Luke Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img6257300ut5.jpg

Hurricane love that pic, and love the 'dusty' look you've given Vader's helmet, just like the film. Exactly what I plan to do to mine (thanks for all the help) when I finally get round to it after my current commissions (I love the work.. but i want to do my vaderrrr) lol

excellent photo, and great looking figures

EVILFACE said:
The thing I always wondered about this scene in the movie, why didn't Luke just use the Force and lift his daddy to his ship?

That's a good question...maybe he was too drained from the fight and force lightning?

What I always loved about that scene is that you can see all the Imperials making a run for it and barley caring about their leader Darth Vader who is limping away with some stranger!

Time to delve real deep now....If Vader HAD lived would he have stood trial? Or would Luke have just run off somewhere with his redeemed father?:confused:

Wow that actually is a good question. I would lean on the side that, as redeemed he is no longer Darth Vader but Anakin Skywalker and after much political manuvering he would not have stood trial but at the same time probably would not be all that trusted. Here's another good question, would they have tried to reverse his machination, would they have just given him a white "repaint" ala Infinities or just left him as-is?

Wow, never really thought about that. I would guess that they would have tried to reverse his machination as much as possible.( To make him easily re-enter society and be trusted) It seems that when Anakin was put into the suit it was pretty crude, it doesn't look like too much was done to attend to his burns and smaller wounds.

Luke's hand was replaced with a very real looking prosthetic. Perhaps technology had advanced at that point. I would think that he would still be on life support but not with such a bulky suit. I think that white would be the color to go.

I'm not too familiar with the EU. Has any story-line been done before about Vader surviving? If not that would be a great story!

In our system, does finding "God" give a criminal a free pass? No.

Vader/Anakin would still have been held accountable for his actions. There is no way you can praise someone that slaughtered children. He was ruthless.

In our society most people also dont act like and speak like anyone in the Star Wars universe. lol In Star Wars Vader may have gotten away with it, if it were a real world? Yea, he'd prolly be held accountable.

Darthrazz said:
I'm not too familiar with the EU. Has any story-line been done before about Vader surviving? If not that would be a great story!
Yep, Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi. Basically, Vader helps Luke AND Leia on the DSll, but ends up being wounded by the Emperor, who then flees the scene. They all excape the DSll's destruction and afterwards, Anakin still has the Vader suit, but it's all white now with blue chest panel and belt box lights.;)

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Yep, Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi. Basically, Vader helps Luke AND Leia on the DSll, but ends up being wounded by the Emperor, who then flees the scene. They all excape the DSll's destruction and afterwards, Anakin still has the Vader suit, but it's all white now with blue chest panel and belt box lights.;)

UGH! How does GL let some of this crap get made?

The worst thing about the EU are the rediculous stories that are in some of the novels or comics. There is a lot of great EU material, but also a lot of crap.

Darth Loki said:

The worst thing about the EU are the rediculous stories that are in some of the novels or comics. There is a lot of great EU material, but also a lot of crap.

GL probably passes judgment on the stories without reading them.

:rolleyes:

Darth Loki said:

You do realize that Infinities isn't part of the Star Wars Continuity, right?

It's just a made up 'what-if'.;)

pickard said:
GL probably passes judgment on the stories without reading them.

:rolleyes:

What a sweet gravy train George Lucas is riding.... "What, you want to write a book or make a game based on my characters? Sure. But it won't be real, or part of my canon, knock yourself out. I'll collect coin BIG time, nothing you write will-be part of my Star Wars universe BUT I'll OWN everything, and use it if I like it, like "coruscant"!!", etc. etc...

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :emperor :emperor

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
You do realize that Infinities isn't part of the Star Wars Continuity, right?

It's just a made up 'what-if'.;)

And they were all fun reads.

Darthrazz said:
Time to delve real deep now....If Vader HAD lived would he have stood trial? Or would Luke have just run off somewhere with his redeemed father?:confused:

I think he would have ended up in hiding somewhere -- Degobah perhaps? Or else have been issued amnesty by Mon Mothma. But he'd have to change his clothes/helmet/image/name to avoid a lynching for his part in all of Palpatine's ethnic cleansing and world destroying. Eitherway, I think he he would have proved instrumental in restoring the Jedi Order.

I don't think his crimes against humanity was nearly as bad as, say, Tarkin. And as for the younglings he killed, they were soldiers in the Jedi Order and thus a valid military target.

Back