LOTR 12" vs SW 12" - Which do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks! :wave

I'm very excited about the Star Wars line of 12" figures, and I think
they look great overall, with the sculpts and clothing and paint being
pretty much spot-on. I'll be getting all of them at this point.

LOTR on the other hand, just doesn't do it for me so far. Aragorn's
likeness doesn't look like Viggo, but aside from that, I just am not
at all "geeked" over the 12" LOTR figures like I am for Star Wars.
I may get some of the orcs or baddies, but I'm really not interested
in the good guy figures at this point. Orcs and monsters - Yes.
Elves or human figures - not too interested.

I'm just curious if I'm the only one, and if so or if not, which are
you most looking forward to, and why or why not as the case may be?

Do you prefer Star Wars and not LOTR? Why?
Do you prefer LOTR and not Star Wars? Why?
Do you prefer both lines equally, or are
you passing on both of these lines?

JS :confused:

I'll be getting both lines (all of Star Wars and probably all of LotR). I was a Star Wars fan before LotR so there is where my loyalty lies. I love LotR too though.

LOTR and not SW, because i have never collected the SW things thats why i was tempted to buy Anakin but i have friends that i know that when you enter to the dark side you cant leave:vader

I'm a fan of both, but I'll only be getting a select few from each line as most of my fun money will be going to the upcoming Angel line. I'd collect every figure from both lines if I had the money though.

What can I say, other than... STAR WARS HAS NO EQUAL!!!

I'm getting every SW figure they put out (exclusive and regular).

As far as LOTR goes. I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'll get as many as I can. Who am I kidding, I'm getting every one of them too. Although mostly only exclusives. No need to double up on most of these.

I like the LOTR movies but probably won't get any (except maybe Gandalf) of the figures. I have grown up with Star Wars (I was 7 when ANH hit the theaters) so I will get all the OT ones and probably most of the PT characters.

wookilar8 said:
What can I say, other than... STAR WARS HAS NO EQUAL!!!

Um I got four words for ya. Lord Of The Rings :D I think it equals SW pretty well not to mention it's got a following over 50 years behind it. :D

That being said. I'm excited over both lines more LOTR than SW but both look great and I will be getting items from each. Now, I'll be more likely to get more LOTR ones than SW just because there are only so many characters from SW that I like as to many from LOTR.

wow. . .. tough question -- i love both, but would probably have to say that sw will be getting more of my $ -- i'm definitely down for the fellowship and maybe a few other characters from lotr, but can't think of may sw characters i'd be able to say no to (other than jar jar -- :) ).

The LOTR line was more exciting to me at first because the trilogy was more entertaining for me than the star wars movies, but then I saw the aragorn sculpt and my enthusiasm has gone down hill. I almost forgot to mark my calendar for this Fri. I have to say, the Star Wars line so far has been 10/10 and looks great, I will likely get all of them. I hope the LOTR line improves or else sideshow will be saving me money.

Hard to say, since LOTR has only released 1 while SW is already at 3. But with that said, the Star Wars line is going really strong...so if given a choice right now, I'd say Star Wars. Hopefully, Sideshow will knock one outta the ballpark on the next outing.

Lets face it: there is hundreds of figures that can be done for both of those 12'' liscence,in a couple of years,people who will have bought everyone of those figures will have invest thousands of dollars in their collection..... its not a bad thing or investment..its just not a path I have decided to take...therefore, I have decided to limit myself to only the Sith lords for Star wars( both in premium format and 12'') and from lotr, I will only buy the 9 members of the fellowship of the ring in 12'' and I wont buy any of the premium format line.So, this week I've cancelled ex Luke,Anakin and Obi-wan.Now, as a sometime completist, I feel better in terms of knowing what my collection will consist of...

And I feel good about knowing I wont have to face all the madness of buying exclusive Boba Fett online....isn't he a little overrated anyway ???? a blind Solo catapult his ass in Sarlaak to meet his doom very easily....

I'm with you, JS. I'll give the LOTR 12" line a try, but I don't like what I'm seeing at the moment, and I already have a pretty sizeable SS/W collection, so I'm almost happy with the LOTR pieces I've got. The 12" figures seem like a poor compensation for the discontinuation of the poly line.

The SW 12" figs look nicer, and have no counterpart in my collection. At the moment, this is where my true alleagiance lies.

It has nothing to do with the relative merits of the one franchise over the other, mind you...

I like both lines and will try to collect both,but money really could be a problem one day!I collect Buffy too and have plans on Angel line....so it could be hard:sick
But maybe one day I will win Mega Million...:wacky then,no problem at all!

Back