Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If XM were doing this Lobo people would be losing their minds over him.

Maybe, but as someone that really only likes fully sculpted pieces, even I have to admit the mixed media of this piece is just fantastic... I guess if they aren't wearing PJ's I'm actually OK with it :)

Maybe, but as someone that really only likes fully sculpted pieces, even I have to admit the mixed media of this piece is just fantastic... I guess if they aren't wearing PJ's I'm actually OK with it :)

This is DEFINITELY a case where the mixed media truly sets this piece off and makes it special. I'm a fully sculpted fan myself but I couldn't imagine this piece getting made any other way. It just looks perfect with the mixed media.

For fear of bringing up a dead point from 80 pages ago (way too lazy to go through every page of this 165 page thread), is anyone concerned that this weighs 20 lbs? Given the size of this guy...I mean the Batman Arkham Asylum weighs 30 lbs. Really on the fence with this......

If this guy shows up and is hollow or made of some perceived less than desirable material I feel we'll hear who cares then. Normally, I couldn't care less but for some reason on this one I noticed.

For fear of bringing up a dead point from 80 pages ago (way too lazy to go through every page of this 165 page thread), is anyone concerned that this weighs 20 lbs? Given the size of this guy...I mean the Batman Arkham Asylum weighs 30 lbs. Really on the fence with this......

This is a common theme with SSC. Especially the larger characters. They are all pretty much going to be mostly hollow. So far, I've only seen one eggshell piece that possibly suffered because of it. The Rhino COM had tons of QC issues. Lots of cracks reported on that piece. Luckily because of the way that Rhino's hide was textured, it was easily hidden. Some Peeps here even were kind enough to come up with a cheap solution to the problem. However, since Rhino, I haven't really heard of too many peeps complain about that issue. There have been plenty of other eggshell pieces released since then and none of them have come under fire like the Rhino COM did.

I actually own the EX Apocalypse PF. It's a massive piece and draws a ton of attention from my friends and family. It's almost completely hollow. Even the head sculpt is as light as a feather. That said, it looks incredible and no one has asked me how heavy he is. The problem for me personally is that a piece feels cheap when it's hollow. I can't say that it doesn't bother me that almost all of my other SSC pieces weigh more than Apocalypse. I guess my biggest issue is that I'm paying $600 for pieces like Apoc, Lobo, and Darkseid but receive less statue for my money when recent $400 PFs I own are heavier than them.

In the end it's really SSC's pricing of these eggshell pieces that upset me. However, I hear I have XM to blame for that so I'll let SSC off the hook. :lol (don't worry if you don't understand my last sentence, it's an inside joke)

Last edited:
If this guy shows up and is hollow or made of some perceived less than desirable material I feel we'll hear who cares then. Normally, I couldn't care less but for some reason on this one I noticed.

Very valid point.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of this WAS "hollow" to some extent. They wouldn't make anything too thin though as that would increase the risk of breakages.

It had better be polystone and not plastic!

Guess we'll see once they start getting into peoples hands.

Does it really weigh 35lbs as listed on the SS website? It's hard to imagine it's completely hollow and still weighs that much.

If that's true, a completely solid version would weight, what, 90+ lbs... yikes!

I actually own the EX Apocalypse PF. It's a massive piece and draws a ton of attention from my friends and family. It's almost completely hollow. Even the head sculpt is as light as a feather.

I don't mind hollow which is the way now. But I don't like the rising prices with cheaper materials. If the cost can be less I would be most fine with hollow. One thing for sure is I don't have to worry about the weight taking down my Home Depot racks.

Like I said, most of the time I couldn't care less about the weight of a piece. I don't walk around my house carrying my statues. I think this piece looks amazing in proto and hope it comes off the same. Being on the fence is probably the only reason I even noticed the wight. Honestly, I just get so sick of all the "demise of Sideshow" talk that happens whenever a piece arrives light and was curious if anyone else had approached the topic with this one.

I have lobo on PO, very excited for this one even though I don't know too much about him. All I know is he's a very cool, guy from the justice league animated series. He was very funny and as strong as suoerman. This guy will be in my collection for sure. Now I need more space. So many big characters coming and SDCC is not even here yet. :gah:

Does it really weigh 35lbs as listed on the SS website? It's hard to imagine it's completely hollow and still weighs that much.

If that's true, a completely solid version would weight, what, 90+ lbs... yikes!
If I remember correctly, the weight is mainly in his legs. The legs are pretty solid. But yeah, he weights about the advertised 35 lbs. Certainly not more. The thing that really struck me was his head. That was super light. None of that takes away from how the piece looks. Apoc is a massive piece. He looks very fierce and imposing.

Back