Logan (New Wolverine movie March 3rd 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLJ got nominated?
Can we change the thread title? :lol
I only looked to see if Guillermo Del Toro got a nom. Hopefully he wins and can accept without Padme stomping on everyone’s balls.

Ghost in the Shell should have gotten a VFX nom over Kong. Her invisibility suit and removable skin panels were much more impressive than just more CG beasts.

No doubt they were blinded because Kong is just a better actor than ScarJo.

Was GitS worth watching?

Was GitS worth watching?

It's basically a less brutal RoboCop remake with some overlap in production design with BR 2049. Overall I'd say it was just "okay," I saw it once in 3D IMAX and then again recently at home. I found it a bit boring to be honest (which is funny since its an hour shorter than BR 2049 which is anything *but* boring) but it I'd still say that the good (barely) outweighed the bad.

Very happy to see Logan break the ceiling for the CBM genre in landing an Academy Award Nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay.

Goes to show the freedom Mangold had via FOX allowed a Neo-Western starring Wolverine to transcend in a genre where very few films do.

The CBM evolved today via Logan.
lmao this guy thinks the oscars are important. classic SNIKT, hates everything cookie cutter about Hollywood accept for it’s cookie cutter award show. :dunno

also, Logan wouldn’t exist without B.B./TDK, so keep your hugh boner tucked.

Great comic movie. But if you're being honest, probably not in worth mentioning in the same breath as other critical darlings that were made last year. EF is right, though. Oscars don't mean ****.

Yes awards or not Logan didn't really break any new ground past TDK.

Most of the best picture nominees didn't break any new ground either :lol Still, Logan is a good film and better than The Post or Get Out and Dunkirk, imo.

I'm glad it got a screenplay nomination. That's a big step for superhero films.

Very happy to see Logan break the ceiling for the CBM genre in landing an Academy Award Nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay.

Goes to show the freedom Mangold had via FOX allowed a Neo-Western starring Wolverine to transcend in a genre where very few films do.

Hey, you're back. :wave

Yes awards or not Logan didn't really break any new ground past TDK.

Not true. No other CBM has ever been Nominated for its story content before. TDK only got technical Nominations, Cinematography being the highlight.

This is the first time the Academy recognizes a CBM as serious cinematic content.

It's a historic moment for the CBM genre. Best Picture is the next step.

th.jpg
Not true. No other CBM has ever been Nominated for its story content before. TDK only got technical Nominations, Cinematography being the highlight.

This is the first time the Academy recognizes a CBM as serious cinematic content.

It's a historic moment for the CBM genre. Best Picture is the next step.

If TDK and Logan didn't even get a nomination for Best Picture I don't think a CBM ever will....unless it's the type of CBM that doesn't involve superheroes as such.

If TDK and Logan didn't even get a nomination for Best Picture I don't think a CBM ever will....unless it's the type of CBM that doesn't involve superheroes as such.

Best Picture will happen eventually. Just not from Marvel Studios.

I like Logan a lot but can’t think of a particularly award-worthy scene, or series of scenes. The dialogue is...good. :dunno

I think Jackman’s performance is what elevates it.

2019 academy awards.

An the award for best picture goes to.
Opens envelope

ANTMAN AND WASP!!!!!

Everyone knows that the Academy increased the number of potential BP nominees to 10 starting in 2009 solely due to the fact that TDK was snubbed. Logan's adapted screenplay nom is small potatoes compared to that.

Everyone knows that the Academy increased the number of potential BP nominees to 10 starting in 2009 solely due to the fact that TDK was snubbed. Logan's adapted screenplay nom is small potatoes compared to that.

I don't think that's official though. It's just a rumor or an assumption, but I don't think TDK can get the credit for that, since movies like LOTR won for best picture. Logan has an official nomination in a category that no other superhero film has been recognized before, so IMO, official nomination >>> TDK rumor.

Besides, even it were true that the increase of best movie nominations was as a reaction to TDK, it still had no impact on the genre, since no superhero film has been nominated for best picture. TDK has accomplished nothing in that regard. Logan's nomination might be a big step moving forward for other cape films getting nominations outside of the technical categories.

Back