Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is a different case though, they're using the no NRD to encourage people to grab the extra Dawg here, like the no NRD they did on the Cap 2 PF. They're not getting accurate numbers to predict the ES on I would argue, they've got a particularly expensive set here and they're offering the no NRD thing to try to get more to buy.

This way all the Lobros will be getting him.

I think the no NRD is due to a glitch in their system. This was discussed during the Thor/Frog bundle...their system won't let them collect NRD's for bundled items.

They really wanted to sell as many exclusives as humanly possible. That much is obvious given that they broke up the dog as a separate offering. They could have made the dog the exclusive and charge $750. Only serious Lobo fans would have gotten it and the ES for the EX would be low. Nowadays, Sideshow will not allow that to happen in a million years the same way that a COH will usually be on a regular version or why they won't make an exclusive that people can't live without.

Given that reason and the no NRD for the bundle = High ES.

Lobo looks killer but that price is making me think twice. $700 + shipping on this beast & Dawg is a lot to throw down with no flex pay. No NRD is a plus though. Dammit, I may order and cancel later if I have to. If SS displays a Darkseid PF during SDCC Lobo may not make the cut.

Yeah this is a different case though, they're using the no NRD to encourage people to grab the extra Dawg here, like the no NRD they did on the Cap 2 PF. They're not getting accurate numbers to predict the ES on I would argue, they've got a particularly expensive set here and they're offering the no NRD thing to try to get more to buy.

This way all the Lobros will be getting him.
I get what you're saying, but no one is actually buying anything. They're just making a reservation on something they might buy.

They really wanted to sell as many exclusives as humanly possible. That much is obvious given that they broke up the dog as a separate offering. They could have made the dog the exclusive and charge $750. Only serious Lobo fans would have gotten it and the ES for the EX would be low. Nowadays, Sideshow will not allow that to happen in a million years the same way that a COH will usually be on a regular version or why they won't make an exclusive that people can't live without.

Given that reason and the no NRD for the bundle = High ES.

Yeah but that doesn't make sense either. So they get a higher ES on this piece than they would have with an NRD (as well as being a relatively lesser known character) and they make all those pieces and then they sit in the warehouse. Why do they want more idle stock?

No NRD gets more potential buyers off the fence. SS gets a better gauge of how many statues they can sell. Sure some will cancel not having that commitment of the NRD but if you can't afford it you'll cancel regardless. Look at Iron Patriot...double reward points and no NRD...the ES is 3500. Iron Man 42 has an NRD and I'd guess is more popular, but the ES is 2000.

No NRD gets more potential buyers off the fence. SS gets a better gauge of how many statues they can sell. Sure some will cancel not having that commitment of the NRD but if you can't afford it you'll cancel regardless. Look at Iron Patriot...double reward points and no NRD...the ES is 3500. Iron Man 42 has an NRD and I'd guess is more popular, but the ES is 2000.
They better quadruple the reward points if they want to get rid of all those Iron Patriots in the next three years. I don't want to hear this garbage about how they don't have enough room in their warehouse for my Superman PF because it's filled with a bunch of crap they can't get rid of. All because some idiot thought it would be a good idea to not have NRD's because they thought it might increase sales.

Doesn't it follow then that they're gonna have a warehouse full of Patriots?

Possibly, I don't think theyll sell 3500 IP for a long time given there are multiple Iron Man versions coming and already a War Machine variant of the Iron Patriot announced. It's a speculative game SS is playing. They want an ES that's not to low where they miss sales nor do they want hundreds of unsold stock. Maybe is the sales are down after the ES is set they do batches like they did with the Mythos line. I no longer order until the ES is set and I usually wait until the low quantity alert goes up. People like me who wait until the ES is set leaves SS in the dark on gauging how high to set the ES.

I disagree with SS wanting a 'huge ES' tho - they want an ES they can sell out and still soak up a chunk of the after market value.

Last edited:
man, I'm late tot he reveal party but just saw all the pics and he does look fantastic! but wooo nearly $600 :thud: love the dreadlock sculpt though

Back