Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better good than early. That's my opinion.

Also, for me, the extended editions are a must. I probably won't be able to resist the temptation of buying the other BD's though...

the last time we watched them it was all three in one day EE's also :duh i think we started around 10 am and with breaks and eating we ended about midnight.:lol
i would never do that again, since it actually kinda dampened my interest in the films. but will be watching them again this winter i'm sure

I know man, even though its hard to believe that a person can have to much LOTR, that definetly becomes the case.

Does anyone remember this scene in the trilogy?

unknownqqtf.jpg

Maybe the Bluray SEE will contain this material additionally. Would be cool!

unknownqqtf.jpg

Maybe the Bluray SEE will contain this material additionally. Would be cool!

no i don't recall that image. now that you mention it, we'll probalby get and extented extended version with the blu-ray release or a special edition blu-ray later with another hour of bonus material per film.:duh OMG. i don't know if that would be a good thing or not:rolleyes:

It somewhat resembles the scene ,"where is the horse and the rider," but it does look differnent because I do have a photogenic memory of the entire trilogy.:D

I'm pretty sure that's a pre-production image, it's very similar to a scene in the Internet preview trailer that was released in early 2000. I believe (guess) that this particular scene with the marching army was more like an "art"-test, and perhaps for testing of the Massive software.

I actually still get goosebumps when watching this trailer. It was the very first moving images that were released from the filming. This trailer convinced me that the movies would at least look good :D

Strangely enough this trailer has not been included on any of the DVD releases, not even as an Easter egg... Perhaps they think it contains clips to differnt to how the actual movies. Anyhow, it can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZ8dEfVUaI&fmt=6

Edit: Found the trailer the image comes from, not the best quality though, I'm sure there's a better one somewhere but I'm too lazy. I think it was the first official trailer for The Fellowship of the Ring and it still contains a few pre-production clips and short snippets of things that were not used in the final cut(s).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki6jbSbXIY&fmt=6

The thing I hope will get "restored" into the first movie on blu-ray is the battle the fellowship has with the Moria orcs after they leave Moria and enters Lothlorien, it's all to noticeble in the EE that there's something missing... Clip of this battle has been included in some of the trailers, I think one is in this trailer ~ @ 2.20, Legolas firing an arrow.

Last edited:
definately the Urak Hai scene is from an earlier released trailer that im sure was on the LOTR standard dvd.
I too would like to see the scenes where the Fellowship are being chased into the woods by the Moria orcs!!!that scene in the book was awesome and very suspenseful....and from the trailers u know they filmed that scene cause of the Legolas turning around and firing arrows off into the woods!!

Here is more info about the April Release:

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61612

lotrbluray.jpg

:chew

On April 13, 2010, renowned animator Ralph Bakshi’s literal adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy trilogy, The Lord of the Rings animated version will be released in an all-new Deluxe Edition on Blu-ray Disc for the first time and newly remastered with new Dolby 5.1 audio and newly created extra content.

Additionally, Warner Bros. Consumer Products has teamed up with top licensees Games Workshop Ltd., Tonner Doll Company, Inc., Sideshow Collectibles, The Noble Collection, WETA, Pez Candy, Funko, LLC, Bioworld Merchandising Inc. and WMS Gaming to create an array of merchandise supporting The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, including apparel and accessories, novelties and collectibles, stationery and paper goods, toys and games.

Woot!!!!!! :banana

Woot!!!!!! :banana

On April 13, 2010, renowned animator Ralph Bakshi’s literal adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy trilogy, The Lord of the Rings animated version will be released in an all-new Deluxe Edition on Blu-ray Disc for the first time and newly remastered with new Dolby 5.1 audio and newly created extra content.

Additionally, Warner Bros. Consumer Products has teamed up with top licensees Games Workshop Ltd., Tonner Doll Company, Inc., Sideshow Collectibles, The Noble Collection, WETA, Pez Candy, Funko, LLC, Bioworld Merchandising Inc. and WMS Gaming to create an array of merchandise supporting The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, including apparel and accessories, novelties and collectibles, stationery and paper goods, toys and games.

Woot!!!!!! :lol

If they are doing a blu-ray version it really should include the Rankin/Bass version of Return of the King since the Bakshi Lord of the Rings is only Fellowship and Two Towers. :lecture

hate the intentional double dipping.
Will keep waiting for the EE's.

Back