Looks like Diamond Select Toys has INDY as well...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*shudder* thank the maker for Sideshow...

This thing makes the Hasbro one look like a high-end figure...

I have a bad feeling that we're seeing a little of the TPM syndrome here...everyone with a factory in China being granted a license to produce something from this property...flooding the market with TONS of crap...can the "applause" figures be far behind? Where's the talking bank? :lol

That kung-fu hand is more compelling evidence that DST is indeed using the pre-existing Bruce Lee body that Art Asylum developed. It's no wonder the price point is so low on these.

Good point, I figured it was the Lee body... no way DST would develop something that nice. But the hand is a kung-fu one isn't it :lol Oh man, they are so lame :rolleyes:

diamondindianasz4.jpg

monkeys-paw.jpg

I like how he is wearing his bag like a purse. And what is that thing hanging off of his backside? I am assuming it is a scabbard or something...it can't be his whip...maybe it's a tail? Also, that hat looks like the one that came with Johnny West back in the day. Come to think of it, the headsculpt almost looks ike Johnny West too ;-) I guess this is the reason Diamond Select didn't allow photography at Toyfair. Hopefully, these are just mock ups and the real thing will be better.

Diamond is horrible, the company is trash and so are the products they make. Quality over quantity any day.

Looks pretty similar, but with some smoothing down of features and an added wrist cut. Do you know if that Lee pictured is a production piece or a prototype?

DSC_0516.JPG
bruce.jpg

No they are a bit different, notice cut mid forearm on the new and no cut mid forearm on Lee. Also you an tell the sculpting (pretty sure) is a bit deeper on Lee's abs and more definition of his neck muscles, could be a paint effect, but it looks like sculpting is a bit different as well.

But that's why I asked if the Lee was a proto or production piece as those are details that could easily have changed. Although clearly if not exactly the same, they are related products. And it makes sense since DST took over Art Asylums lines.

I hope so, no kung-fu/palsy grip needed on these guys :lol And to me what's funny is they show it on every figure so far... wtf?!?

i hope someone told em that making new sets of hands is far cheaper than building a whole new body. still, once i get sideshow Indy, i won't need any other Indy collectable.

Yeah, the 18" talking version just doesn't do it for me. But I'm sure it will make some people happy.

Back