Logan (New Wolverine movie March 3rd 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be a huge mistake to make another prequel set in the 90’s. Also Simon Kinberg needs to go.

Josh Boone's New Mutants will most probably be a 90s film. Same goes for the next team X-Men film and Gambit.

Kinberg isn't the problem. The biggest problem with Apocalypse was the budget. Singer, Kinberg, Dougherty & Harris set out to make the biggest, most ambitious X-Men movie of all time. Then FOX told them they'd have to do it with $100 Million less than what they got for DOFP.

What I wish Singer had done was shelved Apocalypse for later and done something smaller like a Mutant Massacre movie with Sinister as the villain.

Josh Boone's New Mutants will most probably be a 90s film. Same goes for the next team X-Men film and Gambit.

Kinberg isn't the problem. The biggest problem with Apocalypse was the budget. Singer, Kinberg, Dougherty & Harris set out to make the biggest, most ambitious X-Men movie of all time. Then FOX told them they'd have to do it with $100 Million less than what they got for DOFP.

What I wish Singer had done was shelved Apocalypse for later and done something smaller like a Mutant Massacre movie with Sinister as the villain.

Kinberg just has a horrible track record. I think DOFP was actually the only good movie he's written, and a ton of work was already complete when it was Vaughn and his team working on the film.

Agree with you on Apocalypse, they should have built up to him instead of introducing and killing him off in one film. But I was never a major fan of the character anyway.

I mean am I reading that correctly, fans want Wolverine to be responsible for the murders of the X-Men in this movie, by his hands no less?

How would they even begin to erase-reverse that, they can't follow the comics due to licensing reasons.

Would it be another time travel fiasco again?

I'm confused here.

I mean am I reading that correctly, fans want Wolverine to be responsible for the murders of the X-Men in this movie, by his hands no less?

It was the major event in OML that pretty much destroyed Wolvie's desire for heroism. It retired him and broke his spirit.

How would they even begin to erase-reverse that, they can't follow the comics due to licensing reasons.

Would it be another time travel fiasco again?

I'm confused here.

Time travel is very common in Marvel lore, but its not necessarily where FOX has to go with this given that the core X-Men series is currently set in the 90s & The Deadpool franchise takes place in present-day where the X-Men would still be alive.

Can we just have a movie that follows the formula of say xmen evolution? Xmen vs brotherhood? I'm tired of all these make this xmen the bad guy and have the villains always team up. Let's have a mutant v mutant face off for once. Not like x3 tho.

Can we just have a movie that follows the formula of say xmen evolution? Xmen vs brotherhood? I'm tired of all these make this xmen the bad guy and have the villains always team up. Let's have a mutant v mutant face off for once. Not like x3 tho.

This isn't an X-Men film. Its a hard 'R' Wolverine film like the Marvel Knights Wolverine comics of the 2000s and OML.

I hope Fox's definition of an R rated superhero movie is not the same as WB.

BvS extended R cut was still PG-13 for me.

Was Deadpool R just for the cursing, seems so.

Netflix is handling the R rating the best so far.

I hope Fox's definition of an R rated superhero movie is not the same as WB.

BvS extended R cut was still PG-13 for me.

Agreed. Didn't need an 'R'.

Was Deadpool R just for the cursing, seems so.

Sex and graphic violence. Those are the things the MPAA "restricts". Deadpool had both plus the language.

Netflix is handling the R rating the best so far.

Agreed, though the lack of nudity is dumb. When two people are going at it its odd for the woman to keep her shirt on. JJ should have been topless every time she hooked up with Cage.

Professor X golden shower?

yXVc78r.jpg

Back