1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mic is in the completely wrong spot. :lol

Seems to emerge from the right place:

url

I just realized that the eye shape seems to be modelled from this shot, rather than the more characteristic wide-eyed Hamill that comes to mind. But they still look too narrow, which is massively ironic for SS.

url

When I saw this photo taken at the Magic of Myth exhibition I thought SS had even got the belt colour wrong:

spaceout.gif

spaceout.gif

3472157622_75260ea7dd_o.jpg

But it does match this one:

One more from the Magic of Myth:

collar.jpg

Maul could still be good, fingers crossed.
But you certainly cannot order anything based on SS photo pics anymore, that's for sure.

Luckily there was no NRD when I ordered with the monthly $20 code last January. :lol

Plenty of time to cancel if need be.

I was originally considering the hero pose holding helmet and gloves, but helmet on is looking far more likely. Which wouldn't be a bad thing since there will be farm boy, trooper disguise, 2x Bespin and a Jedi all bareheaded.

Well, well, well.... lookey what happen while I was sleeping....

I went serct base today i saw luke paint app so toylish and eyeball like deadfish,but tie pliot is awsome helmet in gloss black like proto

Uh oh....

THAT is not what was promoted. Seems to confirm the above comment.

[...] but helmet on is looking far more likely. Which wouldn't be a bad thing since there will be farm boy, trooper disguise, 2x Bespin and a Jedi all bareheaded.

At this point I may not even buy the costume, since the helmet appears to use the wrong colours. I don't mind a bit of modding but this looks a bit much.

I'd be more forgiving about that orange if the whole figure wasn't a miss, in relative terms (state-of-the-art, price point etc).

Yikes.

That is just awful. Seriously. No other in hand pictures are going to change opinions on this abomination. Might be time Sidehsow hung it up and just stick to PFs and the like.

The full figure from a distance with helmet on looks pretty good at first, until you start really looking at it.

But the sculpt is what kills me -- mostly because I was lead to believe that SS had moved up a notch on its paint apps (by their proto). Apparently not. Same dull plastic hair, same vacant bug-eyes, same mediocre sculpt-work without much detail. Like a mannequin.

I'm pretty certain HT will reveal their own pilot Luke before this time next year, so I'm waiting for that. Even if its another $30 in price, it will come with enough extra gear to seem worth it (maybe even a Hoth swap-out jacket and white boots/gloves).

On the bright side, the money that might have gone towards this can now nearly pay for HT Vader. :yess:

I think even Pixel would have to agree that the sculpt was completely ruined by those atrocious paint apps.

Lacklustre paint and even worse photos. The sculpt however, apart from the hair, looks as close to the prototype as one would expect. Waiting for photos that are in focus, so this still might be re-paint worthy, but I may still opt for a custom to get closer to the Mark than either SSC or HT.

This isn't a figure I'm interested in owning in the slightest,I was just hoping to get a good sculpt that didn't need any additional work to swap onto the HT Farmboy Luke - that sculpt isn't suitable for anything but temporary display in my collection unfortunately.

Even if I were interested in this, I wouldn't be freaking out over some abysmally taken photos.

At this point I may not even buy the costume, since the helmet appears to use the wrong colours. I don't mind a bit of modding but this looks a bit much.

I'd be more forgiving about that orange if the whole figure wasn't a miss, in relative terms (state-of-the-art, price point etc).

In John Woo's pics the helmet looks very orange, but in that first crappy photo it looks more red:

attachment.php

It was at least intended to be red:

2132-luke-skywalker-red-five-x-wing-pilot-005.jpg

Lacklustre paint and even worse photos. The sculpt however, apart from the hair, looks as close to the prototype as one would expect. Waiting for photos that are in focus, but this still might be re-paint worthy, but I may still opt for a custom to get closer to the Mark than either SSC or HT.

This isn't a figure I'm interested in owning in the slightest,I was just hoping to get a good sculpt that didn't need any additional work to swap onto the HT Farmboy Luke - that sculpt isn't suitable for anything but temporary display in my collection unfortunately.
The photos aren't the best but I think enough can be seen in these to know it's not going to look a lot better. The paint job still looks toyish and lacks detail.

Back