Lord of the Rings Premium Format - Finish the Fellowship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekly Ask Sideshow Update:

I just had a chance to use the Ask Sideshow Feature to inquire about the missing Lord of the Rings Premium Format figures, and I try to keep it positive.

I asked if Merry and Pippin might come in part of an Elven boat with the exclusive being some Lembas Bread

I asked if Boromir might be a companion to the Lurtz piece at Amon Hen, and maybe he could come with Removable Orc Arrows from when he rescues the hobbits.

I asked if Gimli might be on the production radar for the Premium Format line soon. (I am running out of ideas with Gimli, as I have asked about locations, swappable weapons, alternate portraits, but Gimli doesn't change too much throughout the Trilogy!)

I asked if Sam might come with an alternate set of hands with his pans to smash orcs, or a dented orc helmet from the Balin's tomb sequence.

Thanks everyone!!

If I may speak directly to Sideshow, if ever there was a set of figures that will guarantee you sales it's the remaining members of the Fellowship in Premium Format. And :yess: we WILL buy Hobbits :lecture !

Even if it is your intention to finish the Fellowship in the maquette line, you've already gotten a good start with Frodo, Aragorn, Legolas and Gandalf in PF... that's nearly1/2 the way to the end. You can do this and there are plenty of buyers who want you to :family !

Last edited:
Time for my weekly "Ask Sideshow" update:

Premium Format Boromir:
I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format figures, and I was wondering if Boromir might come with swappable cloaks, as both his traveling cloak and his elven cloak are pretty iconic! Thanks!

Premium Format Gimli:
I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format after Gandalf ships soon, and I was wondering if Gimli might come with alternate portraits, one with his helmet on and one without? Thanks!!

Premium Format Sam:
I am eagerly looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium format figures. Gollum is on the horizon, but we could use more short statured characters in the near future. Sam would make a great display piece next to Gollum and Frodo. Thanks!

Premium Format Merry and Pippin:

I know hobbit character Premium Formats aren't the fastest sellers, lacking some of the heroic stature of the more action oriented characters. Any chance we might see some combination of hobbits, such as Merry and Pippin, with a value added feature in the Premium Format line, such as a light up "stolen dragon firework" from the fellowship of the ring?

Thanks for your support everyone, and feel free to Ask Sideshow about the rest of the Fellowship in Premium Format. I think we'll notice their absence all the more once Gandalf ships soon!

I didn't get to run my usual "Ask Sideshow" questiosn last week, as I was away from home with no internet, but I did ask them this morning. It was pretty much the same question over and over, with a change out for the particular characters of Sam, Merry and Pippin, Gimli and Boromir.

I let Sideshow know that I just received my Gandalf Premium Format, and I was thrilled with how he turned out, but now we need a complete fellowship more than ever! I asked if they would be making any of the above characters any time soon, one question per character so that the answers might be less vague.

Thanks again for all of the support everyone, and remember to use the Ask Sideshow button on their site to let them know that you want a complete PF fellowship!

I may be too busy to ASk Sideshow tomorrow, so I am using some of my lunch break to ask about the missing Fellowship members today.

Boromir:
I am looking forward to the Gollum and Mordor Orc that have been teased, but I am really looking forward to more heroes in this line. Any news on a Boromir Premium Format any time soon?

Gimli:
I love my Aragorn and Legolas Premium Format figures, but it would be great to reuinte the three hunters. Typical of of Gimli to bring up the rear, but when might we see him on the horizon?

Merry and Pippin:
The upcoming Gollum Premium Format looks great, but how about some other shorter stature characters? Merry and Pippin have been under-represented and sorely need a Premium Format figure.

Samwise:

I am intrigued by the upcoming Mordor Orc figure, and Sauron's evil minions need representation, but what about Samwise the Brave as a Premium Format too? He fought many Mordor Orcs to rescue Frodo from the tower of Cirith Ungol!

This is getting challenging to come up with new ways to ask these questions every week, but I won't stop until we get some answers (and I probably won't stop until we get some pre-orders!!!)

Thanks for the support everyone!

I may be too busy to ASk Sideshow tomorrow, so I am using some of my lunch break to ask about the missing Fellowship members today.

Samwise:

I am intrigued by the upcoming Mordor Orc figure, and Sauron's evil minions need representation, but what about Samwise the Brave as a Premium Format too? He fought many Mordor Orcs to rescue Frodo from the tower of Cirith Ungol!

This is getting challenging to come up with new ways to ask these questions every week, but I won't stop until we get some answers (and I probably won't stop until we get some pre-orders!!!)

Thanks for the support everyone!
Samwise the Brave!........must have Samwise the Brave in PF !!!

Gimme, Gimme Gimme :impatient: :exactly:
x :wave

Here are my weekly questions to Sideshow, and if you are interested in the rest of the fellowship, please be sure to ask them too!

Merry and Pippin:
Hi to everyone at Sideshow! I am still stunned at how great Gandalf caem out as a Premium Format figure, and I was wondering if you might know when his favorite two hobbits, Merry and Pippin might be making an appearance in the Premium Format line. Thanks!

Samwise Gamgee:
I am loving the Premium Format line for Lord of the Rings more and more with each fellowship member that gets produced, but we are still missing one of the biggest heroes of the story: Samwise Gamgee!!! When might we see this brave gardener make a premium format appearance?

Boromir:

With the addition of Gandalf, the Premium Format line keeps getting better and better. We could use another representative from the race of men though. Any idea when Boromir might be coming? And will he have his fur-lined travel cloak?

