Luke & Yoda For Order with Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sith Lord 0498 said:
I, for one, could care less about the edition size (although I think 1138 would've been a more clever size than 1150). I bought this exclusive solely on the basis that it is an iconic, powerful statue and the exclusive is nothing short of amazing.

eBay values have little meaning to me. I buy these items because I like them and want them...not to resell for a profit.

Who mentioned ebay value?

Value can also mean the value of the piece to own and collect.

Darth Loki said:
I agree with you 100%. I don't ever plan on selling anything that I own or have on order.

Nor do I, but you never know. For me its more about the frustration of spending a bunch of cash and then seeing it for much cheaper 3 months later. Or thinking something will drop and then finding out it has doubled in price. Collecting is a crap shoot. I think you can make educated guesses, but it the end you never know what's going to take off and what will plummet in monetary value and how long these financial trends will last.

Darklord Dave said:
Actually you only need to be 10% committed at least until the first payment.

True, there is a penalty for cancelling. Thanks for pointing that out, still may be another reason why FP is taking longer.

With the amount of money we spend on sideshow we should probably ALL be committed.:D

obscene?

May 2006--

HT Predators --- $260
1/4 scale predator --- $1000
General Grevious ---- $450
Anakin ---- $55

The credit card induced coma ---- Priceless

I hear you Dave.

Am I the only one that dreads going to the credit card website when is time to make a payment? Not because of what I know I spent but the stuff I forgot about. :lol

I made a list of everything I have on pre-order last week just so I know, and :google :google :google !

Dear God, what have I gotten myself into?

Darth Loki said:
I made a list of everything I have on pre-order last week just so I know, and :google :google :google !

yeah i did the same the other week. im gonna comb through again and cancel some stuff. one thing i did not know until reading the site... fireside collectibles has a cancellation fee on pre-orders. make to look into that!!! that might end up biting me in the arse.

Darklord Dave said:
obscene?

May 2006--

HT Predators --- $260
1/4 scale predator --- $1000
General Grevious ---- $450
Anakin ---- $55

The credit card induced coma ---- Priceless

I've got that beat. My May 2006:

Predator Exclusive --- $999 shipped
Anakin Exclusive --- $65 shipped
Grievous Exclusive --- $472 shipped
Maul 1:1 Bust --- $540 shipped
T3 SS art print --- $382.50 shipped

I'll be selling the Anakin and keeping the rest. Luckily, I don't have any other orders coming up soon besides the Leia Exclusive. This summer should be pretty light.

Hopefully SS will come up with a rewards program soon to give us a percentage off for our patronage.

Darth Loki said:

Meh, I just have 12 SS figures on preorder :D

But I still need to locate the Hot Toys Worlds Finest!

I'll hit $5,000 for sure by the end of the year.

MR's Boba SE blaster and Han EE have a lot to do with that. Sideshow's Hulk dioramas, Jaws, 12" figures and others impulse purchases (those are the ones that kill you) round up that estimate for me.

Hey, Elwood for someone who hate 12" figures why order Anakin? Why don't you at least help someone here who missed out at cost.

Back