bugged me most was "water is his kryptonite". Oh wait, do I have the right movie? Yeah, it was both of them...

Between Unbreakable, Signs and LitW, he certainly does have an odd "water is magical" obsession. :rolleyes:

I love the first 3 movies he did (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs) but after that he's just been getting worse with each film. Hopefully this movie will get him back on track. Still need to see the series so i know what it's about :eek:

I don't get the SIGNS haters. I think it's his best film and the one that has the most to say.

Ugh....I hate agreeing with Carl. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth :yuck

But, yeah I agree with him here.

One other thing I enjoyed about the film is the way the handle the alien 'invasion'. Not typical over the top Hollywood alien invasion, but the complete opposite. Gave it a kinda realistic feel, which I thought was cool.

It also had some creepy ass music.

:lecture

And that scene where the Alien crashes the birthday party scared that ^^^^ outta me. But know i can't help but think it might have been P!tu (which is even worse) :horror

Without giving any spoilers, did the Avatar series ever end? I saw up and through the Earth Book, and I remember seeing bits of the next season, but I couldn't tell you in the slightest what happened. (Again, not asking for spoilers though. :lol)

Without giving any spoilers, did the Avatar series ever end? I saw up and through the Earth Book, and I remember seeing bits of the next season, but I couldn't tell you in the slightest what happened. (Again, not asking for spoilers though. :lol)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm NOT clicking that spoiler box!!!! :mad: :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl......come on, I know u want to......
gcun17l.jpg

Hey chap. it was rapped up wonderfully. :D I really enjoyed the way they ended this one. I think you would enjoy it. NO LOOSE ENDS :D You gotta check it out. they sell the series at walmart and play the episodes on cartoon network. check out toutube too. you wont be dissapointed.

I am still willing to give a chance to M.'s stuff. If he can do films as good as "Unbreakable", "The Sixth Sense", and "Signs" (I thought all of those movies were very good despite Mel Gibson's mediocre "Signs" performance), he may still have some vision up his sleeve.

Hopefully he has learned to learn from his mistakes.

How "The Happening" got past the screeners is beyond me.

Whenever I hear M Night Shyamalan's name I just turn the other cheek. He's a good director but his movies suck! He peaked with the sixth sense and I think that was his first movie :lol :lol don't even get me started on the village. biggest waste of 2 hrs of my life :lol

How "The Happening" got past the screeners is beyond me.

Think that might be the worst movie I ever saw! I figured out the "twist" in literally the first scene with the wind blowing in the park. He killed a kid for no real reason....and Mark Wahlberg's acting was the WORST acting I have ever seen in a major motion picture! Movie should have been called "the crappening"

The village wasn't quite as bad, but still not good. AND, my wife is a teacher and with her 6th grade class last year read a book written years before "The Village". The premise of the book was a rich guy that bought a piece of land and hired people in the 20th century to live like the 1700's as part of a zoo like exhibit. The new generation on the zoo was never told of what existed on the outside. Then a kid got sick and the rich guy refused to give them medications so a young girl set out on her own...jumps a fence...and finds....civilization! Sound familiar?

Very few people in Hollywood have fallen off as much as this man has. Lets follow his career:

Sixth Sense- AMAZING

Unbreakable, Signs- Decent to above average Sci-fi movies that kept me entertained.

Village- Below average, but this is where the downturn really becomes clear.
(not a good picture by any means).

Lady in the Water- Utter trash, some of the most retarded visuals and story I have ever seen in a big budget movie (not to mention that "i am a living writing messiah bs he pulled). freaking eagles, the guy who worked out only one side of his body, the monkeys... I mean it is almost laughable its so awkward .......

The Happening- Possibly worst movie I have ever seen.

Yup, hes finished. Just one of those guys who peaked at the wrong time in his career. Hes the Kenny Powers of sci-fi.

Last edited:
Back