M Night Shyamalan’s The Last Airbender

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it works for me. Sorry. :huh

I also really connect with the whole "everything happens for a reason" theory, which permeates the entire film, even the title itself. And I also do believe that there are two types of people: those who believe in "signs", the "divine", what-have-you... and the skeptics who don't. And that's what the movie is all about... it just happens to be wrapped within a spookily intimate alien invasion conceit. And since I've also been into the whole aliens/UFO subject matter, I really dig this film.

:duff

yup, none of those things generally speak to me. I do enjoy stories about broken people if not becoming whole at least mending and moving on but this one was just too contrived and didn't ring true for me.

Ugh....I hate agreeing with Carl. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth :yuck

But, yeah I agree with him here.

One other thing I enjoyed about the film is the way the handle the alien 'invasion'. Not typical over the top Hollywood alien invasion, but the complete opposite. Gave it a kinda realistic feel, which I thought was cool.

It also had some creepy ass music.

Dev Patel the only non-white person in the principle cast. I thought this show was Asian influenced? Sorry for my ignorance I'm not familiar with the cartoon.

Exactly. I'd take this more intimate POV of an event like that over something like ID4 any day. :lecture

I agree with you there. But I'll watch Close Encounters or any of the others that do it better instead.

Plus stupid aliens whose weakness is water invading a water based planet with water based life forms? :rolleyes:

I agree with you there. But I'll watch Close Encounters or any of the others that do it better instead.

Plus stupid aliens whose weakness is water invading a water based planet with water based life forms? :rolleyes:

How were they supposed to know the ills of municipal water? :lol

They clearly never read one of teemus posts and the dangers of chloride in water.

Last edited:
Well i guess its a good thing we are all able to have our own opinions...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :eek:

As I pointed out in the episode 1 thread, all films have their fans. rock on with whatever entertains and speaks to you. :duff

They stay away from the water...just as we would stay away from Lava.....

Just because it's there, doesnt mean we go in it.

And if you lived in Iceland it IS everywhere....people live there.

if you're going to invade a planet, maybe skip lava planet or ebola planet or Superman should prolly cruise past Kryptonite planet. :huh At least put on a raincoat or something, sheesh. Like The Wicked Witch of the West. Only thing that could destroy her and she keeps a bucket of it in her castle within arm's reach of her prisoner who already killed her sister?

But analyzing a Shamalyan movie feels weird and kinda wrong. Like watching your dog lick himself.

Back