Low quantity alerts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BornFreeSS

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello

I'm very new to collecting statues and Sideshow. So this is a noob question.

I keep an eye on all the statues that I want knowing (or at least I thought) that at some stage it will have the "low quantity" alert.
I do this because I can't buy all the statues I want at the same time!

But I was confused today to see in the SideShow newsletter that it says there are only 2 Senator Palpatines left. Yet there is no low quantity alert. Can someone explain? What am I missing?

Is my method a safe one? Will there always be a low quantity alert before a statue becomes unavailable?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Mark

Hello

Did I post this in the wrong place? Seems like 50 odd people have looked and not replied.

Honestly I'd really like some help here guys. There are a number of statues I check the status of every single day. If the "low quantity alert" doesn't work I need to know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Mark

i asked myself this same question. Sideshow works in mysterious ways.

2l8kqwm.jpg

Hello

I'm very new to collecting statues and Sideshow. So this is a noob question.

I keep an eye on all the statues that I want knowing (or at least I thought) that at some stage it will have the "low quantity" alert.
I do this because I can't buy all the statues I want at the same time!

But I was confused today to see in the SideShow newsletter that it says there are only 2 Senator Palpatines left. Yet there is no low quantity alert. Can someone explain? What am I missing?

Is my method a safe one? Will there always be a low quantity alert before a statue becomes unavailable?

Thanks to anyone who can answer.
Mark

it's all bull_____, sometime statues will go from no alert to soldout then back to instock, sometime they will be in 1 bar low quantity alert for months, sometime newsletter will say they only have 1 LEFT!! yet I can order 2 AND it will still be in stock for months, sometime the statue with NRD will be on waitlist but everyone who try to order after that get instantly converted..

sideshow uses the inventory alert not to show actual inventory status, but as a method to deceive unsuspected buyers into a panic order thinking it will be soldout.

you will learn eventually young padawan :wink1:

Wow thanks for the responses. I'd love to hear SideShow themselves explain. They do look at this part of the forums right?

Can anyone at SideShow explain the newsletter that says only 2 Palpatines left yet no low quantity alert on the website?

Should I be worried? I have my eye on a few statues. If there is an issue with the low quantity alert system, even of it's just human error, can you please let us know?

I'm being very civil and don't think my question is unreasonable for a company I have and expect to spend thousands of dollars with.

Cheers
Mark

The low quantity should show up for this item soon (if it hasn't already). The alert bar sometimes has to be kicked in manually, and such was the case with this item. I can confirm that as of right now it looks like only 1 piece is left of the Emperor Palpatine, so unless a recent order cancellation occurs, etc. looks like this item will be sold out soon.

-SideshowAlex

The low quantity should show up for this item soon (if it hasn't already). The alert bar sometimes has to be kicked in manually, and such was the case with this item. I can confirm that as of right now it looks like only 1 piece is left of the Emperor Palpatine, so unless a recent order cancellation occurs, etc. looks like this item will be sold out soon.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex

That's helpful.

Now of course I'm, worried that the items I am watching could sell out without warning. Is there any way to check the number left? Can I call customer service or something?

Cheers
Mark

I don't know how the low qty works with SSC. It should be an automatic update (countdown) when people orders the item? Sometime it doesn't even appear & it's sold out?

What puzzles me is the sold out items with NRD like Nick Fury Comiquette EX appears back in-stock. There is no low qty bar, yet u can't tell me there is over 100+ cancellation on that item?

Well, there's an interesting update on Palpatine now!

"Checking Inventory"

Oh hell, this is very annoying. There's three pieces I want (not Palpatine) for absolute sure.......

I'm really not interested in them disappearing without warning.... I just didn't want to spend all that money at once.
And I'm not a fan of installment payments....

Feels like I have no choice but to order them on my credit card which is really not ideal at all.

I hope that isn't SideShow's intention. I thought the website would have a very simple program keeping track of sales and inventory - just like and other store.

Alex, or someone else from SideShow, do you have any advice? Can I request an inventory check?

Like I said before, I don't think these are unreasonable questions given the amount of money I have and will spend.

Cheers
Mark

Too late.

I ordered everything.

You win SideShow. :gah: You win......!

The Palpatine thing just scared the hell out of me.
I hope that's not your intention SideShow.
If that's the intended business model it works, there's no doubt, but it's not the best way to treat your customers.

