Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi vrasku and SSC EX Hunter.

I have casts for the Weequay heads if any one wants ones, the amazing Vivisect made the outfits and the sabers are cathode tube ones from katkuru

Has anyone made a ESB Luke with the ROTJ head? This is the only pic i can find and i think it looks good.

review_vcdyoda_9.jpg

review_vcdyoda_19.jpg

Here's some pictures of my Sideshow Jedi luke, with a Boot25 paint up, on a Narrow shouldered truetype. Still a fantastic sculpt, and the TT alone improves it. The paint up is just stellar.

This is currently in the FS section, incidentally, for what it cost me to assemble.

Here's some pictures of my Sideshow Jedi luke, with a Boot25 paint up, on a Narrow shouldered truetype. Still a fantastic sculpt, and the TT alone improves it. The paint up is just stellar.

This is currently in the FS section, incidentally, for what it cost me to assemble.

He kind of looks like he has a touch of mongolism.. lol

Why do repaints of the "ROTJ Luke" always look like he is stoned or something :thud:...

No offence meant to the repainters :monkey3

It's because of the way everyone paints the eyes in an attempt to give him a serious expression, and the sculpt just won't accomodate it. He always ends up looking either sleepy or stoned. That's not meant as a knock on the artists, Boot25 is as good as they come, the sculpt simply won't allow it.

HI,

i'm thinking about switching my jedi luke's body for the True type body.

Mind if I ask how you went about adapting the hands and feet onto the tt body?

thanks

HI,

thanks

I'd be glad to. The feet are the Truetype's feet, the Sideshow hands fit on the TT pegs with a little bit of pushing - the TT pegs are a little larger than the Sideshow pegs, so they fit snugly in the hands (it would be a problem if the TT pegs were smaller, because then the hands would be loose). I highly recommend this change, it gives Luke the correct proportions and looks great. The neck is a TT neck peg (in fact, the whole body is an aldo raine body) and the head fits on it but is also lightly glued on. The sleeves are a little long, but I much prefer longer sleeves to monkey arms. I also tried a slim TT and it didn't really work - the clothes are too baggy and the head too big. It's possible a regular TT will work, but I didn't try it. I have a feeling the outfit would be too tight on a regular TT. The narrow shouldered TT seems to work best.

Regarding the expression, I think it suits Luke's character in ROTJ - it looks to me like the haunted, defeated expression he had when he was hiding in the Emperor's throne room and Vader was saying 'sister! You have a sister!' etc.

I totally sympathise with people who don't like that expression, but it is a terrific sculpt. And of course, I've owned the best paint up of it ever.:)

HI,

thanks

The TT will make him too tall. Save your money and switch him over to a Pro 1.0. You'll keep him in scale with the rest of the Sideshow Star Wars figures (past and present) and it'll even out his proportions. All you need is a short neck adapter from hot toys and a little superglue and you're good to go. Everything else, including the hands (popped onto Pro wrist pegs), port right over.

actually the newer HT true types eg. the slim TT are shorter and makes the scale ok. :D

Thanks for the replies guys.

So it seems i've got two options for the jedi luke: Narrow shoulder TT body OR sideshow prometheus body.

Which would you guys suggest I get?

I'm not too fussed about height of the figure.

Also, i've never really done much customising of 1/6 figures. The only 'customising' i've done is switching out broken parts of a medicom body with a brand new one.

I put mine on a slim and love how it looks.

DSCF0785.jpg

luke002.jpg

(had to repaint it too. The deer in the headlights was killing me.)

DSCF0779.jpg

The TT will make him too tall. Save your money and switch him over to a Pro 1.0. You'll keep him in scale with the rest of the Sideshow Star Wars figures (past and present) and it'll even out his proportions. All you need is a short neck adapter from hot toys and a little superglue and you're good to go. Everything else, including the hands (popped onto Pro wrist pegs), port right over.

The TT looks fine to me, as you can see in the picture below, plus it's a vastly superior body in terms of poseability, quality and tightness of joints. The best way to buy one is either to wait until the new ones are released soon, when they'll be cheaper, or win the body in an auction from a recently released figure from a Hong Kong seller, which is what I did (buying the body from an Aldo Raine).

One word of warning - after I popped the head off the original figure it seemd to break the neck post on the body, so unless you know you really want to change the body approach with caution. It also cracked the paint on the neck, although this didn't matter as the head was destined for a repaint. Good luck!

actually the newer HT true types eg. the slim TT are shorter and makes the scale ok. :D

Actually, that's incorrect. The Narrow Shouldered TrueType is the same height as the previous TTs which would make Luke just as tall as Han. Only the Slim is shorter and as has already been said, the clothes don't flatter the slim at all and it's a bit too skinny for Luke anyway. Therefore, unless you're an experienced tailor, the best option for consistency would be the Pro.

I have never really seen the original paint on the Jedi Luke sculpt to be bad. I completely see his expression when Vader figures out about the sister in Sideshow's original offering. It would not have been my own first choice for the expression, but I thought they did it well enough. I actually have yet to see a repaint that give me the opinion that it actually improves on the original other than some of the fleshtones being a little better.

Actually, that's incorrect. The Narrow Shouldered TrueType is the same height as the previous TTs which would make Luke just as tall as Han. Only the Slim is shorter and as has already been said, the clothes don't flatter the slim at all and it's a bit too skinny for Luke anyway. Therefore, unless you're an experienced tailor, the best option for consistency would be the Pro.

One negative about the pro is that its hard to find affordable feet for them. Toy Anxiety was charging almost as much for the feet as they were for the bodies. So you either go feetless or rig something inside the boots.

I have never really seen the original paint on the Jedi Luke sculpt to be bad. I completely see his expression when Vader figures out about the sister in Sideshow's original offering. It would not have been my own first choice for the expression, but I thought they did it well enough. I actually have yet to see a repaint that give me the opinion that it actually improves on the original other than some of the fleshtones being a little better.

It was never the worst paint job, but leaving aside the repaint that I'm currently selling - which you would expect me to say was great - I think pretty much every repaint has improved on the original. Unsung hero's on this page is a nice example.

Two words - doll dot. Just get rid of those and you've dramatically improved the figure.

Back