Lurtz....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I just got an email from Sideshow letting me know that I have just gotten Sideshow Weta's Lurtz 1/6th polystone statue. This is quite a shock as I don't ever remember ordering/placing myself on the waitlist. Is this correct? I am assuming it must be because they have billed me for it. Has anybody else recieved any recent notifications on sold out items?

Check your account, it will be there. I did however receive WL closing emails today .... Lurtz bust, and Saruman statue. :monkey2

yeah... i'm an idiot :monkey2

this was a closing email as well. Bascially saying that the order had been cancelled because there were no more wait list statues available (man, how much you can learn just be reading a whole email, eh?). The problem was that, INSTEAD of reading the whole email, i just clicked the link, which took me to the billing page, and based on that, It looked like they had already billed and shipped it. Ah well. I would have probably cancelled anyway as the 1/4 PF Lurtz is a bajillion times better!!!!

Yep, I got the wait-list axe email for the following so far:

Lurtz bust
Moria Orc Swordsman bust
Saruman the White statue
Elendil Helm
Royal Rohan Guard Helm
Numenorean helm
Gimli's helm

UPDATE: Just received the cancellation for Uruk-Hai Scout Bust as well...

They've been trickling in all afternoon so I'm sure there will be more to come. At least it's providing closure on many pieces.

LOTRFan: Thanks, you burst my bubble of hope for the Theoden statue.

Oh well... I'll just have to hope and pray for lots of 12" figures to make up for all the polystone figures that were never made.

Zoomaround said:
LOTRFan: Thanks, you burst my bubble of hope for the Theoden statue.

Oh well... I'll just have to hope and pray for lots of 12" figures to make up for all the polystone figures that were never made.

Well there may still be some hope for you, I am not sure when I got on the WL, but maybe you were before me. :D

Theoden would be excellent however in the PF, just look at things that way. :monkey5

LOTRFan said:
Well there may still be some hope for you, I am not sure when I got on the WL, but maybe you were before me. :D

Theoden would be excellent however in the PF, just look at things that way. :monkey5

I'm sure a PF Theoden would be excellent but I don't plan on collecting PF LOTR statues. I've run out of room so I'm continuing my LOTR collection with 12" only....(with one exception, the first PF exclusive Lurtz).

I'll have to keep my eye on e-bay in the future in hopes that once the premium format statue is announced, the polystone statue may just go down in price.

I see, and while I don't want to knock you down yet another peg ....

Boromir, Merry and Moria Orc Archer busts are gone. :eek:

But wait there's more ..................

Gimli and the GA are both off now too! :google :google :google

Wait Lists Closed -

* Lurtz Bust
* Moria orc archer Bust
* Uruk-Hai Scout Bust
* Gandalf the White Bust

* Numenorean Infantry Helm
* Helm of Elendil
* Helm of Isildur
* Rohan Royal Guard Helm
* The Orc Hide Helm

* Elrond statue
* Galadhrim Archer statue

I have 6 WL left now which include the Moria orc swordsman and archer statues lol, the rest are also long sold out pieces.

The only one with a remote possibility is the Easterling Helm, but I expect the email for that is probably on its way too.

Link said:
Wait Lists Closed -

* Lurtz Bust
* Moria orc archer Bust
* Uruk-Hai Scout Bust
* Gandalf the White Bust

* Numenorean Infantry Helm
* Helm of Elendil
* Helm of Isildur
* Rohan Royal Guard Helm
* The Orc Hide Helm

* Elrond statue
* Galadhrim Archer statue

I have 6 WL left now which include the Moria orc swordsman and archer statues lol, the rest are also long sold out pieces.

The only one with a remote possibility is the Easterling Helm, but I expect the email for that is probably on its way too.

Link, I just received a 'njet' for the Moria orc swordsman, and the archer.
I was on the Easterling Helm wait list, and it was fulfilled sometime in March this year, so I guess by now, they are all gone... But I still wish you all the luck!

I got closings for the following:

Gimli Statue
Lurtz Statue
Saruman Statue
Theoden Statue
Moria Orc Swordsman Statue
Moria Orc Archer Statue
Watcher in The Water
Lurtz Bust
Gollum as Gollum Statue

This totally and utterly sucks............................good luck and congrats to anyone who got one off the wait list.

Mithrandier said:
I got closings for the following:

Gimli Statue
Lurtz Statue
Saruman Statue
Theoden Statue
Moria Orc Swordsman Statue
Moria Orc Archer Statue
Watcher in The Water
Lurtz Bust
Gollum as Gollum Statue

This totally and utterly sucks............................good luck and congrats to anyone who got one off the wait list.

I got all of the above, and then some. :)

I guess SS is having a big cleanup.. Bit sad though.. I was silently hoping 1 or 2 would come through. :monkey2

very sad............................very depressing......................had a good offer on Gimli a little while ago and passed it up...............what a moron................

Back