LOTR 12" vs SW 12" - Which do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've limited my Star Wars collecting to Jedi and the core heroes in their ANH costumes. As for LOTR, I will get every 1:6 figure Sideshow chooses to produce, just to support the line - even if that means Wormtongue, orcs, and other villains, which frankly don't interest me very much. I'd much rather see more Elves and Men, like Elrond, Eowyn, or Eomer.

LOTR all the way, baby! I'm sure I'll still pick up some more SW characters along the way, but LOTR lines are still my primary interest.

The PFs have been rolling out faster than the 12" figures lately, but now that the hobbit-sized body issue has been resolved, it shouldn't be too hard to get Merry and Pippin into production, and hopefully Gimli (with some dwarvish modifications). Plenty of Man-sized characters still to make, and eventually some armoured figures, too. I continue to believe the best is yet to come with the LOTR 12" line!

LOTR all the way, baby! I'm sure I'll still pick up some more SW characters along the way, but LOTR lines are still my primary interest.

The PFs have been rolling out faster than the 12" figures lately, but now that the hobbit-sized body issue has been resolved, it shouldn't be too hard to get Merry and Pippin into production, and hopefully Gimli (with some dwarvish modifications). Plenty of Man-sized characters still to make, and eventually some armoured figures, too. I continue to believe the best is yet to come with the LOTR 12" line!

i could swear you scolded me in another thread about keeping the necroposter's thread alive. :confused: :confused: :confused:

practice what you preach. :duh

now commenting on the thread subject. i choose....i choose....BOTH! :lol i own every exclusive for both lines to date. i would be willing to sell either complete line as a lot only. pm your best offer. DAMN!!! shouldn't that be in the for sale thread? :lol

i could swear you scolded me in another thread about keeping the necroposter's thread alive. :confused: :confused: :confused:

practice what you preach. :duh

now commenting on the thread subject. i choose....i choose....BOTH! :lol i own every exclusive for both lines to date. i would be willing to sell either complete line as a lot only. pm your best offer. DAMN!!! shouldn't that be in the for sale thread? :lol

Yikes! You totally misunderstood me, man! I was agreeing with you! And I do try to practice what I preach (though I actually try to keep the preaching to a minimum). Sorry if my meaning wasn't clear enough, I didn't mean to offend you!

Last edited:
Yikes! You totally misunderstood me, man! I was agreeing with you! And I do try to practice what I preach (though I actually try to keep the preaching to a minimum). Sorry if my meaning wasn't clear enough, I didn't mean to offend you!

:lol :lol :lol....my apologies to you mudshark. i flamed too early!!! :horror

You've got to be kidding me - another necro?!

Well since everyone else has shared anyway ....

At this point I'm only picking up core characters, be they Star Wars or LOTR, otherwise I would have no room and too much in my collection. Though at this point LOTR has had only core characters available unlike Star Wars which has been everywhere.

Though between the two I do tend to lean a bit more towards LOTR, even though Star Wars is an all time favorite of mine - there's so much Star Wars stuff out there, LOTR is a bit more low key with the merchandising. Besides the LOTR figures are so much more complex that they offer a different kind of richness to the figures that other lines don't have.

I think it's because LOTR is much more . . . how do I put this, cultured, than the other lines? Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for, but there's an elegance, a history, a refinement about LOTR that puts it a step above the other lines in my eyes. But then, some people just want fun characters and designs, which must be why so many people love all the orcs and stuff. It's certainly much richer and deeper than some of the other 1:6 lines out there. It's hard for me to articulate what that is though.

It would seem that we are not TOO offended at the thread being revived. Make mine both. I also have every exclusive from each line. And I just can not see ever getting rid of any of them. I am a completist for both lines until they die or I do.

The people I feel the sorriest for because of this is my family. When my time does come...they are the ones who will have to get rid of my collection. And it is huge...and they already hate it.

The people I feel the sorriest for because of this is my family. When my time does come...they are the ones who will have to get rid of my collection. And it is huge...and they already hate it.

Just make sure they know they're exclusives and don't price them at garage sale prices. :D

Like most, I grew with Star Wars since ANH (I was 5 yrs old in 1977), and it pretty much defined my childhood. But nowadays I've devoted most of my energy to LotR collectibles because I just think the story is more involving and emotional, and Peter Jackson's films are just better overall. I'll always have a place in heart for the original trilogy and the prequels, but I'm not breaking my neck or my wallet trying to collect all things SW. With that said, I think the Star Wars 12" figures are better than the LotR 12" figures.

I'm only getting LotR. Why does this have to be an us vs them thing?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! I didn't know this was an old thread!

Last edited:
Back