LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yea, I use my dvr all the time. It's especialy useful in times like these. Hockey playoff games lots of shows getting ready to end and jsut saving up all the season of 24 to rewatch while waiting for the new season to start

Batty said:
Tom, I asked this in another thread, but I was wondering why you don't have a DVR. This way you could watch it after you get home. I use mine all the time.

Does DVR work with high definition video? My signal is coming out of a high def tuner--would a DVR or Tivo system record hi-def programs?

You need to get the DirecTV Hi-Def DVR to record the Hi-Def signal. They go for about $400.00 with many rebates available off that price. Heck DirecTV are even giving some free to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER customers! Although I think those are just regular DirecTV Plus DVR.

Migwit said:
Is this the site from tonight's Hanso commercial:

www.letyourcompassguideyou.com ?

I got a screen the first time, now I can't get anything unless I'm typing it in wrong.... :confused:
I was able to get in. Here's what I have so far: Make the arrow point a few degrees below East. You'll get another screen superimposed over the compass, click on it and go from there. I'm still playing around with it.

wookilar8 said:
You need to get the DirecTV Hi-Def DVR to record the Hi-Def signal. They go for about $400.00 with many rebates available off that price. Heck DirecTV are even giving some free to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER customers! Although I think those are just regular DirecTV Plus DVR.

Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into picking one of those up...

tomandshell said:
Thanks for the info! I'll have to look into picking one of those up...
Definitely worth checking into. I've had a DVR for about 3 years. I don't know how I'd live without it.

On the Lost front- I read that for next season ABC will not show reruns of episodes during the regular season. Instead it will go on hiatus for about 2 months! :google Probably in January and February. ABC might also move the show to Thursday night. I don't know how much of this is just rumor.

The ABC upfronts were today I think, they are talking about not showing reruns, but doing it like Alias was done this year - 2 sets of straight through episodes.

As for the new website, I got the parchment page once, but can't get it again. Does it go any further?

Also I just spent a lot of time trying to translate the page name:
permissum vestri complector rector vos

You know what it means?

"Let your compasss guide you"

Last edited:
I noticed during the Hanso commercial tonight that down in the corner it said it was sponsored by Jeep. I went to the Jeep website, and wouldn't you know, "Let your compass guide you" is one of their taglines. A bit of product placement I guess.

Dave, you can go past the parchment page. Move you mouse slowly until it comes up, then click on it. The page changes and you're asked if you're one of the good ones. Answer "yes" and you'll get a Parent Directory of names. Click on Hanso's name for some weird stuff! That's all I've found for now.

I got in!

When the compass appears, go a few degrees below E and click. The screen changes and a sub-screen appears and asks if you are one of the good ones? Type N and enter. This will take you to the Hanso Foundation site... full of crazy information on improving "wellness for the world".

Its awesome...with its creepy music.

No, but I'll try.

Here's some weird stuff:

Look up "Bad Twin" -- the book written by Gary Troup, victim of flight 815 air disaster, that is now for sale. Tha Hanso site has a warning about it.

Also, when you leave the site, the music continues to play...which is a little annoying.

But this is a masterful use of cross-promotion!

Great episode last night. I am really happy we finally saw Walt...

Next week looks very promising.

I am kinda bummed out thou, after next week...24 and LOST both, will be done sfor the season.

Here's the latest I've found:

Go to Hugh McIntyre at the Hanso site. Type in "the mouthpiece" to login. Click the highlighted area that appears and watch the video. After a few seconds click on the screen. Credit cards, pills and jewelry start to fall down the screen. Click on them as they fall.

https://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=bios

Next season, Lost will start up around October and go for seven weeks with no interruptions, and then start up again around March and go straight through until the end of May with no repeats. Of course, that means three months of winter with no new Lost--a new show will be airing in its time slot during the "intermission."

Personally I hate it when they do that, its even worse than the repeats. It seems like a good way to lose viewers too, people may be irked at reruns now and then (or now and now as the case can be with lost), but nothing at all may cause people to watch something else during that time and possibly not switch back. I may very well be one of them.

Back