Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has become the new Lucas.
bf-outsmiley.gif

exactly...i got suckered with the DVDs and the extended cuts. i will NOT fall for this again. i've learned this lesson with the star wars releases...NEVER buy the first release....you know they are just gonna milk it with re-releases a year or so later.

EXactly! Evil Dead, anyone?? Halloween?? and there are probably a hundred more..

Who watches these cuts anymore?!? Nobody, & I mean no-bod-y, who is a real LOTR fan watches these made-for-television edits anymore. This debate ended over 4 years ago. C'mon, man, are you kiddin' me?!

Yes of course, this is a blantant money-grab release from New Line, but can you blame them? That's what evil companies are suppose to do. First, try & fool the rubes at Walmart & nice little ole grandmas when they're buying Christmas gifts for their kids into thinking these are the REAL versions of the movies. Secondly, continually try to screw the director & writer out of the back profits they're justly due, then alienate them so they're reluctant to work on a billion $ project like the Hobbit. Ya know, just an average day running a studio in Hollywood. I don't believe Jackson & "common-law" woulda even signed up to write it if Ordesky & those other ass-clowns hadn't been run-out of New Line.

On the otherhand I don't get why Peter would holdout until 2011 for an EE (aka "true") release. Marketing tie-ins with the Hobbit aside, the only thing I can think of is that he would want to go back in & re-do Gollum in FOTR and/or possibly insert whoever gets cast as Bilbo into the prelude flashbacks.

On that detour, my money is still on Jim McAvoy getting the part. (Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead & call him "Jim" because I'm a back-slapper kinda guy.) He's had really good turns the last couple of years in movies like, Wanted (held own against most popular actress/sex symbol in the world), Atonement (held own against most annoyingly pouty-pussed faced actress in the world), & Last King of Scotland (held own against a very crazed, very sweaty actor who ended up winning the Oscar).

Other than that, I guess I don't have an opinion on the matter either way. End of rant...:peace

Who watches these cuts anymore?!? Nobody, & I mean no-bod-y, who is a real LOTR fan watches these made-for-television edits anymore. This debate ended over 4 years ago. C'mon, man, are you kiddin' me?!

Yes of course, this is a blantant money-grab release from New Line, but can you blame them? That's what evil companies are suppose to do. First, try & fool the rubes at Walmart & nice little ole grandmas when they're buying Christmas gifts for their kids into thinking these are the REAL versions of the movies. Secondly, continually try to screw the director & writer out of the back profits they're justly due, then alienate them so they're reluctant to work on a billion $ project like the Hobbit. Ya know, just an average day running a studio in Hollywood. I don't believe Jackson & "common-law" woulda even signed up to write it if Ordesky & those other ass-clowns hadn't been run-out of New Line.

On the otherhand I don't get why Peter would holdout until 2011 for an EE (aka "true") release. Marketing tie-ins with the Hobbit aside, the only thing I can think of is that he would want to go back in & re-do Gollum in FOTR and/or possibly insert whoever gets cast as Bilbo into the prelude flashbacks.

On that detour, my money is still on Jim McAvoy getting the part. (Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead & call him "Jim" because I'm a back-slapper kinda guy.) He's had really good turns the last couple of years in movies like, Wanted (held own against most popular actress/sex symbol in the world), Atonement (held own against most annoyingly pouty-pussed faced actress in the world), & Last King of Scotland (held own against a very crazed, very sweaty actor who ended up winning the Oscar).

Other than that, I guess I don't have an opinion on the matter either way. End of rant...:peace
IF......and I doubt it......Jackson redoes anything (pulls a Lucas) I will stick to my EE DVDs.

I am expecting MORE than just EE man! There should some new collectibles too! As I have mentioned way back, it should be a limited edition super-box set... with all the extensions - especially the premiere of ROTK in Welliington! Whatever footage they have ever filmed for the tour! Bring it on! :banana

I know that PJ has been saving the bloopers/outtakes for an eventual high def release. I'm looking forward to seeing that stuff one day.

... and more, the only reason I bought the release of the Theatrical/EE discs that came out a few years back was for the new extras; I am a sucker for them.

:drool

... and more, the only reason I bought the release of the Theatrical/EE discs that came out a few years back was for the new extras; I am a sucker for them.

If he knows there are going to more of us who are so crazy over these, he may end up releasing several versions... each containing different content... just like how microsoft did for its versions of Vista... hopefully he is not like that..

I am too. I'm thinking about getting those versions myself for the extras.

Back