• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LIVE.COM discount - Information and Current Rates!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LIVE.COM discount at 30% now guys!

Honestly, I have no idea. I believe back when you were only allowed 3 purchases that I tried making another and it told me after hitting "Buy it Now" but before confirming that I was not eligible. So you could try doing that to see if it says anything, but there's no guarantee.

Oh good point! So it should warn me before committing that it won't be eligible. or say nothing about a cashback at all if its not valid. I'll try that. Thanks!

And I did just find out that it is still limited to 12 purchases. I found a whole new set of guideline for Ebay "cashbash" that's separate from the normal cashback program. (Apparently, Ebay has their own rules for this.)

I thought you've already used the live cashback thing and received money back after 60 days?? From my understanding all purchases are eligible for cashback after 60 days. Today I just crossed the 60 day mark for a couple purchases, and I have to wait 7 days for the funds to hit my paypal account...... :banana

I just got money back today too. :chew

You still do receive money after 60 days, but apparently something has changed where now many purchases are eligible for immediate cashback. :confused: I'm still a little confused myself. I bought two things about 4 -5 days ago, and one piece I got immediate cashback. On the other, I did not.

I think the culprit in my case was the seller toynk (yeah I know all about them, but they had the best deal on Ryu..) so the ebay rep did some override on the system, so it looks like I will get it!

I think the culprit in my case was the seller toynk (yeah I know all about them, but they had the best deal on Ryu..) so the ebay rep did some override on the system, so it looks like I will get it!

Why would the seller affect if you're eligible for cashback or not?

because they have (an ebay approved) third party checkout. The other thing is that the seller has a flaky history for some, even though I've had two perfect transactions with them.

because they have (an ebay approved) third party checkout. The other thing is that the seller has a flaky history for some, even though I've had two perfect transactions with them.

Oh, now I see. I had an issue with that in the past too. The seller used Andale and I had to have him relist it.

Toynk's problem is that they sell thousands of items per minute, and their customer service is non-existent, from what I've heard. Only because Jerry M. has endorsed them as one of his three partners, and they had the best price on Ryu, I went for it. Either way I paid with my credit card should any trouble arise. But yeah, avoid toynk if you can.

Toynk's problem is that they sell thousands of items per minute, and their customer service is non-existent, from what I've heard. Only because Jerry M. has endorsed them as one of his three partners, and they had the best price on Ryu, I went for it. Either way I paid with my credit card should any trouble arise. But yeah, avoid toynk if you can.

Thanks for the advice!

I was told to wait the 48 hours, so who knows. That ebay rep seemed to be very much on my side, so I'm confident things will go my way.

Hmm, what else should I buy? :monkey5

How many accounts do you guys have?

So I just made a purchase. For those of you who got the cashback "immediately," define how quick you got it? One hour after paying with Paypal? 2 hours? 12 hours?

I just purchased and paid, so I'm wondering how long I should give it. I got an email that says I'm eligible for the cashback, but nothing more.

So I just made a purchase. For those of you who got the cashback "immediately," define how quick you got it? One hour after paying with Paypal? 2 hours? 12 hours?

I just purchased and paid, so I'm wondering how long I should give it. I got an email that says I'm eligible for the cashback, but nothing more.

Check your cashback account. If it shows pending there you will have to wait. With the immediate ones I received an email saying that microsoft sent the payment to my paypal account and I had to go in and accept the payment. I got the email immediately after making my payment.

Check your cashback account. If it shows pending there you will have to wait. With the immediate ones I received an email saying that microsoft sent the payment to my paypal account and I had to go in and accept the payment. I got the email immediately after making my payment.

Interesting. I'll be back.

It will also say that you've qualified for "instant cashback" on the screen after you confirm your Paypal payment. I've had 3 or 4 instant cashback payments today.

So dumb question... does paypal take their cut out of the payment first? I still have mine pending so I haven't gotten any $ back yet.

Nope, mine says pending. No additional emails either. I don't get it. Why do some people get theirs' immediately and others not?

So dumb question... does paypal take their cut out of the payment first? I still have mine pending so I haven't gotten any $ back yet.

That's not how it works when I got my "immediate" cashback once before.

I had to pay the full amount, then Microsoft sent me the discount via Paypal within a day. I still don't understand why I got it back so fast though. I actually just stumbled upon it.

That's not how it works when I got my "immediate" cashback once before.

I had to pay the full amount. Then Microsoft sent me the discount via Paypal later.

I ment does paypal take their cut out of Microsofts payment to you? Like any regular paypal deal does.

Back