I'd love some sort of reassurance's about the low quantity alert system, I'm sure a lot of people would......

Thanks everyone who has responded
Mark

Since I only just discovered SideShow I have so much to catch up on! That's the problem.

And I don't want to miss out and I don't want to buy on eBay especially if it has delicate or electronic parts.

The first item I bought was the Darth Maul with mechanical legs (couldn't help myself - even if some think he's got chicken wings. I adore the piece. But the the lightsaber is not working properly so I'm waiting for a new one, and funnily enough they sent me two EX heads instead of one EX head and one standard.
So, I'm working these things through with SideShow customer service who have been great.
I'm saying this because if I had these problems in eBay I'd be shafted.

So here I am new to sideshow and I want everything.

I'm just gutted I missed out on so much Street Fighter stuff. That's what brought me to Sideshow in the first place....

Is there a section on here where people buy and sell or trade? Any tips?
I read something about not dealing with anyone who joined after 08. That's a shame. Why 08?

Anyway, I digress. SideShow, in all seriousness I would like a bit more of an answer on the low quantity alert system. Is it useful at all? Or should I ring up instead? Seems like the latter....

Thanks for all the useful help guys. :hi5:

Cheers
Mark

Since I only just discovered SideShow I have so much to catch up on! That's the problem.

And I don't want to miss out and I don't want to buy on eBay especially if it has delicate or electronic parts.

The first item I bought was the Darth Maul with mechanical legs (couldn't help myself - even if some think he's got chicken wings. I adore the piece. But the the lightsaber is not working properly so I'm waiting for a new one, and funnily enough they sent me two EX heads instead of one EX head and one standard.
So, I'm working these things through with SideShow customer service who have been great.
I'm saying this because if I had these problems in eBay I'd be shafted.

So here I am new to sideshow and I want everything.

I'm just gutted I missed out on so much Street Fighter stuff. That's what brought me to Sideshow in the first place....

Is there a section on here where people buy and sell or trade?

Yup, you can check The Marketplace out for Freaks selling their stuff.

You can read all the Marketplace information here on the Marketplace FAQ.

Any tips?
Just use common sense when trading with another person. If the deal sounds too good to be true...it usually is.

I read something about not dealing with anyone who joined after 08. That's a shame. Why 08?

That's just someone's idea of being funny...anyone can be a scammer regardless of the year they joined. Again use common sense.

Be sure tp check the old Feedback thread and on any potential trading partner you can check their feedback score on the profile as well. Just click on their name.

Anyway, I digress. SideShow, in all seriousness I would like a bit more of an answer on the low quantity alert system. Is it useful at all? Or should I ring up instead? Seems like the latter....

The more you visit SSC's site the more you'll understand how things work. Like Alex said, many of the "Low Quantity" alerts sometimes have to be done manually...by a human...humans are slow. :lol

Thanks for all the useful help guys. :hi5:

Cheers
Mark

You're welcome. :D

Thanks Darth Snoopy, that's super helpful.

Humans can be slow is one thing but waiting until there's 2 left and then shoving it in a newsletter is pretty extreme. If I had been watching that piece I could have missed the newsletter for a few hours. The last two sell out and I'm none the wiser. I've gone straight from "in stock" to "out of stock" without a "low quantity alert".
If that's the way it works then I guess that's the way it works. just seems odd to me. The "low quantity alert" could be awesome if it is consistent and reliable. But it looks like it isn't.....

Seems odd there is no automated system keeping track. Most stores you go into have all their stock on a database. Scanned inventory when it comes in and what goes out.
But I guess SideShow doesn't have that.

It's sort of academic now anyway. All the statues I really want are ordered. I bit the bullet.

Second Darth Maul light saber just arrived an hour ago. Appears to be worse than the first...... :-(
Think it's the wiring in the statue. So annoying.

On the plus side EX Guile arrived too and looks ___ng awesome!

The low quantity alert is a good idea but useless if it doesn't function correctly. These items should also be getting added to the "Last Chance to Own" page. Newsletter seems more reliable.

Yeah,
wanted to buy the Thanos Statue but I had some Problems with the flexPay option (link was connected to the Main Page) and so I thought "give it another try tomorrow"
Next day after waking up the Statue was Sold Out, though there wasn't a low quantity bar. Whith a low quantity I would have tried to place the order immediately.

Back