Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, but to start with, New Line don't actually exist anymore and even if it does happen, I'm not buying theatrical versions. I didn't on DVD and won't on Blu-ray. So that delays any Blu-ray player purchase, that and the silly cost of the disc's anyway.

Interesting, but to start with, New Line don't actually exist anymore and even if it does happen, I'm not buying theatrical versions. I didn't on DVD and won't on Blu-ray. So that delays any Blu-ray player purchase, that and the silly cost of the disc's anyway.

New Line does somewhat exist, they're still in control of past projects and licenses but there won't be any new films under New Line Cinema.

EE all the way.:cool:

Have both the original and EE on DVD and cant believe some of you guys could go with waiting so long for the EE's to come out.How many years was it?

You just gotta get your regular fill of LOTR although the original cuts no longer see the light of day.:D

I'll be waiting for the EEs too.

Honestly? It's difficult for me to watch the original cuts. I don't have them on DVD either...

The only thing I prefer in the theatrical cuts is in FOTR when they transition from the prologue to Gandalf arriving in The Shire. It just flows better for me, especially the music.

I sold my theatrical versions when I got the EE. But I do miss them occassionally, its just so long.

I can't wait for an Ultimate Collection so I am going to get the Theatrical cuts. Anyways, I was not a fan of the Two Towers EE, but the other two are must haves.

I have to admit, even though the extended cuts are far superior, and I want to just wait for this 'ultimate edition', I know i'm just going to be weak and break down and buy these versions as soon as I see them in the shops :eek:

I'll wait for the Ultimate Edition BDs with all the extended versions. I'll just have to suck it up and keep watching my low quality DVDs for now. I might rent the theatrical versions just so I can marvel at the films in high def. Imagine what the Balrog will look like on HD sets with 120hz motion enhancement :naughty

Actually I believe it is Jackson who is holding back the extended cut. He has become the new Lucas.

Actually I believe it is Jackson who is holding back the extended cut. He has become the new Lucas.

It is Jackson, but he's said it's so he can oversee their production personally, but because he's tied up with the Hobbit he can't devote the time to them he wants.

He did say there's going to be some new stuff that he held back from the previous releases too because he knew Blu-Ray was coming

Back