Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I and I

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've searched but couldn't find a thread for this game, so here it is.

Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon.png

Tuesday was the Dutch press event, which I could attend, and I got to play the game. Being an avid fan of the first one, which had high entertainment value even though it was quite an easy game, I had high hopes for the next one. And boy, they didn't disappoint me!

While I'm eagerly waiting for the release of this game, I also am hoping that they'll finally release some merchandise of this franchise (apart from the JoyRide Studios figure).

Read my short post about the Luigi's Mansion 2 Experience on DIMIC.

I'm also holding a small contest in which you can win a t-shirt, sticker sheet and a stress ball in the shape of a Boo.

Enter the contest on Facebook.

388556_558508514188939_240819458_n.jpg

I'm definitely getting this at some point. The game looks really fun.

Destructoid gave it 9.5
Giant Bomb 4/5

Feels like a rare sequel where it's not just a cash in - there's been thought and care put into it. I'll definitely pick this up at some point.

Yeah I do really want to play this game, but I'm going to wait a little bit. Glad to see ign gave it a good score!

Yeah I saw Miyamoto on GTTV and he said that they actually had designed the Gamecube version always with 3D in mind but the technology wasn't enough at the time and that was pretty much what led to the 3DS.

So it's kind of full circle.

I picked this up today. If you own a 3DS, you need this game. It's amazing. I never played the original, but this game is a blast, looks great and has terrific control. I was smitten as soon as I started playing. They did an awesome job with Luigi. The sounds he makes, (I crack up every time he starts nervously humming the music) and his hilarious animations make him instantly endearing to me. The 3D effect works great on this game and it has some surprisingly good lighting and physics. I might need to get the original if it's this good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

If no one else is going to bump this thread, I guess I'll do it. Seriously guys. This game is fantastic. I hope it's not getting overlooked because of it's title. It's the most fun I've had with a 3DS game.

I'm still considering to pick this game up.
I liked the first one but that was almost 10 years ago, so I'm not quite sure if I can still have fun with it.

How's the online play on this? I haven't gotten it yet as I've been on a bit of a game buying binge lately, but I plan to pick it up eventually.

How's the online play on this? I haven't gotten it yet as I've been on a bit of a game buying binge lately, but I plan to pick it up eventually.

I haven't tried it yet, but I hear good things. I'm still early really. In the second of five mansions. Just get it LOL.

Wow what an awesome game. Very unforgiving tho. As soon as you get 3 or more ghosts which can hide behind shields it gets bloody tricky. The animations, 3d, sound effects and overall production values are top notch. Doesn't feel like a 3ds game. Feels like a full on console game.

So I just picked this up recently (in order to take advantage of the free digital game with a purchase of a 3DS.) It was a blind buy, but wow, was it worth it. I'm currently on the second mansion and this game is intense! Very cool concept and makes me wish I would have played the first installment on the Game Cube. And I'm really impressed with the graphics that the 3DS pumps out with this.

Can't recommend it enough.

So I just picked this up recently (in order to take advantage of the free digital game with a purchase of a 3DS.) It was a blind buy, but wow, was it worth it. I'm currently on the second mansion and this game is intense! Very cool concept and makes me wish I would have played the first installment on the Game Cube. And I'm really impressed with the graphics that the 3DS pumps out with this.

Can't recommend it enough.

Yeah, I love it. I've been playing it intermittently for a bit. I just got to the third mansion today. Such a well put together game.

Back