Luke Is Shipping!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
For the record, I'm not concerned about lower edition numbers being shipped to the first orders--I understand that those are random. I'm talking about the items beign shipped out in the order that they were placed, which Chicky just confirmed that they usually do. (Why some of us who placed our Luke order in the first few moments didn't get a shipping notice last night is anybody's guess.)

And it seemed there were quite a few which were local (LA area).

Chicky said Luke will begin to ship today, if so why did others say they already received their shipping notice and tracking info? Hmmm....

pjam said:
And it seemed there were quite a few which were local (LA area).

Chicky said Luke will begin to ship today, if so why did others say they already received their shipping notice and tracking info? Hmmm....

Maybe b/c they left the warehouse this morning to be fair, but I still think we'll probably get ours tomorrow. You may want to consider having SSC ship yours tomorrow if you're concerned about theiving kids.

Being in LA, all I know is if I see someone in NY posting pics of their Luke tomorrow and I haven't even gotten my notice yet, I'll be pretty ticked off.

If I see any forum posts about people receiving theirs, I won't even read them until I get mine, to control my jealousy. :D

Wor-Gar said:
Being in LA, all I know is if I see someone in NY posting pics of their Luke tomorrow and I haven't even gotten my notice yet, I'll be pretty ticked off.

Boo hoo! I have to wait 5 days for my SS stuff. I don't wanna hear any West Coasters bitching. The only thing I wish is that SS had different shipping options instead of Fed Ex ground. I'd gladly pay a few more bucks for 3-day shipping.

MicroJow said:
No notice for me, either. Still listed as "Shipping Soon" in My Account, too. And I live about 15 minutes from Sideshow HQ. Ah well. As long as it arrives by Friday I'll be cool w/ it. Going to IKEA on Saturday to purchase the display case for my Star Wars Sideshows:

https://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15561&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&parentCats=15561*15639*15645&productId=11638

:cool:

- J!

Still nothing here too in Hollyweird, but I've decided even though we Cali collectors have to pay taxes and haven't received notices, I will closet my "inner child" and cut SSC a break b/c I'm starting to annoy myself!

I always console myself with the thought that even though we Californians have to pay sales tax, we are rewarded with the chance to be the very first to receive new items when they ship.

Remember, tax on Grievous is going to be about $35 extra!!

OK, here's the scoop:

Just got off the phone with a SS rep. She said that the first orders will go out tonight, notice or no notice.

Billing happens when the item actually ships -- meaning you should be charged tonight officially if you're order is shipped tonight.

The advanced FedEx notices people are getting are actually just SS FedEx pre-labels provided for FedEx and it does not mean the item has in fact shipped yet. However, if you have a label made then you can assume yours is among the first to ship.

If you want to know if your item will ship tonight, see if your card has been charged -- not just the "funds check" they do but see if you have an actual debit.

That's what I was told.

Wor-Gar said:
OK, here's the scoop:

Just got off the phone with a SS rep. She said that the first orders will go out tonight, notice or no notice.

Billing happens when the item actually ships -- meaning you should be charged tonight officially if you're order is shipped tonight.

The advanced FedEx notices people are getting are actually just SS FedEx pre-labels provided for FedEx and it does not mean the item has in fact shipped yet. However, if you have a label made then you can assume yours is among the first to ship.

If you want to know if your item will ship tonight, see if your card has been charged -- not just the "funds check" they do but see if you have an actual debit.

That's what I was told.

Thanks for the info Wor-Gar, you rock! Notice tonight, Luke tomorrow.

Tom, again, you may want to schedule delivery for Thurs if you're stressing it.

If he does end up getting delivered tomorrow while I am gone, I will have a friend swing by at lunch and grab it off the front porch. (And if he puts it up on eBay I will kill him...)

I just called Sideshow and they said quit calling about Luke. They also said that anyone else that called them about when Luke was shipping, their exclusive order would be cancelled and sent to wait list members.

EVILFACE said:
I just called Sideshow and they said quit calling about Luke. They also said that anyone else that called them about when Luke was shipping, their exclusive order would be cancelled and sent to wait list members.

Thats exactly how I would feel if I was on their side of things. I bet they have received a ton of calls.

Unique Soul said:
My account still says "order placed." I guess I'll be one of the last to receive mine being in FL. :(

Update - I received my "Ground Pre-Shipment" notice that says delivery is scheduled for 3/25 (Saturday), so I guess that means I'll get him Monday.

EVILFACE said:

Oh, go check your porch.

pjam said:
It's an issue to be sure, but serving Collector's concerns should always be first priority, hopefully this issue can be addressed to meet those concerns without impacting prices. Maybe a few Shipping staff meetings and a few changes in how these pieces are shipped can do the trick.

We have the technology!

Collector's Concerns is something SS or any company should worry about but SS never guarantees that if you order early you are going to get a low number. So therefore SS shouldn't worry about it. It's a non-issue really.

All, I know is I got my pre-ship and Luke is due in on Thursday!!

Evilface, I am ROFLMAO! Nearly snarked some tea when I read your "stop calling about Luke" post!

No notice for Luke yet, either, but then I didn't order him right away. Will have to check my credit card and see if there's a charge. <fingers crossed!>

Edit: Nope, no charge. Although the credit card website says it can take up to 7 days to post a charge (which sounds ridiculous to me), so who knows?

Wor-Gar said:
Oh, go check your porch.

Damn, nothing on my porch except a Hooker!!

hooker.jpg

The UPS man even tried covering it up with the welcome mat lolol.

Back