Luke Is Shipping!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they just process them in batches just like the numbers sent out are totally random.

Wor-Gar said:
I live in LA -- a hop-skip-and-jump from Sideshow -- but I have no notice yet.

Me too and I got my order confirmed first 5 minutes, I really think they should ship Edition # for PF's in the order they were received, it's not that much to ask, all pre-orders have a time stamp.

As far as 12" Exclusives go, I think they should at least honor the batch orders shipped in the order they were received, first 200 get first 200 and so on. Seems democratic/fair to me, after all it was we who made the effort.

In any event, I hope WHOEVER get Luke first post pics FIRST.

I also live in California with no idea when I'm going to receive Luke. Maybe they are shipping only the east coast first so that way we all get him at the same time?

pjam said:
Me too and I got my order confirmed first 5 minutes, I really think they should ship Edition # for PF's in the order they were received, it's not that much to ask, all pre-orders have a time stamp.

They simply cannot do that. These come in totally randomly. So piece #1 might be on the last crate coming in say shipment two. You might have to wait 2 weeks for that one. SS isn't going to hold an order for that long just so the first person order can have #1. So yes it is too much to ask.:peace

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Europe is still waiting. I didn't receive a notice yet.

Me neither. I know the figures have to reach the EU warehouse from the US,but it's a little annoying not to have had any notification about the EU warehouse getting their shipment when the US orders are already shipping. Maybe the next newsletter will have the info we are waiting for.

In most cases, we process and ship out in the order in which the pre-orders were placed. We ask for everyone's patience during this time frame!

Luke figures should beginning shipping out today!

Best,
Chicky

My account still says "order placed." I guess I'll be one of the last to receive mine being in FL. :(

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
They simply cannot do that. These come in totally randomly. So piece #1 might be on the last crate coming in say shipment two. You might have to wait 2 weeks for that one. SS isn't going to hold an order for that long just so the first person order can have #1. So yes it is too much to ask.:peace

Each PF Shipping box has the Edition # marked on the outside. If a Collector makes the effort to obtain an early order, SSC CAN and SHOULD make the effort to ship each Ediition #, especially in the case of Exclusives, in the order they were produced, it's a simple matter of sorting prior to shipping.

Then they wouldn't come in randomly... they already ship in batches with corresponding low Edition #'s (say 1-300) so it can be done...

I haven't gotten my notice yet either but I imagine it will be in the next couple of days. I think I ordered pretty late, like forty, forty five minutes after the start. But it's nice to know it's going to be pretty soon. I guess this will be the first of the months festivities for me and a little later Darla and The Kurgan.

SHOULD make the effort to ship each Ediition #, especially in the case of Exclusives, in the order they were produced, it's a simple matter of sorting prior to shipping.
That means that China would have to pack the containers so that the lowest numbers are on the outside. I'd imagine it would require a complete re-do of how the factory packs which would involve added consumer costs. Doesn't seem that important to me...

EVILFACE said:
Man, some people just need to calm down!!!!!!!!

I agree, won't really matter all that much in a few days but consider this:

You get up super early, get in the front of the line to some event and when they finally open the doors, 200 people in line behind you get in first...

It's sort of that feeling for some who pre-ordered super-early and didn't even get a shipping notice yet...

Again, won't really matter by this time next week...

pjam said:
Each PF Shipping box has the Edition # marked on the outside. If a Collector makes the effort to obtain an early order, SSC CAN and SHOULD make the effort to ship each Ediition #, especially in the case of Exclusives, in the order they were produced, it's a simple matter of sorting prior to shipping.

Then they wouldn't come in randomly... they already ship in batches with corresponding low Edition #'s (say 1-300) so it can be done...

These are done and packed randomly back in China. It would make things much much more of pain in the ass to do all this extra sorting. SS is in no way obligated to get someone the number matching the order they got theirs in.

jlcmsu said:
These are done and packed randomly back in China. It would make things much much more of pain in the ass to do all this extra sorting. SS is in no way obligated to get someone the number matching the order they got theirs in.

I agree with all your points, my point is only this: some Collectors place a higher value on lower Edition #'s, whether it's true or not. So if a Collector makes the Effort to pre-order an expensive PF Exclusive super early, say first 100, and received an Edition # of 317, it stands to reason that the Collector's concerns could be better addressed.

SSC can and should ship batches in order of first produced, let's say the batch size is 100. Well, simply tag each box w/ES # with customer pre-order time stamps and ship them out to the first 100 paid pre-orders, and so on...

JustinLuck said:
Are the 1/6 figures numbered? I thought only the PFs are.

You're right, no sixth scale items are numbered, Only PF's, Maguette's, etc. I got a little off topic re: pre-orders placed vs shipping notices sent

pjam said:
I agree with all your points, my point is only this: some Collectors place a higher value on lower Edition #'s, whether it's true or not. So if a Collector makes the Effort to pre-order an expensive PF Exclusive super early, say first 100, and received an Edition # of 317, it stands to reason that the Collector's concerns could be better addressed.

It's really not SS problem though if some collectors have this jones for items with low Edition #'s. SS owes those collectors high quality high end pieces which they get the number is secondary. If a collectors concern is the the number they get then they might need to refocus their concerns in collecting.

pjam said:
SSC can and should ship batches in order of first produced, let's say the batch size is 100. Well, simply tag each box w/ES # with customer pre-order time stamps and ship them out to the first 100 paid pre-orders, and so on...

Again, SS could if they wanted to totally retool everything which is going to cost us money. So in that case keep it the same I don't want to be paying more just so some guy/gal can get #200 if they where that person in line. It's not worth it. It's not nearly as simple as you trying to make it out to be I can guarantee you that.

It's an issue to be sure, but serving Collector's concerns should always be first priority, hopefully this issue can be addressed to meet those concerns without impacting prices. Maybe a few Shipping staff meetings and a few changes in how these pieces are shipped can do the trick.

We have the technology!

For the record, I'm not concerned about lower edition numbers being shipped to the first orders--I understand that those are random. I'm talking about the items beign shipped out in the order that they were placed, which Chicky just confirmed that they usually do. (Why some of us who placed our Luke order in the first few moments didn't get a shipping notice last night is anybody's guess.)

Back