Low quantity alerts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I only just discovered SideShow I have so much to catch up on! That's the problem.

my advise to you is slow down and ask yourself if you really want all of those statues. I know when i first started i was buying up everything too because they all looked so cool.

but after a while you realize even some pieces you think look so awesome just dont display good to your taste and eventually you come to some sort of understanding with yourself as to what pieces you really want.

I rented a storage space just to put all those boxes and the pieces i dont really like that's how bad it got. Now i am slowly selling all the stuff i bought originally that i dont REALLY like and buying only the ones I absolutely must have.

I'm sorry to hear that Spawn_de. That's exactly the situation I would like to avoid. So I'm glad I started this thread so others can be aware that the low quantity alert system isn't perfect.

Gagaliya, thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure my best friend is about to perform his own version of a mini intervention!

But it sounds like you started off stronger than me and I think I'm over the hump.

The only statues I really really want are street fighter. Particularly Akuma since he's my main character. But looks like I missed a lot of good stuff. A lot of them are now at prices (used/eBay etc.) that I'm not willing to pay right now.
I love Predator, Alien, and LOTR. But can take or leave Star Wars and most of Marvel (apart from specific characters like Darth Maul and Wolverine...or other notable MvC characters. That probably sounds like blasphemy to the Marvel hardcore but this all started due to my obsession with Street Fighter (and related fighting games....).

Now I think I have pretty much ordered everything I want from existing stock and look forward to new releases which should slow down my buying rate.

But I will take your advice very seriously.
Truth is I have a LOT of stuff from NYCC, and a LOT of FightStick Collectibles that I need to get up on eBay.
January's focus needs to be all about saving and selling :-D

Also I'm clear that its a bit of a "joy ride". Some of the statues I will buy for the thrill, admire and enjoy for a month or so, and then sell. I don't have enough space for them all! Plus I think you can weed out the ones you love once you have them for a while.
The great thing, it appears to me at least, is you can sell the ones you don't want for either more, the same, or a little less, which is fine by me because even if I lose money on a statue, I will have enjoyed it and the process of getting it.

By the way. When it just says "limited" with no number. What does that mean? I noticed pretty much all the Bowen statues just say "limited" then one arrived the other day and it turned out the number was 1400. Is there any way to find out the number before ordering?

Thanks again for all your help guys. I suspect I'm not the only one learning from this thread!
Mark

my advise to you is slow down and ask yourself if you really want all of those statues. I know when i first started i was buying up everything too because they all looked so cool.

but after a while you realize even some pieces you think look so awesome just dont display good to your taste and eventually you come to some sort of understanding with yourself as to what pieces you really want.

I rented a storage space just to put all those boxes and the pieces i dont really like that's how bad it got. Now i am slowly selling all the stuff i bought originally that i dont REALLY like and buying only the ones I absolutely must have.

1st post.

I have been collecting for years. Found out a very long time ago buy only what you like. Given that. I only buy StarWars from SS. I used their FP but in most case just pay them off. Long before the 1st payment is due. I really one one of the Emperor Premium Format. When I try to order one they would not do it on Flexpay. At the time there was 11 of them. Guess no really evil dude in my collection now.

I think they only allocate a certain amount of stock for flexpay option. When the last of the Black Orcs were in stock the flexpay option went straight to wait list.

Things may be different now (based on Alex's post), but in the past, the Low Quantity bar was only used for pre-orders. When an item shipped, the bar disappeared no matter how many were in stock. It seems now that they will add the bar back when item stock gets low.

Back