Gimli:
The Premium Format line for Lord of the Rings has become an amazing collection of Wizards, Elves, Orcs and Uruk Hai, but we still haven't seen a dwarf yet. When might we see Gimli make an appearance to better represent all of the races of Middle Earth?

Thanks everyone for the continued support, and I'll be asking questions at Sideshow again next week!!

Time again for my weekly barrage of questions to Sideshow regarding the missing members of the Premium Format line:

Boromir
Hi, it's been awhile since Sideshow has been answering questions, but I hope it is because we have so many good answers to our questions coming!!! When might we see the next member of the Fellowship in the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line? Boromir would make a great addition to the line!

Gimli
I am eagerly looking forward to the next Lord of the Rings premium format figure, but I hope that you don't overlook the height challenged characters from the films. Gimli may be short in stature, but a premium fomrat figure would be bursting with personality. An alternate portrait without his helmet and his hair down would be great!

Sam:
My Frodo Premium Format is still missing the most vital member of the Fellowship. When might we see Sam Gamgee join the line? To quote Frodo "I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam."

Merry and Pippin:
The more typically heroic characters of the Lord of the Rings line have been covered well in the Premium Format series, but some the the more atypical heroes have yet to be given their due. Might we get some news on Merry and Pippin as part of the line? They could be displayed nicely together, heck even on the same display base!!!

Keep up the fight Seaward... you're an army of one speaking for thousands... I for one will buy every PF you're petitioning for...:yess:

I'll keep asking every week, but the more of us that Ask Sideshow, the more that they will understand our purchasing dollars will be used for a complete Premium Format Fellowship!!

I wonder if the "Ask Sideshow" function still works though, they haven't answered questions since the start of August!:impatient:

Hi everyone,

Here is my weekly update with my Ask Sideshow Assault. As always, please take a moment to ask your own questions if you have a chance to help illustrate your want for a complete PF Fellowship with Sideshow!!

Gimli:
I was wondering if we might see Gimli as a Premium Format with some variety to the axes he can hold. Gimli was a well-armed dwarf after all! Looking forward to more LOTR Premium Format figures, thanks!!

Boromir:
I am really looking forward to seeing Boromir in the LOTR Premium Format line, as he will make a great display with either Lurtz or the rest of the fellowship. Do you know when we might see this brave Gondorian in the Premium Format line?

Merry and Pippin:
I love my Premium Format Lord of the Rings Collection, but I have one complaint: They are all so tall!!! We need more hobbits to round out the line, and Merry and Pippin would make ideal candidates to have two figures in one offering to restore some balance ot the line! Thanks!

Samwise the Brave:
With the recent announcement that the Hobbit has been greenlit with Peter Jackson to direct, don't you think it is time to get the bravest hobbit of all as a Premium Format? Where is Samwise Gamgee?!?!

Hopefully with all of the buzz around the news of the Hobbit going into production, we'll see some resurgance of interest in the Lord of the Rings lines, and the fellowship finally finds completion in the Premium Format line!

Since it looks like Sideshow is doing a bunch of Q&A this week, I thought it best to put these questions back up to the top of their pile and hopefully we'll get some answers this week!

Merry and Pippin:
Hi Sideshow, Thanks for the amazing Gollum Premium Format! I've placed my order and can't wait for him to ship. Any chance we'll see other shorter stature characters with similarly large display bases, like Merry and Pippin?

Gimli:
The upcoming Gollum Premium Format looks amazing! Thanks for the continued support for the Lord of the Rings line in this scale. Do you know when we might see Gimli in the Premium Format line? He may want to take a swing at some of Gollum's rocks with his axe!

Boromir:
Gollum makes a great villianous addition to the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line, and I hope we can see a some of the missing fellowship heroes soon. Do you know when Boromir might make an appearance as a Premium Format figure?

Sam:
Sideshow, the Gollum Premium Format looks amazing, but I think that it would be great to get the one other character that spent most of the journey with Frodo and Gollum to Mount Doom. We need a Sam Premium Format!

Hopefully we'll get some positive responses during spooktacular this week!

In the latest Q&A SS confirmed that the diorama and LSB lines where on hold as they move forward with the PF and new statue line.

Thanks for the update Bullseye! I still hope we might see some more concrete responses regarding the remaining fellowship members!

Weekly update time:

Sam:
Looking forward to the upcoming Gollum Premium Format figure, but it would be great to have Samwise Gamgee to display with Gollum and Frodo. Any chance we'll be seeing him in the future?

Merry and Pippin:
Due to the small size of Gollum, it is nice to see him come with a bit more base and display than other Premium Format figures. Merry and Pippin would be great to get a similar Premium Format treatment, maybe nestled in Treebeard's branches, or on the back of an Uruk Hai?

Boromir:
the upcoming Gollum PF looks great, and the sneak peek at the Mordor Orc looks promising, but when will the line return to the heroes of the Fellowship? I know Boromir is on the horizon for the maquette line, but it would be nice to see him in his garb from the Fellowship!!

Gimli:
Aragorn and Legolas look amazing, but my display is still not complete without the last of the three hunters. We have seen a sneak peek of Gimli for the maquette line, but hopefully this doesn't delay him from the Premium Format line too much longer.

Unknown oversized figure:
Previous Sideshow Q&A's have hinted at a larger scale figure pre-ordering in early 2011 for an early 2012 release. Will this be the much-rumoured Horse and Rider (Ringwraith?) or the also heavily rumored Cave Troll?

Let's hope we see an answer on some of these questions soon! Please be sure to take a moment and hit up Sideshow with your own request!

Cheers!

Back