1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1560.jpg

I'm not too familiar with SS release schedule but how long will it be between the reveal and the PO for a figure?
Can't wait for this one!

There's no rule on this. When SSC reveal an item on their site, it usually gets POed within a couple weeks. When it comes to SDCC reveals, delay goes from a few days to a few months.

I'm not too familiar with SS release schedule but how long will it be between the reveal and the PO for a figure?
Can't wait for this one!

It may be several months. I got the impression that SS left nothing back at SDCC this year, possibly due to the HT announcement. This means that some products, like 3PO, may be some way off a PO. General Grievous took a year or so between SDCC reveal and PO

Last edited:
Grievous was shown in the summer of 2011 at SDCC and I thought I heard people mentioning it was previewed every earlier than that - but I can't find any images. ;)

Grievous was shown in the summer of 2011 at SDCC and I thought I heard people mentioning it was previewed every earlier than that - but I can't find any images. ;)

I think what SS very first previewed were screenshots of the body in autocad being designed and from there it went to SDCC and then disappeared for a while before being offered up.

Not many spots left in 2015 first semester. I'd expect figures not POed yet to be released next fall at the earliest.

The SX-64 (aka "Executive") was released in 84, so that ad has to be from 83, 84 or 85. By 1985 Commy was advertising the Amiga 1000 which made the C-64 at the core of the SX look somewhat like a Speak and Spell. ;) I think I bought my first C-64 in 1985 and my first Amiga in 87/88. Sold my last Amiga in 95. It was a good run.

Wow, really? Based on the photography, clothing and even the typography, I would have thought it was between 1979 and 1982! Maybe up to 1984. Just shows you how dated things can look!

Ads from 1979 for computers look much more dated than that! ;) The SX-64 was the first portable with a color screen.

You can see Mr. Open Shirt and his bikini babes on video in this TV spot (from 84 according to the poster on YouTube):

We're way off topic now folks.

Here we go back on topic…

Original Kenner SW toy line commercial check out the epic battle between the X-Wing and Tie Fighter.

That SW commercial is fantastic! I don't remember that one. I do remember one for the ESB figures with Han and Lando where Lando says, "The Empire tricked me Han! I had no choice! Goodbye my friend."

And yep, there's Mr. Open Shirt. It totally looks outdated for 1984. I would have said 1982 for that commercial for sure. The only thing that could be from 84 is the music. No wonder the Apple commercial from 1984 was so revolutionary! It's stylistically so much more contemporary for that time and it seems even timeless now.

That Commodore commercial is awesome! :lol Horrible to remember those short shorts.

But yes, Mad Old Lu, that commercial, like most of the time, was outdated because it was made by old men in old traditional advertising style (from the 70's) trying to be hip by adding bikini babes and "Lets Get Physical" aerobics attire. The fact that the theme song is "Keeping Up" tells you they are not. I'm sure that commercial in its day was about as hip as disco was at that time too.

I'm going to use a HT lightsaber hilt and attempt to display it hanging off one of his belts. Any recommendations as to what I could use as a hook for the saber?

A piece of bent paperclip is easy and can look good if you have pliers small enough for the tight bend radius.

Back